The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I definitely agree. I can’t believe a lot of people were disappointed by it on here. 

I wanted to show more of her rasp, and overall the song choice didnt do it for me, even though I love Stevie.

I expect her to impress me in the following rounds though.

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Also, Janora's audition is underrated asf. She was really good as well. 

Her runs are really good. It's definitely a great audition, but it has the same issue as Katherine's, which is that someone else already did it better (imo).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, British Man said:

I'm gonna swoop in for the kill on unpopular opinions

I like The Cunningham Sisters more than Girl Named Tom

I think Girl Named Tom are better singers, but I have not warmed up to them at all yet.

The Cunningham Sisters  had my favorite duo/group audition this season so far. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rodney said:

That's definitely it.🙄

Probably, i remember back in S19, not being a fan of Madeline's audition but loving her knockout, so...

But still, Madeline's audition > Katie's audition IMO

Edited by Gustavo527

27 minutes ago, British Man said:

Okay, I have a feeling this one is definitely unpopular

Beth Griffith Manley's Audition > Maelyn Jarmon's Audition

I think preffering any s16 audition over Maelyn's would be an unpopular opinion on here.

• Haha 1

Katherine Ann's audition did nothing for me. The song/arrangement didn't allow her to go anywhere, and I don't think her tone here was enough to save her. I liked her tone very much in her pre-show covers (especially "Islands") but for some reason in her blind, she just sounded very generic to me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

I love Kelly Clarkson.

but on the show, she’s super annoying - and, IMO, costing viewers. 

Kelly is my all-time favorite singer but I somewhat agree. I don't think she's super annoying but sometimes she becomes. At the start her banter with Blake was funny but now it's too much that I can't take it anymore.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan

39 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Kelly is my all-time favorite singer but I somewhat agree. I don't think she's super annoying but sometimes she becomes. At the start her banter with Blake was funny but now it's too much that I can't take it anymore.

After what happened with Lana’s audition, I get it. That instance was definitely too much. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Someone  thinks it’s a winner because they are choosing to leave it in. If they didn’t want to push the “Kelly talks ALL the time” narrative, the show would be edited much differently.

I do love Kelly's enthusiasm. Contestants need that sort of hype man, and she gives it up for everyone, including people that are not on her team.

But yeah, the banter with Blake is getting old. It used to pretty much be clever exchanges at first, but now its just constant bickering. As everyone has pointed out, just look at Lana's audition.

Minivan is clearly getting tired of it, too. The whole comment section on FB of Lana's audition video consists of them criticizing the coaches banter. 

Either way, that's not gonna stop me from continuing to watch the show, but I'd like it if Kelly and Blake go back to their old dynamic.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 5

I'm so used to the overwhelming noise that Kelly makes that when she leaves The Voice (if she does eventually), the show would become so awkwardly quiet for me :haha: I agree that she needs to tone it down a notch though.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

I feel like they put so much emphasis on their banter to balance how little John and Ariana bring to the table in terms of entertainment value. I mean John was snarkier last season cause he had the upper hand over Jonas but he's bland as hell this season. I also feel like Ariana's still figuring out how to navigate this panel.

• Like 2

3 of my unpopular opinions:

- Stay is my least favorite performance by Maelyn (she’s a queen regardless)

- God’s Country is my second least favorite performance by Rose (it’s still her song now though)

- i have found the auditions to be below average overall this season. however, i still think the season has potential to be great.

• Like 1