The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

43 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I don't think their auditions were montaged and also the ones mentioned here are the ones whom battles were shown

I was talking about short clips, not montages. And we didn't even mention battles but were rather discussing S15 Blind Auditions lol 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, antikid said:

I was talking about short clips, not montages. And we didn't even mention battles but were rather discussing S15 Blind Auditions lol 

I know you were talking about blinds, I just said those contestants were the ones whom blinds as well as battles were shown(and also there were no short clips these were full auditions)

47 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I know you were talking about blinds, I just said those contestants were the ones whom blinds as well as battles were shown(and also there were no short clips these were full auditions)

Colton sang for 29 seconds lmao, go check if you don't believe me. And if you don't think 29 seconds is a short clip I don't know what else to tell you

Michael Williams' blind audition was really short, but I think they framed it as a full audition. He started at the chorus of the song IIRC and did seem to have some pitch issues, so I'm wondering if maybe they cut off the beginning because it was really bad? Just a theory, what do you all think?

8 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Michael Williams' blind audition was really short, but I think they framed it as a full audition. He started at the chorus of the song IIRC and did seem to have some pitch issues, so I'm wondering if maybe they cut off the beginning because it was really bad? Just a theory, what do you all think?

Yup. I saw Anaya’s KO performance and she messed up a lot and it was pitchy so I think the producers actually did her a favor rather than Anaya getting negative comments on her performance 

3 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

Yup. I saw Anaya’s KO performance and she messed up a lot and it was pitchy so I think the producers actually did her a favor rather than Anaya getting negative comments on her performance 

oh wow really? i didn't see that coming because of how polished she was in battles, despite the bad arragnemnt, and in BA. Her "fake ko" performance on yt was also good, but that was likely after editing and taking the best choice

i guess that makes sense then, kinda sad. was mandi's performane also "bad?" i remember thinking from the clip we saw that it was really good

7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

oh wow really? i didn't see that coming because of how polished she was in battles, despite the bad arragnemnt, and in BA. Her "fake ko" performance on yt was also good, but that was likely after editing and taking the best choice

i guess that makes sense then, kinda sad. was mandi's performane also "bad?" i remember thinking from the clip we saw that it was really good

Nope Mandi’s KO was probably one of the best KO’s I’ve ever heard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

Nope Mandi’s KO was probably one of the best KO’s I’ve ever heard. 

Her 10 seconds sounded better than like 90% of the other KO's from last season for sure.

(that's not even an insult - it was just legitimately good lol)

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Her 10 seconds sounded better than like 90% of the other KO's from last season for sure.

(that's not even an insult - it was just legitimately good lol)

I literally looped it on Listenonrepeat so much because I was so annoyed that I didn't get to see the whole thing!

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

wait yall thought Mandi Thomas's KO was actually good? lmao, that was a mess. If Kelly picked based on potential like she did with Micah vs Tayler(still robbed btw) she should have gone with Anaya.

If you think Mandi did bad, you should have seen Anaya’s performance. I loved her audition and battle, but her knockout was a real letdown and overall a pitchy performance. Mandi actually did really well, she was powerful and she sang with such passion and ache...I personally loved it but I respect your opinionz

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, antikid said:

I'm sorry but how are all of these recent posts connected to the General discussion of the Voice? Genuinely confused.

Well, since the post is related to a potential project for one of the coaches, I have no problem with the comment shared on GD. If the project goes through, we might see Kelly on TV and other media more often, promoting tourism and one travel-related industry.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

Looks like Samantha Howell has changed her name to Loring Starr. I checked Twitter and Facebook too. I didn’t see any explanation. We’ve seen this before. Chloe is now Chloe MK, Maelyn dropped her last name, but this is taking it a step further. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Confused 1

I was checking through the Wikipedia for S15 (because I read on the S13 one that Adam got no contestants in the finale after Addison, so I was checking) and I noticed that Dave Fenley "performed the song 'Make America Great Again' at the Republican National Convention in 2016." I didn't know they had performances at the RNC/DNC, so that's interesting.

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Another note: we constantly talk about how John never likes when someone does his song, but he seemed very happy with Ricky Braddy's cover of "So High."

Yep you're 110% right about that, John was really enjoying that performance and why not it was so good 

12 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I was checking through the Wikipedia for S15 (because I read on the S13 one that Adam got no contestants in the finale after Addison, so I was checking) and I noticed that Dave Fenley "performed the song 'Make America Great Again' at the Republican National Convention in 2016." I didn't know they had performances at the RNC/DNC, so that's interesting.

Eww. I hope his opinion has changed since then

12 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Another note: we constantly talk about how John never likes when someone does his song, but he seemed very happy with Ricky Braddy's cover of "So High."

Pretty sure he was mostly happy they gave attention to one of his songs besides All of Me or Ordinary People (or Preach, but I don't think it had mainstream success, right?) for once lol.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Pretty sure he was mostly happy they gave attention to one of his songs besides All of Me or Ordinary People (or Preach, but I don't think it had mainstream success, right?) for once lol.

Preach got a decent amount of airtime near me in the first few months after it’s release but then again I live within half an hour of John’s hometown, so I’d imagine that skews things a bit. 

16 hours ago, Someone648 said:

He also did seem happy during Matthew Johnson's cover of "Ordinary People."

49 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Maybe he's less harsh with covers when they aren't necessarily vying for a spot on his team? .

I´m pretty sure it´s this. I´m not sure he would have turned around for neither of them had they done those songs in the blinds, i mean, he didn´t turn for Rose´s great rendition and let go of Tstorm who was his frontrunner. Those are signs that he´s clearly not a fan of people doing his song and then want him to coach them.

Kristin Husøy from the Voice Norway reminds me of Joanna Serenko a little bit, but I haven't heard enough to come to a conclusion on how similar they actually are. I listened to her cover of "Killing me Softly With His Song."

Edited by ashwinner
the formatting was ugly