The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

1 hour ago, Shinuki said:

I don't necessarily think Blake leaving the show means Gwen is too, doesn't seem like he's leaving in bad terms at all, and while Blake does look a bit tired on S22, Gwen is totally the opposite, she seems more energetic than ever, so i don't think she's done with The Voice, and still having her as a coach could be a benefit, imagine Blake being a Gwen's advisor in the future :haha:

If she ever coaches again, I could see that happening. Then-husband Gavin Rossdale was Gwen's advisor in season 7, which was her first.

Nothing was announced about Gwen's plans and she does appear to enjoy the job, so it's possible that she'll continue as a rotating coach. But TPTB know Gwen isn't as popular with the audience as Blake or Kelly, and returning would defeat what presumably is the reason for Blake leaving.

Unless some details about Blake's decision have been withheld, the issue doesn't seem to be that he is tired of coaching. Blake even commented earlier this season that he missed the show during its break.

However, Blake has indicated that he would like to slow down. In March 2021, Blake told Hoda Kotb on Today that he hoped he and his wife could have a simpler life "sooner than later." After admitting they've been "fortunate to accomplish a lot of things" in their careers and television, Blake added, "but, hopefully, at some point, we get a chance to live some life." He and Gwen just celebrated their first anniversary on July 3, and her three boys are growing up. Gwen coaching The Voice in a future season without Blake on the panel is really no better or different for the married couple than him coaching without her in seasons 21 and 23. It's still an obligation that entails time away from each other and their kids.

Edited by RTV

2 minutes ago, RTV said:

However, Blake has indicated that he would like to slow down. In March 2021, Blake told Hoda Kotb on Today that he hoped he and his wife could have a simpler life "sooner than later." After admitting they've been "fortunate to accomplish a lot of things" in their careers and television, Blake added, "but, hopefully, at some point, we get a chance to live some life." He and Gwen just celebrated their first anniversary on July 3, and her three boys are growing up. Gwen coaching The Voice in a future season without Blake on the panel is really no better or different for the married couple than him coaching without her in seasons 21 and 23. It's still an obligation that entails time away from each other and their kids.

While you're not wrong about this, Gwen has pretty much been the emergency fill-in coach since season seventeen, and if she needs to serve that role again, I doubt that she would mind since she does love the show.  And I think that Blake would support her if she does want to coach without him.  It really wouldn't be that much time away from him, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

While you're not wrong about this, Gwen has pretty much been the emergency fill-in coach since season seventeen, and if she needs to serve that role again, I doubt that she would mind since she does love the show.  And I think that Blake would support her if she does want to coach without him.  It really wouldn't be that much time away from him, anyway.

Yes, I agree that Blake would support Gwen if she wants to coach another season.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I don't think Blake would stop Gwen from coaching without him, it's a matter of whether she wants to return, since TPTB has been selling her as a package deal with Blake ever since they got together.

Gwen also sells herself as a package deal with Blake a lot of the time though, so I don’t think she minds. I don’t really see that as anything more than TPTB working with the dynamic they are given. Their connection can’t really be ignored. I honestly don’t see her returning, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

Edited by jem128

Mark Franklin wrote:

Blake is the only original coach still on the show. In Season 1, he sat alongside Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green.

He’s also become the focal point of much of the banter that goes on between the coaches. And a coach known for his willingness to help artists in their post-Voice musical pursuits.

Then, of course, there are his eight wins on the show, six of which came in the show’s first 13 seasons.

Needless to say, the show won’t be the same without him.

https://idolchatteryd.com/blake-shelton-says-season-23-will-be-his-last-on-the-voice

• Sad 1

S24 panel is going to be interesting. Kelly is a given, and I’m 95% sure that John’s coming back. So the two chairs that are free are the country chair (Reba, Jason, Dolly, Tim?) and the other pop chair (returning coach or brand new one)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jay2567 said:

S24 panel is going to be interesting. Kelly is a given

Kelly seemed to really enjoy the time off with her kids this summer so it will be interesting to see how long they can keep her for both seasons plus her show 

2 hours ago, jay2567 said:

S24 panel is going to be interesting. Kelly is a given, and I’m 95% sure that John’s coming back. So the two chairs that are free are the country chair (Reba, Jason, Dolly, Tim?) and the other pop chair (returning coach or brand new one)

So Chance is one and done 99%? Since I don’t see John leaving again anytime soon when he returns

55 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

So Chance is one and done 99%? Since I don’t see John leaving again anytime soon when he returns

Probably, I think we’re entering an era where new coaches only sign for one season like Ariana and Camila. However I do see Niall coming back for s24 depending on how well he’s received in s23.

31 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Based on Blake's comments to Niall as reported in the S23 spoiler thread, sort of seems like they're setting up Niall to return as well. So John, Kelly, Niall and a country artist?

they would be pinning their hopes on Niall being a good coach and entertaining then, let's hope he is.  Wondering what country artist they would get, could t it be a Female? that would be fun to see for a change

• Like 1

I am not sure how much to read into the comment about Niall being the king of the voice. It could have just been an off handed comment assuming Niall really did get 5 people in one taping. It’s possible he will do back to back seasons, but doing S23 and S24 will take up a decent amount of his 2023 and his fans that were yesterday said he has new music coming, which presumably would mean touring. 

57 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I am not sure how much to read into the comment about Niall being the king of the voice. It could have just been an off handed comment assuming Niall really did get 5 people in one taping. It’s possible he will do back to back seasons, but doing S23 and S24 will take up a decent amount of his 2023 and his fans that were yesterday said he has new music coming, which presumably would mean touring. 

I doubt Niall is doing s24, if Nick didn’t do back to back seasons neither will Niall imo. I expect 3-4 coaches out for s24 (assuming Kelly takes another summer off) and the biggest shakeup in the show’s history.

Edited by Mathacoo200315

https://heavy.com/entertainment/the-voice/nick-jonas-reaction-ariana-grande-replacement/amp/

I happened to stumble upon an article about Nick leaving, I guess this didn’t age well:

“She is replacing Nick Jonas, who is a [coach] on the current season, but he isn’t leaving for good,” the source told the outlet. They added, “Nick will remain on rotation with other stars that have appeared on the show. The chances are he will be back soon.”

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

We should find out the coaches in May, right?

If Reba doesn’t happen and they go for someone greener/less expensive, I will not be completely shocked if it is Jimmie Allen. He seems too small of a star to me, but he is definitely a hustler and he and/or his team seem to be very successful in getting him on things. 

I am not one that thinks the show is going to immediately hemorrhage viewers once Blake leaves. At this point, watching the show is a routine for most of the viewers and I think the vast majority will still tune in next season. The coach selection for next season seems particularly important though because, if people don’t still enjoy it to the same level, at that point I do think they’ll be less likely to keep tuning in to future seasons. 

16 minutes ago, jem128 said:

We should find out the coaches in May, right?

If Reba doesn’t happen and they go for someone greener/less expensive, I will not be completely shocked if it is Jimmie Allen. He seems too small of a star to me, but he is definitely a hustler and he and/or his team seem to be very successful in getting him on things. 

I am not one that thinks the show is going to immediately hemorrhage viewers once Blake leaves. At this point, watching the show is a routine for most of the viewers and I think the vast majority will still tune in next season. The coach selection for next season seems particularly important though because, if people don’t still enjoy it to the same level, at that point I do think they’ll be less likely to keep tuning in to future seasons. 

Definitely in May.

Do we think a former coach will return? This s24 panel is so unpredictable!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

It depends on what you mean by former coach. I think we can discard all the coaches from S21 backwards 

Former coaches I don’t see returning at all:

-Adam

-CeeLo

-Christina

-Shakira

-JHud

-Ariana

-Gwen

Could happen (?):

-Miley (Still has close ties to NBC, is in her prime again)

-Usher (was a Mega mentor a few times since his coaching end)

-Pharrell (Did he ever say he WOULDNT return?)

-Nick (Idk what happened to him lol)

-Camila (Maybeee)?

-John (Probably)

-Alicia (Biggest ? Of all)

Edited by Mathacoo200315
  • Like 1

John seems pretty adamant that he is returning. At this point, I am expecting him and Kelly for S24, but won’t be fully shocked if one or both aren’t. If it’s true the show is moving to NY, I think that confirms Kelly’s presence for the long term. 

1 minute ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

-Adam

-CeeLo

-Christina

-Shakira

-JHud

-Ariana

-Gwen

Could happen (?):

-Miley

-Usher

-Pharrell

-Nick

-Camila

-John

-Alicia

Wouldn’t 100% rule her out. She’s been back in NBC’s hold, her career’s back on an upswing (at least in the US), and she’s back in the US post-Piqué. Combine it with Latin music being more mainstream now than ever, it would be the perfect time for her to come back.

I DO think it’s a stretch to assume she’ll be back and she was notoriously pretty disengaged, but as far as possibilities go, I wouldn’t rule her 100% out.

14 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

-Adam

-CeeLo

-Christina

-Shakira

-JHud

-Ariana

-Gwen

Could happen (?):

-Miley (Still has close ties to NBC, is in her prime again)

-Usher (was a Mega mentor a few times since his coaching end)

-Pharrell (Did he ever say he WOULDNT return?)

-Nick (Idk what happened to him lol)

-Camila (Maybeee)?

-John (Probably)

-Alicia (Biggest ? Of all)

On the first list,I wouldn't 100% discard Gwen. Obviously there was the Blake factor, but she's someone the show has counted on in a lot of last minute decisions. I kinda expect Kelly to bounce in and out of seasons now, so maybe she could step in. She never said it was the end for her on the show, just that she didnt know.  

The others are obviously a no.

As far as the "could happen" list, John did say he'd be back, so that's a yes. I could see Nick coming back unfortunately. I don't see Camila or Miley being interested anymore.

Pharrell, Alicia and Usher are a mystery. 

• Like 1