The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

I was wondering why Camila was suddenly trending on Twitter, so I tuned into the Coachella livestream for Lana's weekend 2 set

Symone Ridgell GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yeah, we should be able to get Camila real cheap for S26 or S27.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I was wondering why Camila was suddenly trending on Twitter, so I tuned into the Coachella livestream for Lana's weekend 2 set

ur so-

she did eat thou! lana on the other hand ...

27 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

that song gives me so much secondhand embarrassment like....

2 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Amazing to see they’ve remained friends 😍

they probably had a lot of fun together at Coachella

On 4/20/2024 at 5:16 AM, Tmp 12 said:

Not Camila please 🙏😩😂anyone but her 

She got a Top 3 finalist on her first time as a coach. That's something that Shakira, Pharrell, Gwen, Miley, JHud, Ariana and Chance can't presume. 

It took five seasons for Gwen to have a Top 3 finalist, who happened to be a winner, yeah, but before that her contestants couldn't get past 4th place.

• Like 5

On 4/20/2024 at 12:15 AM, Someone648 said:

ezgif-3-bfab1b4501.gif.bb1865f002c35d40dcb3e0936b569dff.gif

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

She got a Top 3 finalist on her first time as a coach. That's something that Shakira, Pharrell, Gwen, Miley, JHud, Ariana and Chance can't presume. 

It took five seasons for Gwen to have a Top 3 finalist, who happened to be a winner, yeah, but before that her contestants couldn't get past 4th place.

Clock that tea! Not to mention with one of the strongest all-rounder contestants we've ever had on the show too

• Like 1

I actually liked Camilla. Fun personality, interesting song choices and arrangements (that didn't always hit, but first time coach..)

Like everyone though, she has her blind spots with certain contestants. Hers specifically seems to be stage presence and personality (Eric who). But at least Eric was entertaining. Better than picking based on genre...

On 4/20/2024 at 12:15 AM, Someone648 said:

i would luv it if she came back 😍

Yeah Camila grew on me with her season. Pleasant personality, not super overbearing, not really any egregious mistakes in her selections. I wouldn't mind her coming back, I'm just saying that her new music... yikes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I actually liked Camilla. Fun personality, interesting song choices and arrangements (that didn't always hit, but first time coach..)

Like everyone though, she has her blind spots with certain contestants. Hers specifically seems to be stage presence and personality (Eric who). But at least Eric was entertaining. Better than picking based on genre...

she had one of the best first seasons imo. she fills the gap kelly left i think; she’s very insightful in her critiques, i agree that her arrangements had a rly high bar, and she’s an upbeat personality which works well w/ the chances and the johns of the panel. i’d love a DS/John/Camila + extra panel tbh. DS is growing on me especially bc Shay is an icon

• Like 2

Just now, Someone648 said:

Yeah Camila grew on me with her season. Pleasant personality, not super overbearing, not really any egregious mistakes in her selections. I wouldn't mind her coming back, I'm just saying that her new music... yikes.

you don’t luv it? 🥺🥺🥺

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Eric's longer-than-justified survival could have a case made. . . .

My ideal coach is someone who makes music I don’t care about because that means them being on the show doesn’t hold up any music I’d be looking forward to. In that sense, I would love to have Camila back!

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Rodney said:

I almost don't recognize her!

Fr! Today's Kellyoke - she sounds great as always on this Olivia Rodrigo song.

Edited by Wim

I just watched The Voice Belgium and wish we could have their rule here. One of the best rule among the franchise in my opinion, the comeback stage coach also picks eliminated contestants in the battles/KOs to form her own team for the live show. They don't have team quotas. Their format is also 10-8-5 in the last 2 years and 10-7-4 this year, which the comeback stage coach eventually won. THAT'S HOW YOU SHOULD HAVE EXECUTED THE COMEBACK STAGE. 5 teams in the lives could be interesting.