The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

The one season I stopped watching even before the knockouts :haha:

If only Lauren Duski was on that season, maybe people would have not raged as much if she won instead of Sundance.

I was just thinking the other day, if it was Billy Vs Lauren and Chris Blue Vs Sundance. I would think Lauren wins and people don't rage as much and Chris still pulls off the upset with the dramatic pimpage against Sundance.

So tragic that Craig and Sundance won but Lauren got 2nd with her numbers like wtf! Could have easily won those seasons and have gotten rid of those garbage piles.

Edited by QueenMae16

I really enjoyed how they did the blinds this year. They changed things up and no montages! Then in the next round there were montages galore and that killed the mood.

I like everyone, even if I can't remember half of them without looking them up. We expecting Blake to win with his one country artist?

I really enjoyed how they did the blinds this year. They changed things up and no montages! Then in the next round there were montages galore and that killed the mood.

I like everyone, even if I can't remember half of them without looking them up. We expecting Blake to win with his one country artist?

Maybe, this season is unpredictable and the best live singer for all we know could be Damali.

But based on Blake's record, Gracee has a finale spot right now until heard in the lives.

Maybe, this season is unpredictable and the best live singer for all we know could be Damali.

But based on Blake's record, Gracee has a finale spot right now until heard in the lives.

idk what to think. I just checked MJsBB and the poll shows that the overall top vote getters were Cali and Alex! If it's representative of the casual votes, we might be in for a few surprises on TB and TJ. :unsure:

I mean there were only like 3 montages in the battle and one in the knockouts (not that I support that I’d much rather there be “short clips” like in the auditions this season) but I wouldn’t call it “montages galore”

Also surprisingly the only country singer on team Blake is a girl he stole from kelly (she’s good but she’s very twangy..so idk how that’ll go over with the voice crowd)

He threw his last country male to the side in favor of Ricky B(a pleasantly surprising decision )

was about to post these suggestions the other day before the apocalypse :'( i’ll post them here tho

kyndal inskeep - somebody’s daughter by tennile townes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0RQweAHzTS/?ig...d=11pnrs60nmske

YES to this choice! She hasn't performed with her guitar yet, so I hope she gets to do that just to show the public another facet. Country is not really my thing, but I can see the appeal and I think any artist who has at least some country chops should take advantage of that at least to some extent given the voting demographics of the show. Besides, a good song is a good song, and this one is perfect for Kyndal. So much genuine ache in her voice per the Insta clip. Sounds much better than the original too imo, which is always a plus. Kyndal is quite the diverse artist so she could easily go one week Country-Pop/Country-Folk/Americana, and then the next week Alternative-Indie-Pop/Pop-Rock/Pop/Folk-Pop/Jazz-Pop etc., and alternate that way each round. If she sings country next week (e.g. Top 20 - "Somebody's Daughter"), and makes it past each round by switching back and forth genre-wise, that would put her back in country territory for Top 8 week, and maybe help her survive the bloodbath?

I suggested "Stars" (Grace Potter & the Nocturnals) for Kat in her fan thread, and this potentially also could be a great song choice for Kyndal. "Stars" and "The Joke" (Brandi Carlile) -- actually I wouldn't mind seeing ANYONE worthy of making this season's Top 8 perform the heck out of these two songs.

Oh, and this one too ...

mhmGwTDpPf0

Edited by dirActing

was about to post these suggestions the other day before the apocalypse :'( i’ll post them here tho

ricky braddy - the village by wrabel (@ the facebook homophobes) or always remember us this way by lady gaga

i wish dane & stephanie would've sung this if they went farther on the show :( dane covered it on his yt channel

Edited by TeamB

Sorry about the board. Maybe a good time for me to exit.

Anyway, Merry Christmas in advance. :santasmile: Here's John and Kelly doing John's rewrite of Baby It's Cold Outside. ("I've gotta go away/I can call you a ride"). (apologies if previously posted, but then who could check? :) )

I776VyXJab4

NBC story - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lyrics...d-john-n1073591

Blake

JHud/Miley (Miley keeps interrupting Blake while JHud throws shoes)

Alicia

Usher/John L (Usher leans forward intently while John L does his dream dances)

No, I’m serious

LOL John annoys me as a coach, but he's kinda adorable to watch when he really gets into his contestants performances.

Does anyone have a coach dream panel?

I know it shouldn't matter that much, but certain coaches can be more fun and serious for their artists than others.

P!nk, Jillian Banks, Jason Isbell, Floor Jansen

Edited by ATX29

Gwen, John, Blake, and Carson are all taping an episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show next Monday. No idea when it will air, there's no pattern to between the taping dates air dates for Kelly's show. Kelly's head stage manager is also the head stage manager for The Voice so this should be an action packed day for a few people that work on both shows, haha. The tickets for that taping are already sold out on 1iota. Both John and Blake have already appeared on Kelly's show this season.