The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

18 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Omg omg so Chris Weaver from S13 audition for the new season of AGT😳

1 minute ago, British Man said:

Gihanna's Instant Save performances has more YouTube views than her Top 9 performance.

bothe moved to General discussion

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

Omg omg so Chris Weaver from S13 audition for the new season of AGT😳

oooh yes!!! 

1 hour ago, British Man said:

Gihanna's Instant Save performances has more YouTube views than her Top 9 performance.

icon (But also people watch her t9 it's also great!)

Hi guys! I took a rest from IDF for a few days, and all i have to say is that, it annoys me how the audience don't even try to hide anymore how mysoginistic they are. The fact that the last three seasons we only had three female finalists (out of 15 finalists in total) it's just dissapointing. And no, you can't come at me and tell me that there were no females talented enough to make it to the finale, there have been plenty of female talent, but the audience will never recognize them because of their gender. 

Out of the three seasons before this one, only one female made it to the Top 2, and that was only because she was Team Blake. 

Literally the only way nowadays that a female contestant can get more votes than a male contestant is if all her male competition does a mediocre job, the perfect example of that is Team Kelly last season (where the only male was Tanner) and Team Nick this season (where all the male contestants underperformed). Believe me, i try so hard to enjoy the show, but this is just way to much. The fact that the main audience can't spend five seconds without criticizing or attacking a female coach is depressing asf, they have reached some levels of toxicity that i can't stand anymore. 

Sorry, i needed to let that out of my system. If someone wants to ignore that there is a problem with sexism with the audience, good for you (i say this mainly for people on other sites, i think most people here acknowledge the problem) . I personally, can't ignore it anymore. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hi guys! I took a rest from IDF for a few days, and i'll have to say is that, it annoys me how the audience don't even try to hide anymore how mysoginistic they are. The fact that the last three seasons we only had three female finalists (out of 15 finalists in total) it's just dissapointing. And no, you can't come at me and tell me that there were no females talented enough to make it to the finale, there have been plenty of female talent, but the audience will never recognize them because of their gender. 

Out of the three seasons before this one, only one female made it to the Top 2, and that was only because she was Team Blake. 

Literally the only way nowadays that a female contestant can get more votes than a male contestant is if all her male competition does a mediocre job, the perfect example of that is Team Kelly last season (where the only male was Tanner) and Team Nick this season (where all the male contestants underperformed). Believe me, i try so hard to enjoy the show, but this is just way to much. The fact that the main audience can't spend five seconds without criticizing or attacking a female coach is depressing asf, they have reached some levels of toxicity that i can't stand anymore. 

Sorry, i needed to let that out of my system. If someone wants to ignore that there is a problem with sexism with the audience, good for you (i say this mainly for people on other sites, i think most people here acknowledge the problem) . I personally, can't ignore it anymore. 

preach christina aguilera GIF

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hi guys! I took a rest from IDF for a few days, and i'll have to say is that, it annoys me how the audience don't even try to hide anymore how mysoginistic they are. The fact that the last three seasons we only had three female finalists (out of 15 finalists in total) it's just dissapointing. And no, you can't come at me and tell me that there were no females talented enough to make it to the finale, there have been plenty of female talent, but the audience will never recognize them because of their gender. 

The end result is we often end up with the same “types” of contestants in the finale, and the audience gets bored. I don’t think I need to elaborate any further. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I’m really hoping Ariana can change things up (and I think the producers are too.) It’s about time we got another female winner.  

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 4

I never noticed this until now but, there was a forgettable guy from Season 6 named Caleb Elder who actually has an error on his studio recording picture, one side on the part of his shirt is missing and you can see the backround behind him.

I've had some talented snowflakes these recent seasons but I haven't seen a potential female winner since season 16 tbh. 

After the Team Waffle era (4 wins in a row), this was kinda expected so I don't mind the male dominance for now. I wish we had more female finalists though. 

Nevertheless, we should feel optimistic about next season. Ariana Grande on The Voice is good news for Team Waffle :thumbs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey_Raine said:

I never noticed this until now but, there was a forgettable guy from Season 6 named Caleb Elder who actually has an error on his studio recording picture, one side on the part of his shirt is missing and you can see the backround behind him.

Caleb-Elder.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

While I was re-listening this season's "Dynamite" performance, this group performance just popped into my mind and it made me miss the Season 13 cast so much. 

What a talented cast. This reminds me of why Season 13's one of the best seasons 🥰

side note: this made me miss Janice :( 

• Like 7

Just now, sydneysam said:

What a talented cast. This reminds me of why Season 13's one of the best seasons 🥰

side note: this made me miss Janice :( 

Season 13 is for sure my favorite season since my ultimate favorite snowflake, Chloe MK is there also.

I miss Janice too. Such a talented soul. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Season 13 is for sure my favorite season since my ultimate favorite snowflake, Chloe MK is there also.

I miss Janice too. Such a talented soul. 

Speaking of S13, happy birthday Brooke Simpson! 🥰

• Like 7

3 hours ago, echoap said:

I've had some talented snowflakes these recent seasons but I haven't seen a potential female winner since season 16 tbh. 

After the Team Waffle era (4 wins in a row), this was kinda expected so I don't mind the male dominance for now. I wish we had more female finalists though. 

Nevertheless, we should feel optimistic about next season. Ariana Grande on The Voice is good news for Team Waffle :thumbs:

What is "team waffle"?

5 hours ago, echoap said:

They might bring in some more females for Ariana, but I don’t think minivan will like her any than they liked Miley or Christina. Kelly sort of gets a pass, because she’s basically one of them. Ariana is not “one of them.”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They might bring in some more females for Ariana, but I don’t think minivan will like her any than they liked Miley or Christina. Kelly sort of gets a pass, because she’s basically one of them. Ariana is not “one of them.”

Ariana’s success on the show will not happen thanks to minivan, I’ve actually seen multiple boomers comment on The Voice’s ariana’s posts saying she’s a bad choice and whatever. It’s the fan base she’s about to bring in that might create some competition for minivan. Again, this is assuming that Arianators will make a drastic change, which we have yet to see, but it definitely brings more hope for female representation next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, Minivan isn't going to be happy. I'm expecting Ariana to be basically Miley so Bringing in a significant amount of new viewers is gonna be her only chance, although I doubt that's gonna happen. Who knows though. 

That said, the only type of contestant I see thriving on Team Grande would be some sort of female pop singer (Team Miley 2.0?) and Ariana is definitely getting pimped so there's a fair chance we're gonna have a pimped female (most likely young) on Team Grande next season. This means a Finale spot + potential frontrunner status if this contestant happens to be good enough. That's why I'm feeling a bit optimistic about next season and let's not forget that with 4 male winners in a row now, the odds for a female winner are only getting better for next season :haha:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hi guys! I took a rest from IDF for a few days, and all i have to say is that, it annoys me how the audience don't even try to hide anymore how mysoginistic they are. The fact that the last three seasons we only had three female finalists (out of 15 finalists in total) it's just dissapointing. And no, you can't come at me and tell me that there were no females talented enough to make it to the finale, there have been plenty of female talent, but the audience will never recognize them because of their gender. 

And the irony is the audience is probably about 85% female...