The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

• 2 weeks later...

These recent deaths of music legends got me thinking of a question: did a Voice contestant ever sang a song during the live rounds from a recently-deceased music legend? I'm talking like 1-2 months recent. If this happened before, how did the audience react? 

2 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

These recent deaths of music legends got me thinking of a question: did a Voice contestant ever sang a song during the live rounds from a recently-deceased music legend? I'm talking like 1-2 months recent. If this happened before, how did the audience react? 

Ali Caldwell sang Did I Ever Love You a week after Leonard Cohen died (top 12 week). I believe it was already planned and it was just awkward timing?

I think it was well received but that was a while ago so I'm not entirely sure. She got voted through without an issue so it couldn't have been too bad lol.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Question:  Since it appears we will not get any real live rounds (Songs from home)....will TPTB be autotuning everything we hear this season?

Only the ones they want to win/be in the finale.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Question:  Since it appears we will not get any real live rounds (Songs from home)....will TPTB be autotuning everything we hear this season?

Probably. 

If what Joanna said is accurate, they’re probably just sending some higher end cameras to the contestants, so they’ll record their performances and upload to NBC. Who’s to say the contestants won’t just keep recording over and over, until they get it just right?  Who would stop them, or even know?  It would basically be like the autotuned Instagram videos that people use to pick snowflakes before a season starts. 

Live is the only way to make it fair, but then potential technical difficulties come into play. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Probably. 

If what Joanna said is accurate, they’re probably just sending some higher end cameras to the contestants, so they’ll record their performances and upload to NBC. Who’s to say the contestants won’t just keep recording over and over, until they get it just right?  Who would stop them, or even know?  It would basically be like the autotuned Instagram videos that people use to pick snowflakes before a season starts. 

Live is the only way to make it fair, but then potential technical difficulties come into play. 

That was my exact thought.  Who ever wins should get an asterisk next to their name.....because we may never know if they can actually sing live on national TV. 

Frankly, TPTB having unfettered control over the performances sucks. Of course, I don't trust them to play fair.  

Also, concerned all contestants will be in different physical environments.  Surely some will be better acoustically than others.....even with auto tools you can only fix so much. 

3 hours ago, Archanium said:

I hate the video format of the KO this season, I prefer them to upload the videos individually for each contestant. 

It's the opposite for me because I always want to hear what the coaches will say on the performances.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:59 PM, Dalton Eduardo said:

Yes, I'm a fellow kababayan. I'm also tired of Sarah winning actually. She already won 4 times out of 7 seasons (combined Adults, Teens and Kids). More deserving winners were on another's team especially last season. 

Wow mga pinoy pala. HAHA. Who else?

1 minute ago, JOMZ said:

It's the opposite for me because I always want to hear what the coaches will say on the performances.

In the previous season, they uploaded the full video (+ the coaches comments) on IG and Twitter, but on Youtube they only uploaded the individual performances, except for the leaks. 

20 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

I also saw this article and when you go to the source that what Blake said.

I think they have a plan and they’re gonna tell me when to be at the computer," he says. "And I’ll listen to (contestants) I guess, perform, and give ‘em some pointers. I don’t know.”

So he doesn't know much just they going to tell him when it the time to sit at computer that all he knows :giggle:

1 hour ago, Dany said:

I also saw this article and when you go to the source that what Blake said.

So he doesn't know much just they going to tell him when it the time to sit at computer that all he knows :giggle:

Virtual coaching? Zoom coaching? Will he be wearing pants? 🤣

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Ako. Nakakainis nga diba pre-taped naman na The Voice Teens natin dito eh di naman na nasa air.

Kaya nga nakakabitin. Kawawa yung mga nauna baka nakalimutan na ng mga tao. Which is why I am into The Voice US now. Been watching since season 4.

20 hours ago, JOMZ said:

Wow mga pinoy pala. HAHA. Who else?

19 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Ako. Nakakainis nga diba pre-taped naman na The Voice Teens natin dito eh di naman na nasa air.

:teeheewave: remember though that posts should be in English

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember a thread about how coaches would do on the show? I believe that was before John and Nick joined. Didn't feel it was necessary to start one again but I'm just wondering what you guys think about these two because both soulful and pop (especially those that heavily rely on falsetto) men don't do too great on the show

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic