The Voice General Discussion Thread đŸ§”

istersay

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

TL:DR

With a 10 finalists to 4 finalists advantage over Kelly's tenure Blake has a much higher ROI.  

If Kelly and Blake had started on The Voice together in season 1 Kelly would probably have twice as many wins as Blake.  Kelly Clarkson is enormously more talented and analytically adept in every aspect of music than Blake. Clarkson would have mined & mentored far more talented contestants than Shelton.  Blake is a great guy but he can't hold a candle to Clarkson in any aspect of vocal performance in any genre.  It's not my intention to denigrate Blake's talents but comparing Blake Shelton's vocal skills to Kelly Clarkson's vocal skills is like comparing an amoeba to a full grown medieval Dragon.  Kelly Clarkson sang Ave Maria to the Pope and the world wept at it's beauty.  Kelly Clarkson sang My Country Tis of Thee at Obama's 2nd inauguration and changed the world. Blake is incapable of competing with Kelly Clarkson in any head to head vocal competition.  Good ole country boys & their families will disagree but 99% of the rest of the world won't even acknowledge Blake Shelton exists. Clarkson is a multi-genre 4 octave genius.  Blake can only admire her from a distance too far to comprehend.  Blake's good fortune is derived exclusively from the lowest end of the economic spectrum of the country music genre where anyone who can carry a tune relates to the poorest among us. He's had other successes but they were anomalies.  BIG ANOMALIES.

Edited by Cranberrys

Kelly seems to be less popular with the contestants but I agree she is a much better coach than Blake. Blake gets a lot of 4 chair turns like Todd and Toneisha. Kelly has won with a very green 14 14 year old that basically only had one turn (Blake turned at the very end just to mess with Kelly) and a one chair turn in Hoot. I think she would have more wins than Blake if she started in season 1 

I mean this is assuming the votes actually count and its not just all predetermined

5 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

If Kelly and Blake had started on The Voice together in season 1 Kelly would probably have twice as many wins as Blake.  Kelly Clarkson is enormously more talented and analytically adept in every aspect of music than Blake. Clarkson would have mined & mentored far more talented contestants than Shelton.  Blake is a great guy but he can't hold a candle to Clarkson in any aspect of vocal performance in any genre.  It's not my intention to denigrate Blake's talents but comparing Blake Shelton's vocal skills to Kelly Clarkson's vocal skills is like comparing an amoeba to a full grown medieval Dragon.  Kelly Clarkson sang Ave Maria to the Pope and the world wept at it's beauty.  Kelly Clarkson sang My Country Tis of Thee at Obama's 2nd inauguration and changed the world. Blake is incapable of competing with Kelly Clarkson in any head to head vocal competition.  Good ole country boys & their families will disagree but 99% of the rest of the world won't even acknowledge Blake Shelton exists. Clarkson is a multi-genre 4 octave genius.  Blake can only admire her from a distance too far to comprehend.  Blake's good fortune is derived exclusively from the lowest end of the economic spectrum of the country music genre where anyone who can carry a tune relates to the poorest among us. He's had other successes but they were anomalies.  BIG ANOMALIES.

I’m not sure whether you’re trying to generate more support for Kelly, but these things tend to have the opposite effect. 

I think she’s a good coach...probably close to Blake in terms of pure coaching. In addition, she’s great at helping her contestants after the show. She just isn’t as popular with viewers of The Voice. She’s a distant 2nd in that regard. When she gets a potential winner on her team, she knows how to go for the jugular, but Blake can get almost any contestant he wants to the finale. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Blake’s fanbase knows how to play the game, and many give the max votes to all of of his contestants. So, not only do they get his TCO to the finale nearly every time, they usually take a 2nd contestant along for the ride.  The show is a like a sport for them. However, that fanbase obviously isn’t enough to give him the win every season. Contestants need to appeal to viewers of different ages and genre preferences. Huge local support is critical too, which is what we saw with Todd, but he might have still won without a single vote from Mississippi. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Blake’s fanbase knows how to play the game, and many give the max votes to all of of his contestants. So, not only do they get his TCO to the finale nearly every time, they usually take a 2nd contestant along for the ride.  The show is a like a sport for them. However, that fanbase obviously isn’t enough to give him the win every season. Contestants need to appeal to viewers of different ages and genre preferences. Huge local support is critical too, which is what we saw with Todd, but he might have still won without a single vote from Mississippi. 

I'll stipulate the main portion of your post and agree Blake's longevity at The Voice give him some advantages.  I won't agree he has carte blanche with the fans - because he doesn't.

eta - This forum only has, at most, a few dozen regular posters so anything I post here has limited effect.  I enjoy the "small extent" of the banter here.  It's one of the few places on the net where there is consistent reaction from a very small universe of dedicated consistent posters on this subject.  I enjoy it here.  My daily life is very different than this forum and that dichotomy gives me a strange freedom I rarely experience.

Edited by Cranberrys

19 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

I'll stipulate the main portion of your post and agree Blake's longevity at The Voice give him some advantages.  I won't agree he has carte blanche with the fans - because he doesn't.

Now, you’re putting words in my mouth. I did not say he has “carte blanch.” He has the largest fanbase, but that only takes him so far. In fact, I think many of them voted for Kelly’s finalist in season 15 and 17, but he still ended up with the runner-up both seasons, and neither of those contestants were expected to do that well. The best strategy for opposing coaches is to bleed votes away from Blake’s team, by appealing to his fans (Team Minivan). 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from the season 18 finalists... 2 each.

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from Erin Martin... 3. 

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from Nic Hawk... 4.

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from Ryan Sill... 8.

đŸ€”

Edited by Vinyl
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Vinyl said:

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from the season 18 finalists... 2 each.

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from Erin Martin... 3. 

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from Nic Hawk... 4.

Number of The Voice songs you can buy from Ryan Sill... 8.

đŸ€”

This season was a tragedy wrapped in a tragedy.   To amplify your point..... 2 is also the number of Rebekah Samarin songs you can buy. 

• Haha 3

On 5/24/2020 at 5:34 AM, Cranberrys said:

I love Kelly, and she's my favorite coach and I agree that she could outsing Blake Shelton, but that doesn't mean that she'd produce more winners... anyways, you seem very obstinate and clearly don't want to take any answers that disagree with yours, so I won't argue with you anymore. have fun 🙂

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

This season was a tragedy wrapped in a tragedy.   To amplify your point..... 2 is also the number of Rebekah Samarin songs you can buy. 

They probably would've made Rebekah Samarin sing live this past season just hoping her internet cuts out.

• Like 1

Hi!

I am so bored in this quarantine 😖 and was looking for old threads (from season 13 onwards) but I dont find it here, is there some type of archive with the old threads or them got deleted?

Thank you!

40 minutes ago, Feder said:

Hi!

I am so bored in this quarantine 😖 and was looking for old threads (from season 13 onwards) but I dont find it here, is there some type of archive with the old threads or them got deleted?

Thank you!

Hey,, unfortunately the forums crashed back in November and pretty much 99.99% of the old posts over the last 2 decades are now lost. I believe only the front pages of the important/popular threads were recoverable?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Vinyl said:

They probably would've made Rebekah Samarin sing live this past season just hoping her internet cuts out.

LOL! She may have snatched the plug from the wall herself.  Her YT channel has deleted all content and there's not even a snippet of singing on her SM.  She goes by Bekah Novi now.  She's landed a job with Disney Music Publishing as a writer and also Hosts/Coordinates song writing events for Disney.  I used to follow her singing career until she pull the plug.  She was studying music business management at Berklee while she was on S7....so I guess her true passion wasn't singing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

LOL! She may have snatched the plug from the wall herself.  Her YT channel has deleted all content and there's not even a snippet of singing on her SM.  She goes by Bekah Novi now.  She's landed a job with Disney Music Publishing as a writer and also Hosts/Coordinates song writing events for Disney.  I used to follow her singing career until she pull the plug.  She was studying music business management at Berklee while she was on S7....so I guess her true passion wasn't singing.

That's actually really good for her. Obviously a significant chunk of the contestants that end up on the show aren't gonna end up going anywhere significant in the industry that they hope doing, so even though she's not working towards a singing career, it's nice to see that she was able to find a spot in the industry for her! I imagine her time on The Voice was at least a good spot on her resume.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That's actually really good for her. Obviously a significant chunk of the contestants that end up on the show aren't gonna end up going anywhere significant in the industry that they hope doing, so even though she's not working towards a singing career, it's nice to see that she was able to find a spot in the industry for her! I imagine her time on The Voice was at least a good spot on her resume.

Not her, for obvious reasons, but the show has hired some alums to work BTS. For example, Luke Wade is pretty much Michelle McNulty’s deputy at Casting.

ETA: If she’s at Disney, the odds are greater that Rebekah would end up working with Idol contestants than with fellow Voice alums.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Yep, it's nice she found a spot in the industry she is happy with. I'd be surprised if anything about the Voice in on her resume though.  She was extremely disappointed at the way they treated her..."I am baffled by The Voice’s blatant disregard and disrespect of my time and efforts".  Just sayin....That time you experienced "disregard and disrespect" is not likely to go on your resume.  

She posts about recording....but I assume she means cutting demos from song writing sessions for artists to review.  

Disney is happy enough with her to give her a profile page.  BTW: from what I can tell she's a rich girl.  Seems her family is loaded so she has more options than most.  

https://disneymusicpublishing.com/artists/bekahnovi/

On 5/25/2020 at 8:57 PM, Spurrious said:

Rebekah’s cover of “Case of You” is one of my all time Voice studio favorites.

• Like 1

Noticed that Blake hasn't said anything in regards to BLM. Gwen, and all of the other coaches have. The only thing he did is just posted a tweet and an IG story. Granted, he doesn't really post anything on social media that much.

Edited by Gmm99

1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

Noticed that Blake hasn't said anything in regards to BLM. Gwen, and all of the other coaches have. The only thing he did is just posted a tweet and an IG story. Granted, he doesn't really post anything on social media that much.

His views are very conservative. I wouldn't expect much from him.

57 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

His views are very conservative. I wouldn't expect much from him.

I don't know enough about his own personal views to call him "very conservative," but I'd have to assume that his fanbase is so he's doing his best to keep things as non-controversial as possible and not alienate his fanbase.

• Like 2

I’m glad this is being brought up because this concerns me too. It hurts seeing people you support not even have the dignity to stand up for human rights that effects many of their fans. It makes me scared to even get invested in another snowflake in fear of being let down this much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

I don't know enough about his own personal views to call him "very conservative," but I'd have to assume that his fanbase is so he's doing his best to keep things as non-controversial as possible and not alienate his fanbase.

That's what I was thinking. But he barely posts except when he promotes a show or something...

Edited by Gmm99

1 hour ago, Agenator333 said:

I’m glad this is being brought up because this concerns me too. It hurts seeing people you support not even have the dignity to stand up for human rights that effects many of their fans. It makes me scared to even get invested in another snowflake in fear of being let down this much.

Some of the contestants I was surprised that they didn't post anything.

Two of the S15 finalists (Both voices I grew to appreciate a lot more after their season) did not post anything in regards to the whole situation. And surprisingly, they haven't gotten that much backlash from any social media site. At all.

Edited by Gmm99

6 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

His tweet on social media was about it though. Permanent change is pretty far for a country artist. Are you just upset he didn’t use a hashtag? Or post a black square?

He posts basically nothing personal, the show stuff is handled by pr. Suddenly expecting him to start posting a lot on social media seems odd. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4