The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

6 minutes ago, steve_harrington said:

I would love to see a season with Niall and Camila because they've known each other and been friends a long time. I'm so excited about Kelly being *officially* back and I'm also kind of glad Blake is done, let's give the show a make over and see what happens without the minivan's fave.

Same. they fumbled bad not having Niall , Camila, and Kelly on the same season. 

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

It would make more sense the other way around, but i guess Harry was way to expensive 🤷 (Or maybe he is on tour, idk)

According to his website, Harry's got concerts all through July of next year. If we assume the show will film battles & KOs in January (post-holidays and after the S22 live shows), then Harry could be a battle advisor as his last show of 2022 is Dec. 14 and he doesn't start touring again til late February, but he won't come cheap.

2 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I guess I have trouble seeing Kelly continuing to do two seasons a year along with her show so I could see it in that sense but that means they will have another year between seasons and be returning with a spring season and without Blake. Not sure how that will go for them. 

They got do what they gotta do 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d say they knew if they couldn’t get Kelly back on then the ratings would drop lower without her and Blake.

Just now, Voice said:

They got do what they gotta do 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d say they knew if they couldn’t get Kelly back on then the ratings would drop lower without her and Blake.

I don't believe for one minute that they're only doing one again.

• Like 1

Just now, CocoaPuffs said:

What do you guys think led to Niall being chosen? My guess is they were eyeing someone from 1D and thought he was the best fit? Idk I’m curious to know what y’all think. 

He's pop but pulls from the folkier/singer-songwriter side of pop rather than the more soul/country/bombastic background that Kelly does, has singing competition experience and a solid solo career, and comes off as likable and charming while also clicking well with a variety of types of people.

and he's had one of the better post-1D solo careers but doesn't have the Harry Styles pricetag

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Camila + Kelly could actually drive Blake up a wall, which would be entertaining but I don't think NBC wants to pay his therapy bill after that hypothetical season.

Hahaha I also just like the 2 guys and 2 girls format better. Camila + Niall interacting would also be *chefs kiss*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CocoaPuffs said:

What do you guys think led to Niall being chosen? My guess is they were eyeing someone from 1D and thought he was the best fit? Idk I’m curious to know what y’all think. 

It seems they are choosing coaches with huge followings in hope their audience numbers will increase. Ari, Camila and now Niall. 

• Like 1

Well... at leats we didn´t get Adam "that body of yours is absurd" Levine.

On a more serious note, at this point I don´t see any previous coach coming back besides Kelly and John. Let´s say goodbye to Miley, Alicia, JHud, Gwen and Nick (and s1-10 coaches)

• Like 1

Just now, VintageVoice said:

He's pop but pulls from the folkier/singer-songwriter side of pop rather than the more soul/country/bombastic background that Kelly does, has singing competition experience and a solid solo career, and comes off as likable and charming while also clicking well with a variety of types of people.

and he's had one of the better post-1D solo careers but doesn't have the Harry Styles pricetag

Agreed 😂

also with the last one … if they were looking at who to ask from 1D I think he’s the easily best choice. 

Liam would never be asked

Zayn would never say yes

Harry would be on tour or busy 

That leaves Niall & Louis lol 

The Chance rumors actually being true 😂

I can't believe no one thought of Niall actually, he fits the theme of well-known artist who isn't really in their prime. 

Ngl, I prefer both these people to Charlie. Wish we had another female coach though.

• Like 3

A bunch of Blake's ex contestants have posted on his farewell post thanking him. Since they're obviously somewhat setting up s23 to be a farewell to Blake season, I hope we get something with his former contestants coming back or some nods to earlier seasons 

• Like 6

Praise the Lord we don’t have Charlie.

I like Chance in theory but I don’t listen to him much so I just experience him through Fantano memes. I think it’s admirable for him to go unsigned and he’d be a good mentor.

Niall’s had more success than Camila as a group, but not so much as solo I think. I’ll be somewhat openminded to him but he’s the one I have questions for.

19 minutes ago, jay2567 said:

I kind of dont understand why they got Chance instead of Snoop/Post/J Cole

I can't imagine Post or J Cole going on as coaches lol. When Chance was suggested, I could easily picture him on the chair. He presents himself in a family-friendly, Will Smith-type way

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

I was so shookt at the Blake announcement that I completely glossed over the S23 coach lineup LOL

Anyway, I don't know enough about Chance, but the little snippets I saw from Kelly's show showed that he's much more family-friendly than I expected.

Niall is a surprising get, I think they're just trying to court the younger demo with these picks. I personally think Niall's fanbase is much more likely to overlap with the Voice demo than Camila's, but I'm NOT looking forward to have the Niall stans enter the Voice online discussion.