The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

15 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Brooke's post is getting a LOT of support from other Voice alumni, especially Season 13 of course (we stan this season for so many resons)

Also, this is Kelsea Johnson from Season 14's take (she goes by Aria Bleu now)

Can't say I disagree with her. She calls out Darcy in a comment below that.

Wow Kelsea go off hun lmao. 

Angel from Montgomery is a frequent cover on TV, generally from the Bonnie Raitt version of this John Prine song.  Bonnie played a solo accoustic version of Angel on the John Prine Tribute that streamed last night and is now on YT - for me, it was a really beautiful take. 

Edit. Took out the link to the Tribute performance because the video was removed. Too bad. I replaced with Bonnie's 2020 performance of Angel on the Grammies.  This is a nice version but I miss the heartbroken version from the Tribute. 

https://youtu.be/jv05dPfmx40

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

Thanks, glad to know of this. Really enjoyed listening to Bonnie sing it. It's sad to be without John, but we will always have his music. What a cool instrument leaning on the chesterfield behind Bonnie 👍👍 

• Like 1

A little surprised Gwen is coming back.  Probably shouldn't be.  Gwen is an icon with a solid fanbase.  It looks like TV is embracing the older demo - that's where The Voice dominates the ratings.  Gwen is fun and funny and that's what gives The Voice the advantage over Idol.   

Happy to here there will be lots of laughs on Season 19!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Welcome!  Tell us more.  Who are some of your favs and why.

In recent memory,  Maelyn obviously. But also Toneisha Harris and Rose Short for their huge ranges. I’m a big fan of females with big voices. Addison Agen also comes to mind because her tone is so beautiful 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, B-B said:

In recent memory,  Maelyn obviously. But also Toneisha Harris and Rose Short for their huge ranges. I’m a big fan of females with big voices. Addison Agen also comes to mind because her tone is so beautiful 

TASTE! Queen Maelyn slays everybody's souls!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, B-B said:

omg I agree with all of these - Addison especially!!!

22 hours ago, B-B said:

Congratulations on having impeccable taste.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Completely random tweet from Noel Casler about the Voice. He worked on Celebrity Apprentice and has broken his NDA to talk about Donald Trump. But this tweet is about the hotel that the Voice contestants used to be put up at and their interactions with David Crosby.

Edited by AngelaKD

• 2 months later...
Just now, thevoicefan12 said:

Then I hope they continue with that for season 19

They had way too many battle montages in Season 15 though.

6 absolutely montaged (5 seconds), 4 battles cut short (it was only like 30 seconds) and 4 knockout performance cut short (in which one resulted in a steal)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, realityshownerd said:

They had way too many battle montages in Season 15 though.

6 absolutely montaged (5 seconds), 4 battles cut short (it was only like 30 seconds) and 4 knockout performance cut short (in which one resulted in a steal)

Was Anthony’s battle shortclipped, if so is he the only steal to be shortclipped?

3 hours ago, antikid said:

I'm sorry but how are all of these recent posts connected to the General discussion of the Voice? Genuinely confused.

True, but it’s way more interesting than ranking KO performances of 3rd place finishers, and similar. 🙃 It’s a slow time of the year. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, antikid said:

Colton Smith, though. I can't remember exactly who else got shortclipped but I definitely remember there being at least two more

13 hours ago, David68 said:

Abby Cates, Delaney Silvernell, Jake Wells are some others.

I don't think their auditions were montaged and also the ones mentioned here are the ones whom battles were shown