The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

Just now, Cranberrys said:

Are you dense?  He reaffirmed he is a Pentecostal Preacher in the finale.  He is a Pentecostal Preacher and he and his family are devout Pentecostals.  Why would you try to refute it?

It was a figure of speech. "Pentecostal" here is an adjective that meant to refer to the liveliness of his church services.

Again, he has been clearing this up with people ever since he said it on TV. 

17 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

It was a figure of speech. "Pentecostal" here is an adjective that meant to refer to the liveliness of his church services.

Again, he has been clearing this up with people ever since he said it on TV. 

I’m not sure why it matters, but it says it’s a Pentecostal church on their profile. Maybe it is a figure of speech. I have no idea, and I honestly do not care. 

https://www.meridianstar.com/community/religion/worship-site-profile-cornerstone-church/article_a23e66e1-dd08-5e49-8664-d98424499095.html

Edited by TeamAudra

22 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

You are making assumptions you know nothing about.  

Viral sensations come from "hits" written by the artist.  HIT SONGS!  Post Malone can't sing a lick - but he writes GREAT SONGS.  You are out of your mind if you think singers come first in the creative process and the decisions labels make when it's time to invest money in an artist's career.  CONTENT IS KING!  And that will never, never, never, never, never change.

Again, there are countless artists that don't get the opportunity to shine because they're not lucky enough. According to you it's very simple, Make a cover or upload a song to whatever platform, go viral (good luck with that) and make it big. You can't be more wrong about it.

I recommend you to Google Billie Eillish, Lizzo and Charlie Puth's stories to get an idea of how different everyone's path is. There's no hard science in music. 

BTW, it's hilarious that you think you know about talent when last year you said that Jake Hoot was going to take country music by storm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not sure why it matters, but it says it’s a Pentecostal church on their profile. Maybe it is a figure of speech. I have no idea, and I honestly do not care. 

https://www.meridianstar.com/community/religion/worship-site-profile-cornerstone-church/article_a23e66e1-dd08-5e49-8664-d98424499095.html

The parenthetical remark besides that tells me it is a figure of speech. 

2 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

The bottom line here - if you go back and read the last dozen posts - is Maelyn and Todd have ZERO chance at significant music careers.  99.9% of their music careers ended with their last performance on The Voice.

Did I say they were? Why are you so angry about this?

1 hour ago, Theleaguan said:

YOU TELL THEM BLAKE! KING BLAKE! 

Not that Universal Republic should be let off the hook, but... do these talking heads from ET Canada mention even once how the music landscape is completely different than when AI started?

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It matters because Pentecostals are, by and large, considered a cult.  In the deep south many Pentecostal Holiness Church women don't wear makeup or cut their hair.  Many don't allow televisions or radios in their homes.  The strict Pentecostals abhor everything related to pop culture and consider it's inclusion in daily life to be a sin.  Alcohol is forbidden.  The vast majority of Pentecostal sects believe in Divine Healing.  Many Pentecostal sects refuse modern medicine and eschew doctors and medicines altogether.  Many southern sects handle poisonous snakes during church services.  All Pentecostal's speak in "tongues" and the religion generally subjugates women.  They do a hell of a lot more crazy stuff - Google it yourself but Pentecostals constantly reedit the Wikipedia pages the same way Scientologists reedit Scientology - so you'll have to dig deeper.

Edited by Cranberrys

Well clearly his wife cuts her hair and wears makeup, and they participate in pop culture. So maybe there are different types. 

Anyways, I will say Danielle was pushed, country music just treats women poorly. That said if we’re talking gabby, she didn’t win and therefore wasn’t on AI’s record deal. 

12 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

It matters because Pentecostals are, by and large, considered a cult.  In the deep south many Pentecostal Holiness Church women don't wear makeup or cut their hair......

Todd's wife and sister work for a makeup and personal beauty company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranberrys said:

It matters because Pentecostals are, by and large, considered a cult.  In the deep south many Pentecostal Holiness Church women don't wear makeup or cut their hair.  Many don't allow televisions or radios in their homes.  The strict Pentecostals abhor everything related to pop culture and consider it's inclusion in daily life to be a sin.  Alcohol is forbidden.  The vast majority of Pentecostal sects believe in Divine Healing.  Many Pentecostal sects refuse modern medicine and eschew doctors and medicines altogether.  Many southern sects handle poisonous snakes during church services.  All Pentecostal's speak in "tongues" and the religion generally subjugates women.  They do a hell of a lot more crazy stuff - Google it yourself but Pentecostals constantly reedit the Wikipedia pages the same way Scientologists reedit Scientology - so you'll have to dig deeper.

I know what it is. 

45 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

They had some interesting ideas for how the show can improve. 

Wack jobs.  They're out of their minds to suggest The Voice should take the Coaches out of the entertainment equation in any way. Without the Coach's humor injected competition for the contestants during the Blinds there is no television show to watch.  The Voice is about the Coaches. These two dolts just don't get it.

And while we're on the topic of the Coaches - my review of Nick's first season is an ice cold 32 out of 100. He seems much smaller in stature, both personally & professionally, than he did before the season.  He's not funny, he's a &hitty singer, and he brought nothing useful to the table in the mentoring stage.  I think he'll be back for next season out of necessity because of the Pandemic but after that adios brother Nick.

Edited by Cranberrys

10 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

And while we're on the topic of the Coaches - my review of Nick's first season is an ice cold 32 out of 100. He seems much smaller in stature, both personally & professionally, than he did before the season.  He's not funny, he's a &hitty singer, and he brought nothing useful to the table in the mentoring stage.  I think he'll be back for next season out of necessity because of the Pandemic but after that adios brother Nick.

Do you think they brought in Nick as a coach originally to bring in younger viewers to the show?

5 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Yes - and it probably worked until those younger viewers saw how boring he is.

Yes he was quite boring imo at least Adam was entertaining.

1 hour ago, Cranberrys said:

So is your main argument here that since Todd is a Pentecostal, he won't thrive in the music industry because a vast majority of it is centered around pop culture?

Edited by Maxwell

12 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Yes he was quite boring imo at least Adam was entertaining.

So is your main argument here that since Todd is a Pentecostal, he won't thrive in the music industry because a vast majority of it is centered around pop culture?

I have no argument. I simply made a statement I stand by:  Todd has ZERO chance of future music success for a variety of reasons.  His age, appearance, personality, cultish religion, and general aura don't excite anyone but maybe an over 50 excommunicated Pentecostal mongrel - and those who identify with said mongrels. Clearly there are a lot of over 50 mongrels out there who voted for him.  I'm over 50 but I'm not a mongrel.  I'm a Dalmatian.

Edited by Cranberrys
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

i'm not pentecostal

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

I have no argument. I simply made a statement I stand by:  Todd has ZERO chance of future music success for a variety of reasons.  His age, appearance, personality, cultish religion, and general aura don't excite anyone but maybe an over 50 excommunicated Pentecostal mongrel - and those who identify with said mongrels. Clearly there are a lot of over 50 mongrels out there who voted for him.  I'm over 50 but I'm not a mongrel.  I'm a Dalmatian.

But you sang the praises of Jake Hoot.  Are you saying that his appearance, personality, and general aura are that much greater than Todd's.

See where I'm going with this?

25 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Would it make you feel better if I pointed out that Kelly was Todd's second choice for a coach?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

But you sang the praises of Jake Hoot.  Are you saying that his appearance, personality, and general aura are that much greater than Todd's.

See where I'm going with this?

Jake Hoot is a million times more marketable than Todd.  Jake Hoot has a pure tenors belting range that is extremely rare and sought after in the country genre.  Jake has possibilities. Todd has 8 children and a flock of Pentecostal parishioners who don't drink.

If I ever said Jake was going to be a star I apologize.  All I meant to convey was I thought he was going to win and he had a unique voice that could work in today's country format very well - and his personality and "aura" wouldn't work against him.

Edited by Cranberrys