The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

17 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think some of you all (& this might include tptb) are overestimating the impact a “3 second” pause would have had on the audience & future voting. 

I’m thinking a lot of people would have still been in the thunderstorm is better camp regardless. And while it might have made some more accepting of Jon’s choice, it wouldn’t have caused them to change how they feel over the artist. 

We can speculate all day but now we'll never know for certain what could've been. So thanks TPTB once again. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I agree, it was 3 seconds, that wouldn´t have suddenly thrown him into the back of the pack, and yes, it was out of his control.

Right. I’m fine with someone making a mistake. It’s shows they’re human. Sawyer screwed up on “Imagine,” but I still voted for him and downloaded the song. I’m sure everyone watching the episode knew he messed up. 

Facebook is calmer than I expected on the Mandi- Thunderstorm situation. A lot of comments are saying that Tstorm should have won, but there are also a good amount of comments defending Mandi, or saying that both were great.

On the other hand, Instagram is pissed lol

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Facebook is calmer than I expected on the Mandi- Thunderstorm situation. A lot of comments are saying that Tstorm should have won, but there are also a good amount of comments defending Mandi, or saying that both were great.

On the other hand, Instagram is pissed lol

They’re probably just happy they don’t have to vote for a Team John contestant. 

But, I also just scrolled quickly through the comments and see lots of variations wtf, John. Are we looking at the same posts?

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

But, I also just scrolled quickly through the comments and see lots of variations wtf, John. Are we looking at the same posts?

I mean, there´s a lot of wtf John, but for some reason, I expected them to be more brutal, I didn´t expect Instagram to be actually harsher than Facebook lol

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, there´s a lot of wtf John, but for some reason, I expected them to be more brutal, I didn´t expect Instagram to be actually harsher than Facebook lol

I mean, it’s probably something like 20-1 in favor of Thunderstorm. If he was eliminated, they would be angry, but now that he’s with a coach they don’t hate, they’re probably happy. :P

As much as I love Thunderstorm, his song choice doesn't make him shine. Even his Blind Audition song, I'm not fond of. I think that he should've pick Nick from the very start. John is a good Singer/SongWriter etc. but I think he's not a good coach.

3 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Find this comment in the Micah vs Tayler KO on youtube. I think it's pretty accurate and it's really how I think too. "To me Kelly made the best Decision , if Micah deliver well even in not his comfort zone, this guy can get to the finals, on the other hand, tayler is good and sing in her comfortable zone, if Micah had had this opportunity, he's gonna turn on the stage ."

Still doesn’t justify that Tayler had the better performance . Even Micah knew he lost it was just based on Kelly’s opinion 

1 minute ago, Supreme2017 said:

Still doesn’t justify that Tayler had the better performance . Even Micah knew he lost it was just based on Kelly’s opinion 

Kelly's being strategic as I can see. I think after 4 seasons I really know her strategy as a coach. She's becoming more predictable.

9 hours ago, echoap said:

You can downplay it all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he got  huge help from TPTB last night. And it doesn't matter how talented he is, this is supposed to be a competition so, if he made a mistake, he had to take the consequences. 

And it proves that TPTB is pulling for a Nick win 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Even the folks commenting at mjsbigblog just despise John lol. Even before all his tragic decisions, they were calling his comments trash, and they were angry that he paired strong people together in the battles. But... he had a strong team?

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Even the folks commenting at mjsbigblog just despise John lol. Even before all his tragic decisions, they were calling his comments trash, and they were angry that he paired strong people together in the battles. But... he had a strong team?

Honestly, it’s been a while since I’ve seen such one side comments on Facebook in favor of a battle or KO loser. They think John handed the winner to Nick. It’s a very active thread. 

EDIT: Mikaela losing to the Bundys was close. They were really pissed off about that. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I mean, John has been a mess this season. From his extreme pickiness, his blatantly one sided song choices in the battles, his obsession with Mandi and Mike, and letting go of two contestants that could very well win the show and make him look like a fool. (If it´s Joanna though, then both Nick and him will look like fools).

Just now, Misirlou said:

I mean, John has been a mess this season. From his extreme pickiness, his blatantly one sided song choices in the battles, his obsession with Mandi and Mike, and letting go of two contestants that could very well win the show and make him look like a fool. (If it´s Joanna though, then both Nick and him will look like fools).

That's true. Half of his battles were total messes. But his biggest faults are his decisions. It doesn't really make me mad at him, because the people he's letting go would get steals anyway. If anything, we're just watching him dig his own grave.

20 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

I just learned that The Voice sent all of the contestants the same equipment so that they don't have to play their own instruments if they don't want to.

34aGD.jpg

Do you know what equipment? I read Idol will record on iPhones :unsure:

John Legend has a great voice and has made some great music - but he has major weaknesses in many of his arrangements and choices in phrasing - welding lyric to music & the genuine emotion that was written into the song. Those weaknesses show up in most of his post-Blinds coaching.  It's most obvious in John's solo covers but it's easy to find on his albums too.  The last minute and a half of THIS COVER of Bridge Over Troubled Water is a dramatic suck-ass mess and his arrangement of the remake of Baby it's Cold Outside with Kelly Clarkson is HORRIBLE.    The entire meaning and depth of BOTW was lost in John's overwrought, over dramatic, over sung attempt to make the audience think his voice was better than the song.   [In BICO] He slowed down the tempo to a passionate uptempo Academy Award winning song and turned it into a dispassionate mess of cabbage. BICO is so bad and {{{strange}}} it's creepy - exactly the way John wanted it. 

The point ^^^ is John isn't a very good vocal/music coach for the contestants who choose him.  He talks a good game but falls short on the follow thru with song choice, arrangements, and vocal coaching.  I think Blake, Nick, and Kelly are all better TV coaches than John.

:lmao: I guess we stil waiting for info on what The Voice will do, I read that Idol has send iPhones

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/american-idol-313-on-with-the-show-top-20-sing-for-your-vote-4-26/

Don’t miss the remaining Idol hopefuls as they continue their journeys remotely, filming their performances on iPhones, singing their hearts out for a chance to win America’s vote

EDIT: Ok, ok it's not nearly as bad as the press release make it seem. USA Today has more info

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2020/04/20/american-idol-how-singers-compete-remotely-next-star/5145542002/

Supplies were shipped to each: Three of the latest Apple iPhone model to ensure multiple camera angles, a professional microphone and a lighting kit.

So it's not as if they are streaming on an iPhone with a selfie stick. 3 camera angle pro mic and lights but they do have to installed it all by themself and the producer will montage all the camera angle and sound so they look good but still on iPhones :stealth:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, it’s been a while since I’ve seen such one side comments on Facebook in favor of a battle or KO loser. They think John handed the winner to Nick. It’s a very active thread. 

EDIT: Mikaela losing to the Bundys was close. They were really pissed off about that. 

How about Sa'Rayah over Michael Sanchez? 

• Like 1