The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

Would anyone mind doing me a favour? 

Whenever I listen to Cam and Victor, I can tell that there's something that makes their voices sound different, but I can't quite explain what it is. Would anyone mind explaining what it is specifically that makes their voices different?

9 minutes ago, British Man said:

Would anyone mind doing me a favour? 

Whenever I listen to Cam and Victor, I can tell that there's something that makes their voices sound different, but I can't quite explain what it is. Would anyone mind explaining what it is specifically that makes their voices different?

1. Different tones 

2. Cam’s is really smooth while Victor’s is raspy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Daillon said:

1. Different tones 

2. Cam’s is really smooth while Victor’s is raspy.

Another thing: I'm not quite sure how to describe this, but the way that they do runs is different. I actually really like Victor's way of doing runs, though Cam's use of runs is also super tasteful and well-done.

Idk where to post this but I've actually made an artwork for the group photo of the Season 20 top 20 artists and forgot to post it here 💀

IMG-20210525-211910.jpg

also wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone for supporting my artworks that I post here on IDF, y'all are the best 🖤

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Idk where to post this but I've actually made an artwork for the group photo of the Season 20 top 20 artists and forgot to post it here 💀

IMG-20210525-211910.jpg

also wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone for supporting my artworks that I post here on IDF, y'all are the best 🖤

i love how it looks as your signature!!

19 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

IMG-20210525-211910.jpg

You're so talented!!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

IMG-20210525-211910.jpg

You're Amazing!

1 minute ago, MusicMedicine said:

Brooke was scathing about NBC and The Voice last year. 

I am honestly a little surprised about this move.

Maybe they asked her or offered her the opportunity? Idk but same

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lion road said:

Also Brooke Simpson (S13) and Sarah Potenza (S8)

Ugh I kinda hate AGT, but I guess I’ll have to watch. I wonder how many of them will actually get screen time. I think it’s cool that so many Voice frontrunners and favorites will be on AGT, but I wish  we got to see more from people who got less airtime on the Voice instead, like montage queens Katherine Ho or Rebekah Samarin, or people cut immediately in the battles. I remember Sophia Bollman showing up on AGT but getting a no in the auditions.

Edited by ikwonic

With Brooke auditioning for AGT, does that make her the first Voice finalist to do so? I know people audition around these shows, but it seems they hardly get far if they had to jump from show to show. Brooke however, obtained 3rd on the legendary season 13, so hopefully they send her through to lives at least.

I could see a "comeback" story for her too.

S13 was also 4 YEARS AGO?! Where the heck did the time go, I need to rewatch again.

my final thoughts on season 20:

this was definitely one of my favorite seasons ever! there were many different contestants that i enjoyed this season who gave some really great performances. in particular, the KO round was one of the best that i can remember. although the short format with once-a-week episodes and three weeks of lives was TRAGIC, the cast definitely made this season memorable (but next season BETTER be full-length!!) i honestly enjoyed every contestant in the Top 17. we ended up getting a really deserving winner with Cam, giving us a satisfying ending to this awesome season. although i am sad that none of my favorites made it to the finale, the finalists were all strong and deserving. 

Corey is a KING and was definitely one of the best parts of the season (first AND ONLY time i’ll get added to a man’s fan thread!) Savanna is the epitome of a robbed queen, and it’s a CRIME that she was out in the KOs. her BA is amazing and her KO is one of my favorite performances ever. QUEEN!! Zania had a perfect run if you, like me, pretend Dangerous Woman didn’t happen... her BA, Battle, and KO were all easily some of my favorite performances of the season!! Pia stayed true to herself as a reggae artist which was wonderful to watch and gave ICONIC looks week to week! in my opinion, she is the most underrated artist this season. her KO is one of the best performances ever and i honestly loved all of her performances. and of course, Dana Monique is a QUEEN!! my favorite contestant of the season, she was so awesome every time she set foot on the stage. her voice is so insane and her stage presence is FANTASTIC! her KO and PO performances were mind-blowing. on top of being incredibly talented, she’s an amazing and loving person as well. i really think she deserved a spot in the finale, but i’m so proud of her for making it to the semifinals. i love her so much, and she is one of my favorite contestants ever!! overall, season 20 was a fantastic season from start to finish, giving me new all-time favorites, other great contestants, amazing performances, and a happy ending! 

i like to take a break from idolforums between seasons (idf is VERY addicting during the seasons so i need a rest😂). i may drop in over the summer every once in a while, but i’ll definitely be back by the time all the spoilers are out!! i hope all of you and your families stay safe and healthy over the summer!! it’s been so fun discussing the season with you all. see you all for season 21!!💖🥰

• Like 13