• Jay Allen - Till You Can´t
    • Kate Kalvanch - Rainbow
  2. 2. Grade the Premiere

• A (Amazing)
    • B (Good)
    • C (Ok)
    • D (Subpar)
    • F (Fail)

1. Morgan - she's got potential to make it fairly deep into the competition; she did very well with a song that's a singing show staple but it still felt like she was making it her own. Well deserved four chairs.
  2. Omar - he's got the energy to do rock well, but does have a bit of a pop edge to his voice so could play into that without much issue. Well deserved four chairs.
  3. Emma - surprising amount of power, clear belts, and has a bit of a folk edge to her voice that is pleasant to listen to. I'm a little shocked she only got two chairs, but I think the right two people turned for her.
  4. Jay - excellent country audition, definitely deserved at least a third chair, and mostly lands below Emma because I'm still confused about why he went with Gwen (but not mad about it)
  5. Ian - has a lot of character in his voice and the indie/alternative guys are ones I tend to like. Not super duper standout, but definitely solid and deserved all three chairs. 
  6. Kate - tonally very pretty, if a touch sleepy in spots. A little surprised at three chairs, but glad she's on the show.
  7. Orlando - not bad, just not my flavor of country. Not sure I would've turned for him, but not underserving of a turn or two at least. Camila is an interesting coach pick, so that'll be fun to watch.
  8. David - pretty tone, but sleepy and the arrangement didn't really work. I probably would've passed but I'm happy for him because he's on the show.

I gave it a C, which is a little harsh, but it started off so strong and things went downhill after they took ages with Orlando's audition.

1. Omar - As cheesy as it can be, I love some 80s arena rock, and this song is an old favorite of mine. He killed it, just when you thought he was gonna lose control, he didn´t, and when you thought he couldn´t get higher, he did. Excited to watch his journey.

2. Morgan - Fantastic vocalist, my only issue is the song choice and rushed tempo of it. It needed to build up, but I know she´s capable of so much more. This was just a tease.

3. Jay - Great, clean tone, and I felt his delivery to be sincere. I would have liked more proyection at the beginning and better enunciation, but he opened up at the end. 

4. Emma - Great opening, it trailed off a bit after that but killer ending. I wish the middle would have caught my attention more but good job overall.

5.  Kate- Sweet tone, sounded a bit tentative throughout though. She has great potential though, so I´m waiting to hear that through the show.

6. Ian - Nice tone, but the whole thing was kinda one note. It didn´t really go anywhere until a bit in the end. I need to hear more.

7. David - Good voice, weird arrangement. Not much to say here.

8. Orlando - I like his SM material, but this was rough, I´m sorry. The song didn´t help him at all. Congrats on the 4 chairs although I´m a bit confused myself.

I´ll give the premiere a B-

Edited by Misirlou

8. Orlando Mendez - I did not like the placement of his voice on this song. Very grating affectation too.

7.  David Andrew - mediocre arrangement. Falling is not a soul song.

6. Emma Brooke - decently sung, but it felt very trained and wooden.

5. Kate Kalvach - her tone is really nice, but she chose the wrong song to showcase it.

4. Ian Harrison - cool song, cool tone, a bit of a one-note performance but he can go places if he gets more confident with his voice.

3. Jay Allen - Ringer #1, he's obviously an experienced singer. His original is better than his audition.

2. Morgan Myles - Ringer #2, a bit of a rushed arrangement for her song, but she can sang.

1. Omar Jose Cardona - very old-school Voice vibes coming from this audition. I can actually hear a little bit of Jordan Smith here. Also, it's about time we have a proper power rocker on this show again.

Edited by Teraginn

After giving a re-listening to every audition: 

8. Orlando: i don't want to be mean but that was pretty bad. Rough and all over the place. 

7. David: Showed potential but overall a really messy performance

6. Kate: Too shaky for my taste, but nice tone 

5. Ian: Beautiful tone, it gave me chills, but overall it felt kind of monotone at parts.

4. Jay: Y'all know that i'm very reluctant about country males, but this guy did a really good job, his vocals were on point and he gave the right amount of emotion. Overall, really enjoyable performance 

3. Emma: wow! This girl has power!. And her tone is gold to my ears. I loved it 

2. Omar: he nailed it! Great vocalist and great performer 

1. Morgan: i just can't get enough of this one. Her power, her tone, her raspiness, i'm officially addicted to listening to it. My favorite of the night. 

Overall, it was an ok episode. I would give it a C.

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:
  1. Morgan - she's got potential to make it fairly deep into the competition; she did very well with a song that's a singing show staple but it still felt like she was making it her own. Well deserved four chairs.
  2. Omar - he's got the energy to do rock well, but does have a bit of a pop edge to his voice so could play into that without much issue. Well deserved four chairs.
  3. Emma - surprising amount of power, clear belts, and has a bit of a folk edge to her voice that is pleasant to listen to. I'm a little shocked she only got two chairs, but I think the right two people turned for her.
  4. Jay - excellent country audition, definitely deserved at least a third chair, and mostly lands below Emma because I'm still confused about why he went with Gwen (but not mad about it)
  5. Ian - has a lot of character in his voice and the indie/alternative guys are ones I tend to like. Not super duper standout, but definitely solid and deserved all three chairs. 
  6. Kate - tonally very pretty, if a touch sleepy in spots. A little surprised at three chairs, but glad she's on the show.
  7. Orlando - not bad, just not my flavor of country. Not sure I would've turned for him, but not underserving of a turn or two at least. Camila is an interesting coach pick, so that'll be fun to watch.
  8. David - pretty tone, but sleepy and the arrangement didn't really work. I probably would've passed but I'm happy for him because he's on the show.

I gave it a C, which is a little harsh, but it started off so strong and things went downhill after they took ages with Orlando's audition.

Our ranking is almost exactly the same except that i preferred David over Orlando:haha:

So many saying that Morgan was tops for them.  She was definitely my second favorite, but it was Omar who won it for me.  Lovely rock voice.  Also enjoyed Jay, Ian, Orlando, and Emma, in that order.

This was okay.  Other than Morgan and Omar, no one was mind-blowing, even though the performances were at least solid.  I gave it a C.

A solid premiere overall. Looking forward to seeing how strong this season gets!

1. Omar Cardona (9/10) - Very strong vocalist - just the type of singer I love! Not every big note was perfectly nailed, but he has great stage presence.

2. Ian Harrison (8.5/10).- TOP TIER SONG CHOICE. Great version, looking forward to what’s next.

3. Kate Kalvach (8/10) - I loved the version of the song. I’m betting she has more tricks up her sleeve…

4. Morgan Myles (7.5/10) - A good version of the song. Great tone, but she definitely held back. I hope she plans on showing off later on, but I feel she could’ve added a little more. I guess my only actual critique is that the flip didn’t 100% land for me. It was fine though, she can just do better.

5. Emma Brooke (7.5/10) - A solid version. I do like that’s she’s classically trained and I can hear it. Looking forward to what’s next.

6. Jay Allen (7.5/10) - A good country voice, can’t complain much about the audition besides male country not being my thing. I do appreciate that he expressed interest in alternative, hope to see him tap into that even slightly.

7. David Andrew (6.5/10) - Vocally he deserves to be much higher but the pacing of his performance was so weird and off, really affected how much I could enjoy him. Really talented, just wrong song.

8. Orlando Mendez (6/10) - I do like his tone but you’re not getting anywhere with that kind of song in my book. Try again next round.

Edited by Someone648

1. Morgan Myles/Omar Cardona(Both were great at what they did. I might vote for Omar since he showed more dynamics. But both were solid vocally)

3. Kate Kalvach

4. Ian Harrison

5. Jay Allen

6. Emma Brooke

7. Orlando Mendez

8. David Andrew

Edited by Hamza Tufail

On 9/20/2022 at 1:17 PM, TeamAudra said:

1. Morgan

2. Jay

3. Omar 

4. Emma

5. Ian 

6. Kate

7. Orlando 

8. David 

Episode grade: C

same ranking but with Ian moved up a couple spots.

Really enjoyed them

1. Morgan - She had the best mix of power, control, and emotion out of everyone. I can't wait to see what she does next.

2. Jay - That was a really good country audition! If you had told me beforehand that he'd be one of my favorites, I wouldn't have believed you.

3. Ian - This was sooo nice. I actually didn't mind that it didn't build up to anything, just a beautiful tone and delivery.

4. Omar - A little too much for me, honestly, but he's a powerhouse vocalist.

Decent

5. Emma - I really liked the opening, but as it went on it just felt so stiff. John was spot on about her needing to unlearn some of her structured training.

6. Kate - That was very shaky, but there were some really pretty parts too. If she could stay consistent for an entire performance, she'd be excellent.

Was not a fan

7. Orlando - The growls weren't very pleasant at all, I'm surprised he got three chairs to turn. I think he just needs to not overdo it.

8. David - I was just ??? on this one. Confusing phrasing, to say the least.

Edited by FloorWax

Great

1. Omar - It usually takes me some time to warm up to bombastic male singers but he did such a great job! It wasn’t overdone like I expected and the whole thing was so fun to watch (killer song choice too!)

2. Morgan - Dull song choice aside this is a very good starting point. Excited to see what she does next.

Decent

3. Ian - Nice tone and fantastic song choice. Loads of potential here.

4. Jay - I’m surprised I’m ranking him this high but he was undeniably good. 

5. Kate - I feel like this could have been my favorite rendition of the song if it wasn’t for the iffy moments throughout the performance. She has a pretty tone and she didn’t overdo it like most people who cover Rainbow.

6. Emma - This was the very definition of good karaoke.

Not for me

7. Orlando - It started out ok but got more messy as the song went on. Not a fan of his voice either.

8. David - I was so sure he wouldn’t get a chair turn, lol. 

Edited by Daillon

Ranking based on my initial ratings after watching the show.

Excellent:

1. Omar - 9.5 - this was super powerful. The only thing that kept me from rating this higher was that the last note felt a little off.

Great:

2. Emma - 9.3 - this was also very powerful. I really enjoyed the song choice and her performance of it.

3. Orlando - 9.3 - I'm surprised that IDF didn't receive this that well. I enjoyed the song choice - it's fun and catchy - and I thought he did a good job on it. I think Kenzie's performance of the song was a little stronger though.

4. Morgan - 9.2 - this was great! As others have said before, though, it would have been nice if this were performed later in the season, so she could have more than 90 seconds to sing.

Okay:

5. Jay - 8.5 - I honestly don't remember much of this. I think he had a relatively long note in there somewhere, which I suppose is nice, but this didn't particularly stand out to me.

Not my thing:

6. David - 7.6 - I thought this was a little messy and, overall, this was probably my least favorite performance of "Falling" in the last 4 seasons.

7. Ian - 7.5 - like with Jay, nothing about this really stood out to me much, and on top of that, I didn't particularly like his tone, so he places here.

8. Kate - 7.0 - I really liked the song choice, but unfortunately, Kate sounded too shaky for me to enjoy it much.