The Voice General Discussion Thread šŸ§µ

istersay

16 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Anyone concerned the shows production could be suspended or canceled because of the Wuhun Virus? I know we have a while before they will be back in the studios but.....

Iā€™m not optimistic about it at the moment, but if things improve quickly, thereā€™s a chance the live shows will proceed. Thatā€™s a big ā€œif.ā€ Either way, a studio audience seems extremely unlikely.Ā 

Edited by TeamAudra

This one finished 5th....she stared on BroadwayĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

For the past 4+ years she has had this little gig on the world tour with the Rolling Stones where she gets brought out to feature on Gimme Shelter.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Season 4 is still the best season for me. I love so many artists in the Top 16.

Ā 

EDIT:

And Holly Tucker is so underrated. I am in the minority here for saying she deserved to be voted through over Team Adam's power singers.Ā 

Edited by season1

40 minutes ago, season1 said:

Ā 

EDIT:

And Holly Tucker is so underrated. I am in the minority here for saying she deserved to be voted through over Team Adam's power singers.Ā 

Season 13 is the best season for me. All artists in the Top 12 were very talented but I agree about Holly Tucker who should have goneĀ far in Season 4. Can't get enough of her rendition of "Make You Feel My Love". Her rendition gave me goosebumps.

Danielle Bradbery is one of my favorite female artists to ever win the show. Her performance, "A Little Bit Stronger" was my favorite, especially that beautiful high note at the end of the song nobody saw coming.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Spurrious said:

This one finished 5th....she stared on BroadwayĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

For the past 4+ years she has had this little gig on the world tour with the Rolling Stones where she gets brought out to feature on Gimme Shelter.

Ā 

Ā 

That is SO coolā—Ā  Only 5th (teeheehee).Ā  I, always, liked Sasha whenĀ she was on the show. I remember being taken aback when she left.

7 hours ago, Spurrious said:

I'm sure the peeps that missed Season 4 yawn by now when someone brings it up and declares it the best ever but....she finished 6th.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, under-rated.Ā  It is tough to impossible to gasp or explain how well some do or don't do on the show.Ā  And it becomes even stranger when results on the show are put against accomplishments after it... often don't seem to jibe, at all.

5 hours ago, season1 said:

Ā 

EDIT:

Well, I'm, obviously, bias on this one, since it gave the World Danielle.

I remember Holly Tucker sang at my high school around six years ago (it was after her time on The Voice). I vaguely remember seeing Sasha Allen sing, all I remember is she would have an amazing performance each week.

20 hours ago, season1 said:

Ā 

EDIT:

Ā 

She should have been voted through.Ā  TPTB made sure she wasn't going any further though by giving her the worst Live performance order in history:Ā 

Ā 

Ā P/O 2nd

T12 2nd

T10 1st

T8 2nd

T6 1st.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Amber Carrington missed the finals and finished 4th in S4.Ā  IMHO she was no worse than 2nd.Ā  It is also my opinion she paid the price for Adam's "I hate America" comment.Ā  Crazy is one of my favorites but it won't embed....link at the bottom.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/187015/The-Voice-USA-2013-Amber-Carrington-Crazy-362013/

• Like 1

Amber was my favorite in S4.

Ā 

SheĀ is in a brand new girlĀ groupĀ now. HoweverĀ it's hard to find any info

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm not sure if is a long term projet or anything like I said I could hardly find any info.

Ā 

Here them doing a cover.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Ā 

She should have been voted through.Ā  TPTB made sure she wasn't going any further though by giving her the worst Live performance order in history:Ā 

Ā 

Ā P/O 2nd

T12 2nd

T10 1st

T8 2nd

T6 1st.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, TPTB use the performance order to tell the contestant and the audience that they want him/her gone. :/

Ā 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, season1 said:

Ā 

Yes, TPTB use the performance order to tell the contestant and the audience that they want him/her gone. :/

Ā 

I disagree with your general premise. I do believe TV gives obvious individual great performances the best time-slot to help ratings but I don't think they pick a contestantĀ they want to win and fudge the competition in their favor.Ā  It is a TV show and it is about ratings and making money and to thatĀ end I don't deny they have an agenda - but I still don't believeĀ they pick a contestant they want to win and cheat all the others to get the result they want.Ā  If that really happened it would get out to the public and destroy the show.Ā Ā 

Edited by Cranberrys

It is very nice & super-refreshing to see another voice of reason ā¬†.Ā  OneĀ would try to present aĀ show such that it is entertaining, draws & holds viewers.Ā  But, these suggestions that the thing is rigged or fixed are, you are right, somewhere between ridiculous & outrageous.Ā  Implying the thing has been functioning for 18 Seasons being unethical for the duration is,Ā irrational & illogical.Ā  Television is supported by sponsors.Ā  And overseen by the FCC and other agencies responsible for broadcast conduct.Ā  If there was any validity or reality to this suggested rubbish, the show would have been taken off the air long ago and sued or something legal.

I have always felt that when the so-called "TPTB" are blamed it is most likely sour grapes in regard to losing an artist someone wanted to see win.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

It is very nice & super-refreshing to see another voice of reason ā¬†.Ā  OneĀ would try to present aĀ show such that it is entertaining, draws & holds viewers.Ā  But, these suggestions that the thing is rigged or fixed are, you are right, somewhere between ridiculous & outrageous.Ā  Implying the thing has been functioning for 18 Seasons being unethical for the duration is,Ā irrational & illogical.Ā  Television is supported by sponsors.Ā  And overseen by the FCC and other agencies responsible for broadcast conduct.Ā  If there was any validity or reality to this suggested rubbish, the show would have been taken off the air long ago and sued or something legal.

I have always felt that when the so-called "TPTB" are blamed it is most likely sour grapes in regard to losing an artist someone wanted to see win.

Ā 

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

I disagree with your general premise. I do believe TV gives obvious individual great performances the best time-slot to help ratings but I don't think they pick a contestantĀ they want to win and fudge the competition in their favor.Ā  It is a TV show and it is about ratings and making money and to thatĀ end I don't deny they have an agenda - but I still don't believeĀ they pick a contestant they want to win and cheat all the others to get the result they want.Ā  If that really happened it would get out to the public and destroy the show.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I essentially agree they have an agenda to promote income and ratings but....seriously how can that not manifest into choosing contestants and favoring coaches based on who they think can deliver ratings and money? Ā  It's just wishful thinking to believe their limits on how far they will go to achieve their agenda are based on anyone's personal concepts of what is fair.Ā Ā  Corporations, like people, get fat by ignoring limits.

Ā 

The ONLY thing a show can legally get in trouble for is violating it's published rules.Ā  The Voice has eliminated that as a possibility by stating in their rules that they can change the results and votes at any time, for any reason ....and ...and this is a big "and"....their rules say they don't have to tells us if they change the rules.Ā  So, can they just wipe out the votes from a few states or cities at any time and not say a word about it?Ā  Yes they can.Ā  The real question is have they?Ā  Your guess is as good as mine....but I think so.Ā  I mean they gave themselves permission to do it.Ā Ā  If A winning instead of B improves say....their coveted 18-35 YO urban market share, would they?Ā  I don't know the answer but I do know it isn't because you or I think it's the right thing.Ā 

Ā 

That said,Ā  I'm not going to diminish the thought there are also many cases where fans simply get upset because snowflake lost.Ā  Additionally, I think we would all agree there is an oversized effect on a contestants outcome based on their coaches popularity.Ā 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, Spurrious said:

I'm sure the peeps that missed Season 4 yawn by now when someone brings it up and declares it the best ever but....she finished 6th.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Season 4 > Every other season. Always. The talent was crazy.

• Like 1