The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Jordan had one show now since the finale, and is already having another one on Thursday.

as I said the other day, NBC probably does not really care about enforcing this rule, as there are numerous cases of artists breaking this rule in past seasons. Hope they don't get into trouble either way.

28 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Corey and Jose did an IG Live and confirmed that the contract they're under explicitly forbids them to cover any songs on social media for a set amount of time. You also need to ask permission to do gigs and promotions for an entire year, especially if you plan on using The Voice brand as part of your promotion.

They are also very surprised at the amount of people this season that are bypassing these rules.

LOL. I guess they don’t enforce those rules. I gave some examples the other day. Chevel was singing live for audiences practically from the time she stepped off the plane. Less than three months after her win, a climate change music video with her and Chaka Khan was released. Then she recorded the theme song for the Professional Bull Riders tour, less than a year later, and it aired weekly on CBS! I doubt they approved that. 

Those rules are garbage. If they were to enforce them, it would be reason enough to not go on the show. What good is the exposure if they can’t capitalize on it during the very short window of time when some viewers actually remember who they are. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Those rules are garbage. If they were to enforce them, it would be reason enough to not go on the show. What good is the exposure if they can’t capitalize on it during the very short window of time when some viewers actually remember who they are. 

Completely agree. I'm guessing that particular stipulation is just some boilerplate clause in the contract and since NBC doesn't really have vested interests in caring about the artists on the show, they don't enforce it all. 

Just now, Teraginn said:

Completely agree. I'm guessing that particular stipulation is just some boilerplate clause in the contract and since NBC doesn't really have vested interests in caring about the artists on the show, they don't enforce it all. 

Yeah...Sundance, Barrett(?), Addison, on and on and on broke the rules, unless they got permission. There have been so many that I’m surprised the rule exists. Freaking Allegra? She practically went from the airport, straight to a gig. 😆 

12 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

He already left one record label... Let’s hope RR is good to him (and Carter for that matter)... 🥺🤞

with RR being Ari and Nick's label, hopefully that will work out well.  Gwen is with Interscope, so still under the UMG label.  Gwen's manager is also JHud's manager, so I have hope Carter goes in that theatrical/musical way.

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Like 1

This is not a knock on Victor’s talent, but does anyone else hear a computer, almost static sound in his parts. Is that autotune? If so, I know they’ve been using it, but I’ve never noticed it that much until now. 

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This is not a knock on Victor’s talent, but does anyone else hear a computer, almost static sound in his parts. Is that autotune? If so, I know they’ve been using it, but I’ve never noticed it that much until now. 

I'm not sure. I always thought it was because of his unique tone.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I know they’ve been using it, but I’ve never noticed it that much until now. 

They even do that in the lives...

Will Breman's My body clearly shows how much pitch correction they used.

Some people think it's impossible to tune a live performance but actually it isn't.

https://www.vulture.com/2016/03/live-performance-tricks.html

"Many artists will rely on Auto-Tune and other pitch-correction tools in the studio, but the technology has advanced enough where singers can use it in concert, too. There’s now Auto-Tune Live, which can sense and instantly correct any missed notes so subtly that only the most well-trained ears will ever realize the vocals were initially off-key".

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I'm not sure. I always thought it was because of his unique tone.

Yeah, I’m not sure if it’s just his tone or tuning. Regardless, he’s a great vocalist, so none of this really matters. I was just curious. 😅

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

They even do that in the lives...

Will Breman's My body clearly shows how much pitch correction they used.

Some people think it's impossible to tune a live performance but actually it isn't.

https://www.vulture.com/2016/03/live-performance-tricks.html

"Many artists will rely on Auto-Tune and other pitch-correction tools in the studio, but the technology has advanced enough where singers can use it in concert, too. There’s now Auto-Tune Live, which can sense and instantly correct any missed notes so subtly that only the most well-trained ears will ever realize the vocals were initially off-key".

I think it was @Spurrious that mentioned this, but Tim McGraw apparently cancelled a concert once because his autotune equipment wasn’t working. 😂

I wouldn’t put it past The Voice to use it for their TCOs for live performances. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think it was @Spurrious that mentioned this, but Tim McGraw apparently cancelled a concert once because his autotune equipment wasn’t working. 😂

Btw, here's another proof if someone is wondering.

During a live performance Justin asked to turn off the auto tune.

Around the 0:46 mark.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I was just talking about how I love the S4 panel, and look what we got! 😂 “Swinners”

I love the. I hope they post "Danny's Song" in the future.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

52 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Any of your favorites could have been tuned in live performances too, so you can`t really be a 100% sure that it`s their raw sound sometimes. Anyone could be a candidate.

And we’ve all had favorites who they clearly didn’t use it on. Don’t ask me for names. 

If they have it, they’re more likely to use it on their favorites, or at least contestants who fit into the long term plan. I don’t believe this is beneath them, considering the crap they’ve pulled over the years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And we’ve all had favorites who they clearly didn’t use it on. Don’t ask me for names. 

If they have it, they’re more likely to use it on their favorites, or at least contestants who fit into the long term plan. I don’t believe this is beneath them, considering the crap they’ve pulled over the years. 

Yeah, of course, I wouldn`t be surprised if there`s still manipulation on the lives in terms of pitch correction and such. And yes, just as they might have used it on some TCOs, there have been a lot others that didn`t get that privilege, and still wound up doing fine.

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

TPTB? Manipulating results?

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

In all seriousness, perfect pitch all the time is tricky even for famous professional singers, so it’s not surprising that pitch correction gets used on a big-scale TV production like The Voice. 

But, when they use it for some, but not others, and call it a “competition”.........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

But, when they use it for some, but not others, and call it a “competition”.........

If producers wanted to play fair, they wouldn’t have pimped the bajeebus out of Jordan in S9 or given Xtina a ringer in Alisan for a S10 win.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s my problem and a few of the contestants have mentioned it too. That stage is hard to sing on without in-ears, so everyone struggles a little bit. However, when they tune the chair turners and don’t tune the no chairs it makes it seem like the no chairs are way worse than the chair turners, which is often not true. This is also seen in the battles and KOs where they will tune the winner and not the loser (who isn’t saved/stolen.) It’s just not right. I don’t care if you tune, most artists do anyway, but do it for all, not some.

• Like 6

I noticed Rachel Mac is the last new member and that was over a week ago. I wonder if they had to halt new registrations, due to a certain someone making more accounts. LOL. Also, there were several new ones myself and others were suspicious of who haven’t been seen or heard from in a while. 🤔

Manipulations on reality tv competitions have existed since the dawn of time. They want a good product, they want their people to sound good and to make them look even better, they take the tuning out of the eliminated losers in the pre taped rounds. Pimping has always been obvious too.

Why do y"all think we love the KO rounds so much in comparison to the Cross Battles? Because they are autotuned. Yes, even Cam`s "Feeling Good" KO was autotuned. Kenzie`s too. Zania`s too. They are all tuned. They have a product, and they are trying to sell it, and the audience won`t buy it if it`s as raw as they come like the Cross Battles were. The audience`s reaction to that round said it all.

• Like 2