The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

1 minute ago, Ptones2010 said:

Am I reading some of these posts correctly...Blake announced his departure from the show?

That is the best news this show has had in a longgg time.

It'll certainly make things interesting, as he's been such a fixture on the show since Season 1. 

As long as ratings don't tank with his departure (my biggest worry at that news), I'm curious to see what production does next now that they'll no longer have to haul Blake off the seat in his coffin.

Just now, Ptones2010 said:

Wow! We all knew it was going to happen at some point, but I really thought he would ride it out a couple more seasons.

He's had enough though and it shows a lot this season.

I'm all for it, this season shows how Blake being checked out can really negatively impact the balance of this show.

I just thought they won't have the guts to do it.

I'm just excited at how this can shake up the demo of the show.

Just now, VintageVoice said:

It'll certainly make things interesting, as he's been such a fixture on the show since Season 1. 

As long as ratings don't tank with his departure (my biggest worry at that news), I'm curious to see what production does next now that they'll no longer have to haul Blake off the seat in his coffin.

Ratings have been plummeting for many years now.

Just now, Teraginn said:

I'm all for it, this season shows how Blake being checked out can really negatively impact the balance of this show.

I just thought they won't have the guts to do it.

I'm just excited at how this can shake up the demo of the show.

I'm all in to see the direction the show goes in.

This is why those interviews and etc are all bullshit i just watched like last week a interview with the 4 coaches and Blake talking about what would takes for him to leave the show, not a month after he literally announces his departure... :closedeyes:

Like mentioned, S24 will be a whole new world, a new show and etc, The Voice will not be the same without Blake, at all, his impact it's everywhere in the show, from contestants, to viewers and even changing all coaches perception towards country music, i'm from Brazil and here we don't have country music (only a shitty imitation called "Sertanejo"), the only country artist known here is Alan Jackson because of his "I'll Try" song and Shania Twain, so i didn't knew anything about country music, Blake shaped all my knowledge about the genre and made me start to appreciate country music, so i will be forever grateful to him :hug:

Well, like i mentioned in the S23 thread, i think they will obviously try to get a new male coach since Kelly it's basically a mix of everything, so i would like to see Keith replacing him but i do think someone like Reba would be good, that's the one female artist that i think minivan and the housewives would be perfectly fine with it.

• Like 2

Don’t care. Blake has been good for the show, but it’s time. 

I also don’t care if the show flops without him. That’s NBC’s problem, not mine. 

I’m struggling to come up with another male country singer capable of filling his shoes.  

Edited by TeamAudra

The thing is, while many IDFers have been wanting Blake to take a break or leave due to his power on the show, in a way they never actually expected him to do it. We´ve always discussed about the possible new coaches, or who´s coming back, but Blake never came in that discussion because everyone expected him there no matter what.

That´s change. I think at first sight it´ll be a bit weird not to see him in the chair, but in a way this show did need a shake up. We already knew everytime he was getting at least two finalists, and that his team will have the advantages, etc. With him gone, it´ll be interesting to see how NBC handles his replacement (whether you like Blake or not, that´s big shoes to fill), and how the power dynamic will change on this show.

Edited by Misirlou

4 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Ohh sorry, reading comprehension lol. The season numbers blend together at this point :wacko: I love how everyone is worked up about Blake leaving, but is anyone discussing John's departure? 

It was time for John to go 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Ne vous inquiétez pas. Blake a été bon pour le spectacle, mais il est temps. 

Je me fiche aussi que la série échoue sans lui. C'est le problème de NBC, pas le mien. 

J'ai du mal à trouver un autre chanteur country masculin capable de remplir ses chaussures.  

Keith Urban 👍

7 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Aren't you at least happy though that we finally got a legit shakeup that can potentially end the stagnancy of this show?

Besides, I talked loads about how awesome these battles are already. 😜 

I’m not sure Kelly gets two in the finals really ends the stagnancy of the show. Plus they’ll really need to get someone who can balance her or it will just be a nighttime version of the Kelly show 

If you really want a reset you need to bring in 4 brand new coaches simultaneously a la idol & spoiler country contestants will still do well 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Teraginn said:

The fact that they're even willing to let go of Blake despite the backlash makes me think that either the FB demo is not as huge and essential as we might think, or that they know his replacement would bring the ratings right back up.

This is based on the assumption that Blake's departure was planned way before the announcement was made. If the announcement was made out of the blue, I'd imagine TPTB must be scrambling to address the situation. But the timing of the announcement with the S23 coach lineup makes me think TPTB and Blake planned this ahead.

I don’t think they can/would want to make him stay, though. Once someone is really ready to go, it’s not going to work well for the show for them to stay past that time. 

i do think a lot of these people that say they won’t watch will still watch. Or at least enough will to still give it higher ratings than whatever else they could replace it with. 

Edited by jem128
  • Like 1

Now that everyone had time to digest the news from yesterday, I don’t really understand why they anounced Blake’s departure so early.

It would’ve made more sense if they announced it next year near s23 premier or in s22 finale. 

Unless they really wanted to overshadow s23 panel announcement…

7 minutes ago, jay2567 said:

Now that everyone had time to digest the news from yesterday, I don’t really understand why they anounced Blake’s departure so early.

It would’ve made more sense if they announced it next year near s23 premier or in s22 finale. 

Unless they really wanted to overshadow s23 panel announcement…

My guess is that it won’t be kept a secret on the show and they wanted to announce it rather than having it leak from someone who attended the blinds for S23 this week. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jem128 said:

My guess is that it won’t be kept a secret on the show and they wanted to announce it rather than having it leak from someone who attended the blinds for S23 this week. 

This, my guess is they also ended up twisting Blake’s arm to get him to do s23