The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Did Chelle Sue turn a chair? She’s been talking a lot about the show and she shares her excitement a lot, something I haven’t seen with the rest of the non-chair turners this season.

I'm fairly confident she's one of the 5 unknowns. There's just no specific evidence for her yet.

3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Looking at the spoiler lists preseason, I was under the impression that they're trying to skew younger with a lot of teenage acts. This premiere's lineup and song choices proved me wrong. I guess they've officially given up on appealing to the millenials. Personally not too bothered by this, just making an observation. 

Yay for Todd Tilghman getting 4 chairs and a prime blind audition spot! They're airing all my preseason picks this week. Hope he exceeds my expectations. 

There are 4 teenagers on tonight....two 16 year olds, a 17 year old, and an 18 year old. That doesn’t seem like a lower number than usual. 

1 hour ago, MatthewPalermo said:

I’ll admit I’m not really thrilled with this premiere lineup. 

The only one I’m really invested in is Joanna, but maybe someone else will be enjoyable. 

This looks to be one of the weakest premiere lineups.

As for Joanna, I'm not confident that she will have a good run on the show...a 4 chair turn who gets eliminated at the Battles, stolen, and then eliminated at the Knockouts, and stolen again probably has some trouble, but we'll see.

Reminder for what we know about battle results based on blinds and KO info:

Team Kelly:

Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - My Baby Loves Me (Martina McBride)

Tayler Green vs. JULES - Water Under the Bridge (Adele)

Megan Danielle wins her battle

Micah Iverson wins his battle and it was a Lewis Capaldi song

Kelly stole Cam Wesley from Team John

With 4 confirmed battle winners, there is only one winner left unconfirmed - they face Mandi Thomas in KO's

Team Nick:

Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco - TBA

Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris - Lights Up (Harry Styles)

Joanna Serenko lost her battle and was stolen by John

Tate Brusa was present for Knockouts. Meaning he either won his battle or was Nick's coach save.

Allegra Miles was present for Knockouts, meaning she either won her battle or was Nick's steal.

Team John:

Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice Webber - Stay (Rihanna) - Cedrice Webber was stolen by Blake

Mandi Castillo wins her battle

Zan Fiskum wins her battle

Cam Wesley lost his battle and was stolen by Kelly

John stole Joanna Serenko from Nick

Team Blake:

Cam Spinks vs. Kailey Abel - TBA

Levi Watkins vs. Jamal Corrie - Counting Stars (OneRepublic)

Joei Fulco wins her battle

Toneisha Harris wins her battle

Todd Tilghman likely made it to knockouts as either Blake's final battle winner or coach save

Todd Michael Hall likely made it to knockouts as either Blake's final battle winner or coach save

Blake stole Cedrice Webber from John

So Joanna really was a four-chair-turn?  Damn.  That's two four-chair-turns Nick's going to dump, then!  I was excited about him as a coach, but that excitement is starting to wane now that it's clear that he's going to make a lot of pretty bad choices this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Todd Tilghman (We Got Tonight - Bob Seger) - 4 chairs, picks BLAKE

Nelson Cade III (Pride & Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughn) - 4 chairs, John blocks Nick picks JOHN

Tate Brusa (Perfect - Ed Sheeran) - Nick & Blake, picks NICK

Tayler Green (Issues - Julia Michaels) _ Kelly & Nick turn, picks KELLY

Ashley Plath (Baby It's You) - No chair turns

Darious Lyles (How Do You Sleep - Sam Smith) - John & Kelly turn, picks JOHN

Megan Danielle (Remedy) - KELLY

Chrissy Joly (Don't Let Me Down) - No chair turns

Todd Michael Hall (Juke Box Hero - Foreigner) - Blake & John turn, picks BLAKE

Emily Bass (Love Yourself - Justin Bieber) - No chair turns)

Joanna Serenko (All My Lovin' - The Beatles) = 4 chairs, picks NICK

Well, since ancient times, at least one artist from the premiere has made the Finale. So who's gonna be the lucky one in this list? 

At first glance, Joanna seems the only promising contestant here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, echoap said:

Well, since ancient times, at least one artist from the premiere has made the Finale. So who's gonna be the lucky one in this list? 

My bets on one of the Todd's, knowing how America votes. 😔

10 minutes ago, echoap said:

So who's gonna be the lucky one in this list? 

I also think Joanna, but to say something else more risky, I think Kelly will get to the final, and we know that Megan made it to the playoffs. She's a teenager, sings well, and even if she's a one chair turn, she can surprise and make it to the final... She even won her battle and knockout, the last one with a Kelly song... 

38 minutes ago, echoap said:

She has to withstand Team Blake first. Closing the premiere should help her get a little bit of a following. If she can maintain that, and add Blake’s fans to her PO voting totals, she has a shot. It might come down to how they do the T17 voting. If it’s one PV plus one coach pick, it’s going to be tough. If Cam Spinks is still in, he’ll be formidable, and Blake has a history of saving someone who’s been with him since the beginning. Toneisha seems to fit the profile of someone he would save. If it’s a straight top 8 vote, or something along those lines, her odds of advancing will be much better. 

I don’t see much finale potential in this premiere either. Joanna is the only one, and she has a lot to overcome. 

Edited by TeamAudra

29 minutes ago, OSMC said:

My bets on one of the Todd's, knowing how America votes. 😔

The first Todd has a cute family and he's a church man so there's that as well. 

28 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

I also think Joanna, but to say something else more risky, I think Kelly will get to the final, and we know that Megan made it to the playoffs. She's a teenager, sings well, and even if she's a one chair turn, she can surprise and make it to the final... She even won her battle and knockout, the last one with a Kelly song... 

Personally I'm expecting Team Kelly to be wiped out before the finals. :muwahaha:

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She has to withstand Team Blake first. Closing the premiere should help her get a little bit of a following. If she can maintain that, and add Blake’s fans to her PO voting totals, she has a shot. It might come down to how they do the T17 voting. If it’s one PV plus one coach pick, it’s going to be tough. If Cam Spinks is still in, he’ll be formidable, and Blake has a history of saving someone who’s been with him since the beginning. Toneisha seems to fit the profile of someone he would save. If it’s a straight top 8 vote, or something along those lines, her odds of advancing will be much better. 

I don’t see much finale potential in this premiere either. Joanna is the only one, and she has a lot to overcome. 

Yeah, Toneisha is Joanna's biggest competition rn, but unlike her past iterations, Toneisha seems a bit boring as a contestant, so I hope Blake picks a more interesting Joanna when the time comes. 

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

For those who don't want to click the link: https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-season-18-spoilers-premiere-song-choices-and-results.htm

Todd Tilghman (We Got Tonight - Bob Seger) - 4 chairs, picks BLAKE

Nelson Cade III (Pride & Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughn) - 4 chairs, John blocks Nick picks JOHN

Tate Brusa (Perfect - Ed Sheeran) - Nick & Blake, picks NICK

Tayler Green (Issues - Julia Michaels) _ Kelly & Nick turn, picks KELLY

Ashley Plath (Baby It's You) - No chair turns

Darious Lyles (How Do You Sleep - Sam Smith) - John & Kelly turn, picks JOHN

Megan Danielle (Remedy) - KELLY

Chrissy Joly (Don't Let Me Down) - No chair turns

Todd Michael Hall (Juke Box Hero - Foreigner) - Blake & John turn, picks BLAKE

Emily Bass (Love Yourself - Justin Bieber) - No chair turns)

Joanna Serenko (All My Lovin' - The Beatles) = 4 chairs, picks NICK

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Teams as we know them:

Team Kelly (6/10)

JULES

Mandi Thomas

Megan Danielle

Micah Iverson (Kelly's "only guy remaining" post-KO)

Sara Collins

Tayler Green

Team Nick (6/10)

Arei Moon (somebody blocks Kelly)

Jacob Miller

Joanna Serenko (4 chair - stolen by John in battles, later stolen by Blake in KO's)

Kevin Farris

Samuel Wilco

Tate Brusa 

Team Legend (10/10):

Brittney Allen

Cam Wesley

Cedrice Webber (1 chair - final chair turn of season)

Darious Lyles

Mandi Castillo (4 chair)

Mike Jerel

Nelson Cade III (4 chair - John blocks Nick)

Thunderstorm Artis (4 chair)

Zach Day

Zan Fiskum

Team Blake (8/10)

Cam Spinks

Jamal Corrie

Joei Fulco

Kailey Abel

Levi Watkins

Todd Michael Hall

Todd Tilghman (4 chair)

Toneisha Harris (4 chair)

Unplaced, likely chair turn (5)

Allegra Miles (likely team Nick - but with Nick's battle steal unknown, she's not 100% confirmed)

Gigi Hess

Jon Mullins

Michael Williams

Samantha Howell

We know six 4 chair turns so far this season.

We're still missing about 5 names, assuming the 5 at the bottom are correct.

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Reminder for what we know about battle results based on blinds and KO info:

Team Kelly:

Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - My Baby Loves Me (Martina McBride)

Tayler Green vs. JULES - Water Under the Bridge (Adele)

Megan Danielle wins her battle

Micah Iverson wins his battle and it was a Lewis Capaldi song

Kelly stole Cam Wesley from Team John

With 4 confirmed battle winners, there is only one winner left unconfirmed - they face Mandi Thomas in KO's

Team Nick:

Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco - TBA

Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris - Lights Up (Harry Styles)

Joanna Serenko lost her battle and was stolen by John

Tate Brusa was present for Knockouts. Meaning he either won his battle or was Nick's coach save.

Allegra Miles was present for Knockouts, meaning she either won her battle or was Nick's steal.

Team John:

Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice Webber - Stay (Rihanna) - Cedrice Webber was stolen by Blake

Mandi Castillo wins her battle

Zan Fiskum wins her battle

Cam Wesley lost his battle and was stolen by Kelly

John stole Joanna Serenko from Nick

Team Blake:

Cam Spinks vs. Kailey Abel - TBA

Levi Watkins vs. Jamal Corrie - Counting Stars (OneRepublic)

Joei Fulco wins her battle

Toneisha Harris wins her battle

Todd Tilghman likely made it to knockouts as either Blake's final battle winner or coach save

Todd Michael Hall likely made it to knockouts as either Blake's final battle winner or coach save

Blake stole Cedrice Webber from John

thanks for the Cliff Notes :w00twave:

2 hours ago, echoap said:

Season FIVE was the last time no contestants from the premiere made the finale. 

Chances are high that anyone placed early in the premiere went decently far.

Edit: Holy crap, I just looked at all of the past seasons, season 5 is the ONLY season where no one from the premiere made the finale.

Edited by MatthewPalermo

2 hours ago, echoap said:

Well she certainly has the pipes to that far...and she'd be my pick of this group too.  Puzzling that she lost both battle and KO tho.  I'll reserve judgment until I see those performances.

10 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Well she certainly has the pipes to that far...and she'd be my pick of this group too.  Puzzling that she lost both battle and KO tho.  I'll reserve judgment until I see those performances.

Well, for one thing, she’s not fully utilizing her pipes. She’s doing the indie jazz thing...even in this BA, which was good enough to put in the premiere pimp spot. As others have mentioned, her genre isn’t popular with the audience. Some will even assume she has a “limited range,” which is clearly not the case. She’s competing on tone and song choice. 

Listening to the Kelly/Nick interview (on ET) he was saying that some of the contestants were sponges, and some were artists in their own rights, and that the later didn't work on the show. I am sort of wondering if Joanna, is someone he is putting into that category. I can see her having a strong viewpoint of who she is as an artist. For those types of voice contestants, Blake is a great coach, because he does tend to let artists showcase who they are. 

28 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Season FIVE was the last time no contestants from the premiere made the finale. 

Chances are high that anyone placed early in the premiere went decently far.

Edit: Holy crap, I just looked at all of the past seasons, season 5 is the ONLY season where no one from the premiere made the finale.

That's been the trend lately. 

19 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

She needs to channel her inner Joss Stone at some point 😎. That'd be very risky since she's not that experienced, but it might pay off big-time. 

17 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Listening to the Kelly/Nick interview (on ET) he was saying that some of the contestants were sponges, and some were artists in their own rights, and that the later didn't work on the show. I am sort of wondering if Joanna, is someone he is putting into that category. I can see her having a strong viewpoint of who she is as an artist. For those types of voice contestants, Blake is a great coach, because he does tend to let artists showcase who they are. 

Nick doesn’t think artistry works on the show? Am I reading that right?

Edited by TeamAudra