The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

Even if Kat somehow pulls the upset and makes it to the finale, she’s 19. Barely a teenager. Marybeth is 18. The only hope for TPTB to get a non-adult teen in is HS. Should we expect a heavy dose of pimping?

Would Ricky, Rose, Katie, Jake be the first time all finalists are 30+?

19 is still technically a teenager and Kat does have the best shot of making the finale out of those 3.

Even if Kat somehow pulls the upset and makes it to the finale, she’s 19. Barely a teenager. Marybeth is 18. The only hope for TPTB to get a non-adult teen in is HS. Should we expect a heavy dose of pimping?

Would Ricky, Rose, Katie, Jake be the first time all finalists are 30+?

Yeah, it would be a first for all finalists to be 30 and older. There's at least one 20-something in S1, S3, S3, S7, S10 and S16.

And I fully expect Hello Sunday to close the show on Monday, with probably a gospel song and a choir. It fits the narrative of a teenage finalist AND the first instant save to T13 to make it all the way to the finals.

Edited by season1

Yeah, it would be a first for all finalists to be 30 and older. There's at least one 20-something in S1, S3, S3, S7, S10 and S16.

And I fully expect Hello Sunday to close the show on Monday, with probably a gospel song and a choir. It fits the narrative of a teenage finalist AND the first instant save to T13 to make it all the way to the finals.

There is a precedent for that, whether it’s T12 or T13. Emily Ann Roberts (S9) and Spensha Baker (S14) were playoff coach saves who made it to the finale, both with PV. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they were both on Team Blake. I don’t remember whether there were others.

I have a hard time believing HS are in a position to get PV, no matter how much they’re pimped.

Edited by TeamAudra

So this is why The Voice is basically a Roman circus :D

IDF when snowflake is TCO:

IPB Image

IDF when a random contestant flops:

IPB Image

IDF when a rival snowflake slayed:

IPB Image

IDF when someone praises a rival snowflake :

IPB Image

IDF when snowflake gets bussed:

IPB Image

Reality TV shows are brutal. :haha:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

LMAO, perfect! <3

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sadly, most idf wouldn’t praise a contestant that’s rival to their snowflake, regardless of how good they are. And tbh your gifs seem to be evidence of why idf is brutal, rather than why the voice is brutal, so thanks for proving my point in the spoiler thread . :ph34rwave:

Sadly, most idf wouldn’t praise a contestant that’s rival to their snowflake, regardless of how good they are. And tbh your gifs seem to be evidence of why idf is brutal, rather than why the voice is brutal, so thanks for proving my point in the spoiler thread . :ph34rwave:

No doubt. I see your posts and I'm pretty sure you can sustain an argument for every possible scenario on The Voice (regardless of how ridiculous they sound).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

lmaoooo My fav: IDF when a rival snowflake slayed :lmao:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lol...pretty much sums it up doesn't it? Man, we are a predictable bunch! :haha:

Have you ever noticed that some people will try to convince everyone that their snowflake has a great song, when it’s obvious to everyone else that the song choice sucks?

It happens the other way too. Rival snowflake gets a good song, right in their wheelhouse, and half of IDF trips over themselves trying to shoot it down. They do it again after rival snowflake performs the song well on the show, often inventing things to critique, while ignoring the flaws in their own snowflake’s performance.

I wonder what those gifs would look like? :haha:

Edited by TeamAudra

Have you ever noticed that some people will try to convince everyone that their snowflake has a great song, when it’s obvious to everyone else that the song choice sucks?

It happens the other way too. Rival snowflake gets a good song, right in their wheelhouse, and half of IDF trips over themselves trying to shoot it down. They do it again after rival snowflake performs the song well on the show, often inventing things to critique, while ignoring the flaws in their own snowflake’s performance.

Jake Hoot or other designated yeehaw gets another song I've never heard of for the second or third week in a row:

IPB Image

Couldn't find a proper Commodus gif, but this one may do the job (except for male country singers for the reasons mentioned above :haha:)

IPB Image

Edited by echoap

Trying to figure out which "Grand ballad" Katie might get.

TPTB's into recycling songs, so I don't expect a song never done on the show, but go ahead, surprise me!

Now for the recyclables:

First, let's get Hallelujah out of the way. It's the song I can more easily see going to Rose, but who knows.

"Skyfall" would've been a good one, but it's been done in the finals not too long ago, so it's safe to discard that one.

One option for Katie would be: "Summertime"

Any other idea?

Trying to figure out which "Grand ballad" Katie might get.

TPTB's into recycling songs, so I don't expect a song never done on the show, but go ahead, surprise me!

Now for the recyclables:

First, let's get Hallelujah out of the way. It's the song I can more easily see going to Rose, but who knows.

"Skyfall" would've been a good one, but it's been done in the finals not too long ago, so it's safe to discard that one.

One option for Katie would be: "Summertime"

Any other idea?

I hope she sings this. This was her messing around without even knowing all the words using her iPad. Imagine this cleaned up!! I can dream! :wub: <3 :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqvhGxunugw/?ut...g_web_copy_link

I hope she sings this. This was her messing around without even knowing all the words using her iPad. Imagine this cleaned up!! I can dream! :wub: <3 :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqvhGxunugw/?ut...g_web_copy_link

Now see, that's a side of Katie I can get into. Stripped down, without all the overblown theatrics. She sounds really nice here.

That song was just done last season by Maelyn and Savannah in battles tho so Idk.

Now see, that's a side of Katie I can get into. Stripped down, without all the overblown theatrics. She sounds really nice here.

That song was just done last season by Maelyn and Savannah in battles tho so Idk.

Yes i saw their video last night and then stumbled upon this gem of a quickie, and i cant stop looping it. Do they ever repeat on season after the next? It was Battles so not late in the game? Maybe bc it was the winner they wont use it again. But man, a pureness with the vulnerability of this song send chills. if she did a real cover of this the game would be over. I don’t say that lightly bc i am nervous of HOOTs streams. But this would take away my nerves!

All the people who rudely call her a screamer (which to me she is not as I never was into beloved so called screamers in the past shows Brooke, Mckenzie Rose etc.). To me she just knows emphasis and how to excitingly shake things up.

You're probably right, it's too soon for that song to be done this season, but there has to be other instances when they did it anyway. In the end, they'll do whatever they want. :lol:

For all the talk about the 100k prize, does it come with some fine print? Is it tied to a recording contract for instance as was the case for some other singing show competitions?

Also, they really should break the piggy bank and give prize money to all the finalists. They're so cheap when it comes to the contestants... :angry:

For all the talk about the 100k prize, does it come with some fine print? Is it tied to a recording contract for instance as was the case for some other singing show competitions?

Also, they really should break the piggy bank and give prize money to all the finalists. They're so cheap when it comes to the contestants... :angry:

No, they get the $100K regardless.