The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

There's that then. Congrats Jake/Katie. :P

If Jake wins, Kelly will advise him not to sign with Republic, and he’ll probably have some period of time where he can’t release music. I’m guessing 6 months?

If Katie wins, she’ll probably sign with Republic, perform a new single in the S18 finale that will do decently on iTunes for 1 day, and that will probably be the last we ever hear of her.

Either way, they face an uphill climb, but they get they still $100K minus taxes.

Edited by TeamAudra

If Jake wins, Kelly will advise him not to sign with Republic, and he’ll probably have some period of time where he can’t release music. I’m guessing 6 months?

If Katie wins, she’ll probably sign with Republic, perform a new single in the S18 finale that will do decently on iTunes for 1 day, and that will probably be the last we ever hear of her.

Either way, they face an uphill climb, but they get they still $100K minus taxes.

Katie should be able to score a gig on Broadway. Jake? He's lucky he's team Kelly. Even then, I don't see much of a post-show career for him tbh, but maybe country fans do?

In all seriousness, he's the most marketable winner in recent memory and actually has a chance at a career. It goes down to song selection and a record label backing him, but he's ready to strike in the country market. The Voice needs a point of relevancy and Jake could be it. The best person won and we'll see what happens moving forward.

there has been literally 3 winners like him...

there has been literally 3 winners like him...

And? He was the most streamed artist consecutively for a reason, amassed a fervent fanbase, and they remained loyal to what he brought to the table. This is what a record label can capitalize on with the right songs that taps into the fanbase.

The last few winners didn't have anywhere near that and were not likely to dent the marketplace, even with the right songs.

And? He was the most streamed artist consecutively for a reason, amassed a fervent fanbase, and they remained loyal to what he brought to the table. This is what a record label can capitalize on with the right songs that taps into the fanbase.

The last few winners didn't have anywhere near that and were not likely to dent the marketplace, even with the right songs.

i don't want to derail the thread so i'm gonna end with this, someone always says some thing like this and then nothing happens - and jake is not even close to what the previous winners were able to accomplish itunes/social media/etc.-wise (and they had larger audiences)...

i don't want to derail the thread so i'm gonna end with this, someone always says some thing like this and then nothing happens - and jake is not even close to what the previous winners were able to accomplish itunes/social media/etc.-wise (and they had larger audiences)...

That's because the record label does nothing with them. The winners don't even end up on the record label roster page, let alone release anything of weight. The first step is getting the record label to actually invest in Jake. The potential is there, but if the record label doesn't care, there's not much that the talent can do.

Brynn and Maelyn were also most streamed for several weeks as well....

Not saying its not possible for Jake to see success (he may) but he literally has the least followers of all the recent winners and we have no idea if those fans will actually follow him into his career or if they were just fans invested in him for the voice win.

Edited by XoBrynn

A word that often comes up in YT comments about Jake is "nostalgia."

That's great for the fans I suppose, but career wise? Maybe Jake will be lucky and classic country--if that's what it's called--will make a come back just in time for him to jump on board that train.

Is it true Chevel never got signed? What's Kelly gonna do with Jake? He's sure to appear on her show. No idea how much impact her show has. At least he scored the $100k, so he didn't waste his time. :thumbs:

A word that often comes up in YT comments about Jake is "nostalgia."

That's great for the fans I suppose, but career wise? Maybe Jake will be lucky and classic country--if that's what it's called--will make a come back just in time for him to jump on board that train.

Is it true Chevel never got signed? What's Kelly gonna do with Jake? He's sure to appear on her show. No idea how much impact her show has. At least he scored the $100k, so he didn't waste his time. :thumbs:

I think she had a trip to New York planned to sign her life away, but she never went. Kelly probably talked her out of it. I have no idea what the legal ramifications are. Brynn signed, and got out of her deal after a couple weeks. It’s been said that a lawyer was involved in getting her released from her contract. I’ll be shocked if Jake signs. Winning this show is a huge pain in the ass, but at least they get the $100K (it’s not enough).

The bottom line is they don’t have to sign.

Edited by TeamAudra

You're not derailing anything. Hyperbole is hyperbole. IDF likes to act like they're better than the rest of the Voice audience, but boasting about the incredible post-show career a certain contestant will have is no different than saying Chance Pena was robbed of winning it all.

You're not derailing anything. Hyperbole is hyperbole. IDF likes to act like they're better than the rest of the Voice audience, but boasting about the incredible post-show career a certain contestant will have is no different than saying Chance Pena was robbed of winning it all.

At least we don't vote for generic country artists like the majority of the audience :bleh:

Chloe was downloaded a lot during iTunes days and places high often even with all her songs. She had a huge fan base of all types of people, and huge SM. What did they do for her???

Exactly!!