The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

33 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

I have no argument. I simply made a statement I stand by:  Todd has ZERO chance of future music success for a variety of reasons.  His age, appearance, personality, cultish religion, and general aura don't excite anyone but maybe an over 50 excommunicated Pentecostal mongrel - and those who identify with said mongrels. Clearly there are a lot of over 50 mongrels out there who voted for him.  I'm over 50 but I'm not a mongrel.  I'm a Dalmatian.

Best 101 Dalmatian GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Jake Hoot is a million times more marketable than Todd.  Jake Hoot has a pure tenors belting range that is extremely rare and sought after in the country genre.  Jake has possibilities. Todd has 8 children and a flock of Pentecostal parishioners who don't drink.

If I ever said Jake was going to be a star I apologize.  All I meant to convey was I thought he was going to win and he had a unique voice that could work in today's country format very well - and his personality and "aura" wouldn't work against him.

Let me throw this out there. First of all, I’m not a fan of either Hoot or Todd. I think they’re both generic, and mostly displayed karaoke throughout their entire runs on the show. Nearly every season has a variation of one of those guys, which is fine, because this is what the audience likes. Anyway...I would wager a lot that Todd could more easily sell out shows in his home state of Mississippi than Hoot could in Tennessee or North Carolina, depending on which state he claims as home. Other than that, it’s about a wash. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Let me throw this out there. First of all, I’m not a fan of either Hoot or Todd. I think they’re both generic, and mostly displayed karaoke throughout their entire runs on the show. Nearly every season has a variation of one of those guys, which is fine, because this is what the audience likes. Anyway...I would wager a lot that Todd could more easily sell out shows in his home state of Mississippi than Hoot could in Tennessee or North Carolina, depending on which state he claims as home. Other than that, it’s about a wash. 

Let me throw this out there.  If there's one thing in my life I've learned it's not to underestimate religious dedication.  Todd has a religious fanbase and I agree with your assessment of drawing a larger crowd in that single regard. 

18 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Jake Hoot is a million times more marketable than Todd.  Jake Hoot has a pure tenors belting range that is extremely rare and sought after in the country genre.  Jake has possibilities. Todd has 8 children and a flock of Pentecostal parishioners who don't drink.

If I ever said Jake was going to be a star I apologize.  All I meant to convey was I thought he was going to win and he had a unique voice that could work in today's country format very well - and his personality and "aura" wouldn't work against him.

I disagree.  I think Hoot is purely karaoke while Todd injected a lot of passion and realness and rawness into his performances and I think there is a market for that regardless of age.

Ya know...it's actually kind of a shame.  You seem like a smart person, but your rose colored glasses for anyone team Kelly and disdain for anyone who isn't make it hard to take you seriously.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

I disagree.  I think Hoot is purely karaoke while Todd injected a lot of passion and realness and rawness into his performances and I think there is a market for that regardless of age.

Ya know...it's actually kind of a shame.  You seem like a smart person, but your rose colored glasses for anyone team Kelly and disdain for anyone who isn't make it hard to take you seriously.

This is an internet message board.  No one believes anything anyone says - especially about themselves.  If I told you I own more than 500 hotels (mainly roadside franchise motels/hotels on main interstate hiway exchanges), I've owned dozens of television & radio stations in the past, promoted national & international concert tours decades ago before LiveNation & AEG cornered the market, own outright two full size cruise ships, own moorings and cruise ship docks in Miami, New Orleans, Boston, Los Angeles & San Francisco, own more than 600 thousand acres of land in 33 states, and much, much more you'd never believe anyone so wealthy and accomplished would spend time on an internet message board discussing television singing shows.  So - there's nothing I can say that you would believe.  But I'm honest when it's necessary.  Rich people have time-wasting passions too - and I'm one of them. 

eta - and I forgot to say - yeah I like KC.  But she does &hit that aggravates me all the time.  Her personality, heart & soul come thru in her voice and it moves me unlike anyone ever has.

Edited by Cranberrys

4 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

This is an internet message board.  No one believes anything anyone says - especially about themselves.  If I told you I own more than 500 hotels (mainly roadside franchise motels/hotels on main interstate hiway exchanges), I've owned dozens of television & radio stations in the past, promoted national & international concert tours decades ago before LiveNation & AEG cornered the market, own outright two full size cruise ships, own moorings and cruise ship docks in Miami, New Orleans, Boston, Los Angeles & San Francisco, own more than 600 thousand acres of land in 33 states, and much, much more you'd never believe anyone so wealthy and accomplished would spend time on an internet message board discussing television singing shows.  So - there's nothing I can say that you would believe.  But I'm honest when it's necessary.  Rich people have time-wasting passions too - and I'm one of them. 

@TeamAudra, I believe this is what you would characterize as a "flex".

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

triple h wrestling GIF by WWE

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

To be fair, objective and unbias, don't care for either, Todd or Hoot... And that is regardless of what I own or how rich I am.

55 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

eta - and I forgot to say - yeah I like KC.  But she does &hit that aggravates me all the time.  Her personality, heart & soul come thru in her voice and it moves me unlike anyone ever has.

Hi Hillary

So what I take from all this is.... it doesn't matter who wins The Voice because their careers never go anywhere, and.... how dare anyone but my precious snowflake win The Voice? He or she was robbed, robbed I tell you!!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

So what I take from all this is.... it doesn't matter who wins The Voice because their careers never go anywhere, and.... how dare anyone but my precious snowflake win The Voice? He or she was robbed, robbed I tell you!!!

As in "sour grapes"?

Blake calling out Universal Records ...again.  Blake is such a caring and a genuinely nice guy but I wonder how after 18 season he doesn't know TV is about the coaches.   TBH: calling out Universal is pointless....NBC made this arrangement so they could have that sound bite that says "Record Deal".  That's all it is.  Unless and until the network decides to throw some weight and money around to give the show some musical legitimacy, that's all it will ever be.  

10 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Toneisha is the only AA woman to get 2nd place!

Hold on... maybe they’ll say something in the next couple of days that’ll say Thunderstorm ALSO places 2nd.

but if Thunderstorm really placed 3rd, that is likely why they didn’t announce 3rd place on air. Which is pretty stupid, just to have the new coach there really.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

:rofl::lmao:

Edited by Daillon

9 hours ago, Vinyl said:

9 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

As in "sour grapes"?

If they were fermented grapes, they could be wine - and if I drank it I still wouldn't be drunk enough to understand the rant/tantrum being thrown. Imagine getting so wrapped around the axel about a televised singing competition that you can't comprehend anyone you don't like winning the show. Yikes.

10 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

Joanna has a song for you. You might love the lyrics 🤭

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Toneisha is the only AA woman to get 2nd place!

Wow! Congrats to her! They probably didn´t announce the runner up placement because the top 2 were from the same coach, which is stupid tbh, or they just ran out of time.

19 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

All of the songs on his EP are better than Sedona.  Maybe he didn’t mind letting that one go....

The best way to describe his EP.....If Sawyer were black.....

Because that’s basically the type of artist he is. I think he was a fish out of water on this show. For his own shows, he sits in a chair, plays his guitar, and sings his self penned songs. No band. No vocal gymnastics. 

You must not be following Sawyer lately. He has a band that he tours with and his music isn’t at all the quiet, sit on a stool, coffee-shop stuff you describe.