The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I’m sorry, but coming to that conclusion just because people think Chance is a random choice is… weird. I’m willing to bet good money that if they had announced Kendrick or Snoop as coaches the reaction would have been quite different.

willing to bet good money that if you’re a kendrick fan then you would be cognizant of chance’s work // be hyped that he’s on the panel

Edited by Kaito

55 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

LOL. What kind of panel is this 🤦‍♂️ Chance? No.

50 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

NBC really scraping the bottom of the barrel… huh? 

These two messages back to back specifically just feel like a massive microagression. They are inferring Chance is "bottom of the barrel" because he is not the typical pop artist coach, but rather one from the underepresented genre of Hip Hop/Rap (which happens to be a genre lead by black people.) It feels like an attack on the culture and it sits wrong with me idk.

Felt like this behavior needed to be called out, I'll go back to lurking now though lol. 

Chance The Rapper and Blake leaving? well, i guess NBC want to cancel The Voice due to low ratings... :w00twave:

Niall is a good choice, still would prefer Louis since he was a great judge on The X Factor but i guess Niall is the one with a more consistent and successful career between the two in America.

But Chance, like, come on, nothing against the dude himself but seriously that NBC couldn't find someone more interesting and successful? if you want a rapper to be a coach you should call someone bigger that the show's audience at least knows about like Snoop, this guy will be eaten alive during the live shows lol

Well, if Blake is indeed out on S24, we're potentially getting 3 new coaches, i would like to see Keith Urban replacing Blake.

Edited by Shinuki

1 minute ago, m1key said:

These two messages back to back specifically just feel like a massive microagression. They are inferring Chance is "bottom of the barrel" because he is not the typical pop artist coach, but rather one from the underepresented genre of Hip Hop/Rap (which happens to be a genre lead by black people.) It feels like an attack on the culture and it sits wrong with me idk.

Felt like this behavior needed to be called out, I'll go back to lurking now though lol. 

Not really.. I just don’t know who Chance is idk why you’d take it like that. I like to know at least 1 song of every new coach, and I know NONE of his. Nothing to do with micro aggressions 😊 .

Edited by Mathacoo200315

2 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Not really.. I just don’t know who Chance is idk why you’d take it like that. I like to know at least 1 song of every new coach, and I know NONE of his. Nothing to do with micro aggressions 😊 .

why are you so aggressive then 💀 wouldn’t a “i don’t know this artist but i’m excited to check out his music see what he brings to the table” suffice?

I´ll just say this, since both sides are annoying me:

Not being a fan of Chance for any reason whatsoever (Not having been exposed to him enough, or simply not enjoying his music) is not an attack of the hip hop culture, Jesus. It might not be the genre I listen to the most, but I do enjoy it. I like Kendrick, Nas, early Kanye, early Eminem, Biggie, Big Pun, Tribe Called Quest, among others. It has nothing to do with that. 

And on the other hand, not knowing an artist doesn´t inmediately make them a bad choice. In fact, I´ll keep an open mind about what Chance has to offer, like I said, maybe more hip-hop inclined people will show up to audition. It´ll be an interesting but refreshing change. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

I don't think the Chance comments have anything to do with what you are writing about. It's just that The Voice used to bring superstars as coaches, people relevant and popular at the moment, but Chance is just a not well-known artist, if he was from any other genre than Hip-Hop, like country for example, the meltdown would be exactly the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´ll just say this, since both sides are annoying me:

Not being a fan of Chance for any reason whatsoever (Not having been exposed to him enough, or simply not enjoying his music) is not an attack of the hip hop culture, Jesus. It might not be the genre I listen to the most, but I do enjoy it. I like Kendrick, Nas, early Kanye, early Eminem, Biggie, Big Pun, Tribe Called Quest, among others. It has nothing to do with that. 

And on the other hand, not knowing an artist doesn´t inmediately make them a bad choice. In fact, I´ll keep an open mind about what Chance has to offer, like I said, maybe more hip-hop inclined people will show up to audition. It´ll be an interesting but refreshing change. 

Nailed it :yes:

9 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

lol over 10k likes in less than 10 minutes and look at the comments, all about Niall :rofl:

Kelly returns totally outshined and Chance The Who? :lmao:

Edited by Shinuki
  • Haha 1

stop arguing about the choices of artists, let people like or not like, everyone has their own tastes, we can never like all the same artists or the same kind of music, that's how it is you're wasting your time arguing

everyone is free to their tastes or opinions, as long as it's said respectfully 🤠

On 10/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, Mathacoo200315 said:

Idk I don’t think it’ll be Sam. He’s not really in John’s lane replacement wise. Unless he’s replacing Gwen.

I don’t really agree with this. John and Sam Smith are both in the pop/r&b fusion lanes, I feel.

I don’t think they’ll do this though because I think they will have one black coach on the panel each season, just based on the fact that they’ve had exactly 1 for the last 22 seasons.

13 minutes ago, Shinuki said:

Chance The Rapper and Blake leaving? well, i guess NBC want to cancel The Voice due to low ratings... :w00twave:

Niall is a good choice, still would prefer Louis since he was a great judge on The X Factor but i guess Niall is the one with a more consistent and successful career between the two in America.

But Chance, like, come on, nothing against the dude himself but seriously that NBC couldn't find someone more interesting and successful? if you want a rapper to be a coach you should call someone bigger that the show's audience at least knows about like Snoop, this guy will be eaten alive during the live shows lol

Well, if Blake is indeed out on S24, we're potentially getting 3 new coaches, i would like to see Keith Urban replacing Blake.

Kelly may replace Blake.

Maybe that’s why they brought the Spring season back. That way she can have the summer off and they can still do 1 season a year (spring season instead of fall).

Just now, Mathacoo200315 said:

Anyone else think Camila is also Ariana 2.0 where she won’t return again?

We aren't even sure about Camila fully yet, still got Battles/KOs and Live Shows to see how she is.

Ariana was too much money for more than one season, which didn't even bring in more ratings.