The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

To some people yeah. Some people prefer male voices some people prefer female voices and some have no preference or like them both.

Having a personal preference in the music you like is not the same as caring whether the winner of a tv show fits that preference.

I doubt most people who prefer male voices would be offended if a female won a competition.

Having a personal preference in the music you like is not the same as caring whether the winner of a tv show fits that preference.

I doubt most people who prefer male voices would be offended if a female won a competition.

No one is offended by the winner we just think hes so bland and very uninspiring.

I prefer female voices, but I’ve had a lot of male favorites too (Chris Weaver, Chris Blue, Red Marlow, Chris Kroeze, Will Breman), but I’m not offended Jake won. He was likely gonna win anyway. But I am offended about the several tptb manipulations that made sure they got the finale they wanted (bussing Will with LOTH even though it was good), Giving Myracle a Whitney Houston song which was intended to bus her but she slayed it , and then giving her a song slayed by one of America’s voice all-time sweethearts, etc. Also I’m not a Shane fan (I mean he has a good voice but his style isn’t my taste), but what they did to him is beyond cruel.

A comment on youtube (didn't fact check but sounds right) noted that this was the first season where Blake didn't turn for the winner (Chris Blue as well but he was the final audition and everyone but Alicia's team was full).

This is accurate I am fairly sure. Forget if he turned for Jermaine but I’m fairly sure he did.

This is accurate I am fairly sure. Forget if he turned for Jermaine but I’m fairly sure he did.

He had to have turned for Jermaine. He won on Team Blake and S2 was pre-steals.

No one is offended by the winner we just think hes so bland and very uninspiring.

Because he’s male or because he’s just bland and uninspiring due to his style or other aspects?

I think Jake is the definition of a generic singer, but his being male is at the bottom of my list.

^ be careful what you wish for. The firewall has been breached. We’re gonna have 5 male winners in a row. :icecream:

Next season's males are gonna be all fodder to compensate, unfortunately, and the lives will be 70% young blondes. IDF's server will crash. Multiple times. :flowers:

Looking back at the latest seasons: Blake's winning streak might not come back ever as long as Kelly's in. Blake's army defects to Kelly's country contestants, while Kelly's army stays faithful to her no matter what. His only chance would be to take to the finals only one country contestant who looks the part, with Kelly's finalist in a different genre. (Brynn doesn't count, Legendary season and all.)

And even then....

Somewhere Adam is smiling. :teehee:

Looking back at the latest seasons: Blake's winning streak might not come back ever as long as Kelly's in. Blake's army defects to Kelly's country contestants, while Kelly's army stays faithful to her no matter what. His only chance would be to take to the finals only one country contestant who looks the part, with Kelly's finalist in a different genre. (Brynn doesn't count, Legendary season and all.)

And even then....

Somewhere Adam is smiling. :teehee:

I'm pretty sure all next season's jokes are gonna be about "The Kelly Clarkson Show" and her 75% win rate :haha:

This is what we deserve.

I hope not. The lives should be a diverse cast with one of every popular genre of contestants (rock, pop, country, Christian, R&B, and even hip hop) with the remaining 6 or seven being each of the some of less popular genres (reggae, Latin, indie/singer-songwriter, Jazz/crooner, etc.) with a diverse set of ethnicities and a semi-balanced gender ratio.

That too lol. Where does that leave Nick as a new judge, supposed to win his season? :unsure:

Blake is probably gonna win next season tbh. Nick looks kinda bland to me. We'll see.

Next season we'll probably witness the return of the teens, and I mean actual dangerous teens. Maybe that's what all those blonde girls are for. :roll: :devil:

Next season's males are gonna be all fodder to compensate, unfortunately, and the lives will be 70% young blondes. IDF's server will crash. Multiple times. :flowers:

Edited by echoap

I hope not. The lives should be a diverse cast with one of every popular genre of contestants (rock, pop, country, Christian, R&B, and even hip hop) with the remaining 6 or seven being each of the some of less popular genres (reggae, Latin, indie/singer-songwriter, Jazz/crooner, etc.) with a diverse set of ethnicities and a semi-balanced gender ratio.

We can toss in some brunettes for diversity I suppose.

Blake is probably gonna win next season tbh. Nick looks kinda bland to me. We'll see.

Next season we'll probably witness the return of the teens, and I mean actual dangerous teens. Maybe that's what all those blonde girls are for. :roll: :devil:

Over Kelly's dead body! Seriously though, Kelly is super competitive, but if Blake's lucky, maybe she'll feel charitable and allow that for just this one time lol.