The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

This could change at any moment, but given everything that has transpired with Idol this season, it's amazing how much less chaos/drama seems to surround the voice when compared to idol 

I believe we`ve only had the Adam/Christina drama, the Robe incident, and the Ryan Gallagher dilema, without counting the individual contestants` possible twitter meltdowns after losing and such.

Either way, Idol has single-handedly beaten the entirety of The Voice in the drama department with only one season.

2 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Wait, what is this? 👀

Tony Lucca, who was on Adam`s team in S2, was a member of The Mickey Mouse Club with Christina, but things became weird from the get go when he didn`t pick her. Then she started to criticize his performances a lot, and Adam wasn`t happy about that. And so it goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Tony Lucca, who was on Adam`s team in S2, was a member of The Mickey Mouse Club with Christina, but things became weird from the get go when he didn`t pick her. Then she started to criticize his performances a lot, and Adam wasn`t happy about that. And so it goes.

LOL that "Trying to be Justin Timberlake" still makes me laugh. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

LOL that "Trying to be Justin Timberlake" still makes me laugh. 😂

Christina being on her phone during Tony's goodbye speech and calling him a misogynist and a bad influence for his daughter (Tony had a son, not a daughter) took the cake for me 😂 I can only wonder what went down between them behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Christina being on her phone during Tony's goodbye speech and calling him a misogynist and a bad influence for his daughter (Tony had a son, not a daughter) took the cake for me 😂 I can only wonder what went down between them behind the scenes. 

Yeah, I`m sure things behind the scenes were not pretty to get to those reactions.

56 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Yeah, she always said "your wife and your cute little daughter" while the truth is he had a son. 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Wait, what is this? 👀

Here you go. I think these are the main Christina sound bites from season 2.

And here's Tony Lucca talking about it after the season ended.

• Thanks 1

Plus IIRC the finale night Adam wore a shirt with something shady on it that was supposedly adressed to Xtina lmao

I was confused when they were "nice" to each other on seasons 5, 8 and 10 👀

As for the BA, I don't think she recognized him tbh lmao TPTB told her afterwards and then she went backstage to meet him

Edited by AliXRose

3 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Plus IIRC the finale night Adam wore a shirt with something shady on it that was supposedly adressed to Xtina lmao

I was confused when they were "nice" to each other on seasons 5, 8 and 10 👀

As for the BA, I don't think she recognized him tbh lmao TPTB told her afterwards and then she went backstage to meet him

I thought he wore a 'Team Xtina' shirt or something and they were okay again. Or am i remembering the wrong episode. 

Though I remember in those early seasons Carson kept having to downplay their supposed feud, saying that its kinda like how families act and give each other crap. 

Edited by gingerbread

23 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

I thought he wore a 'Team Xtina' shirt or something and they were okay again. Or am i remembering the wrong episode. 

Though I remember in those early seasons Carson kept having to downplay their supposed feud, saying that its kinda like how families act and give each other crap. 

Their feud directly impacted the results. It’s part of the reason Jermaine Paul won, since Adam and Xtina’s singers ended up 3rd and 4th in the fallout. 

Edited by AngelaKD

40 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

Oh right, it's his finale song and the "I got 99 problems, but a b*tch ain't one" line that was supposedly adressed to Xtina 

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Oh right, it's his finale song and the "I got 99 problems, but a b*tch ain't one" line that was supposedly adressed to Xtina 

To this day, the only time that "99 Problems" was performed on the show. 

It is iconic that he was the last audition of the season, and went on to win the show. Most acts that are the last to audition don’t even make the lives.

Cam actually reminded me of a young Chris Blue when I saw his first preshow performance, and he ended up winning just like him. Both of their wins were also unclear statistically before the finale results. I’m glad that Cam’s win is a lot more positively received here, as IDF isn’t usually this excited about a male winner, plus the runner up was not well liked here, unlike Lauren. 

• Like 1

I lowkey love Season 2 and its Top 8 is actually really cool and diverse, it's such a shame it was marred by the whole Adam-Xtina feud, which also necessitated them axing the whole coach/public points system in the semifinals. I suspect the coach feud also factored in them lifting the coach quota for Season 3.

Since there are so many The Voice alums that are in Season 16 of AGT, there's probably people here that might be interested in attending a taping this summer. According to this article the show is planning to have live shows at the Dolby Theater again. There aren't any tickets available at the moment, but you can sign up for the mailing list to be notified when tickets are posted.

https://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Americas_Got_Talent

Goodbye, virtual auditions with poor connections! For Season 16, AGT fans can expect all in-person tryouts. And the current plan is for a (safely distanced) live audience later this summer at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. “Live shows are my favorite — anything can go wrong, and it has done so in the past,” Cowell says. “You’re right on the edge, and I love that feeling.”

https://www.tvinsider.com/998322/americas-got-talent-season-16-simon-cowell-sofia-vergara-preview/