1. James Pyle

EDIT: Totally forgot WTW was in this episode lol

Edited by Teraginn
  • Haha 1

Great

1. James (really refreshing overall)

2. Julia (love her tone + song choice)

Pretty good

3. Emmalee (didn’t expect to like this as much as I did)

Ok

4. Worth the Wait (awesome beginning, everything else was average)
5. Lain (it was fine)

6. John (same as above)

7. Bailey (poor song choice but she has some pipes)

8. Tori (not as good as I thought after rewatching it)

Should have waited a few years

9. Skylar

I actually enjoyed this episode better than the two we had last week, which is surprising.

Edited by Daillon
  • Thanks 1

Great

1. Lain Roy (A-)

2. Julia Cooper (B+)

Really Good

3. James Pyle (B+)

Good if Not Quite My Thing

4. Worth the Wait (B)

5. Emmalee (B-)

Not Feeling Them

6. John Sullivan (C)

7. Tori Miller (C)

8. Bailey Rae (C)

Not Chair Worthy 

9. Skylar Mayton (C-)

Edited by thevoiceswimmer

Overall okay night for me.

1. James Pyle (8.5/10) - Smooth vocal and a chill personality to match! One of the more memorable auditions of the season so far. Of course the best performance of the episode got saved for the end lol

2. Emmalee (8.25/10) - Biggest surprise of the night for me! A great flip on a classic, which feel rare to come by. Actually preferred this over Allegra/Michael's version (was it Sam Smith's version?) A simple but strong showing from Emmalee!

3. Lain Roy (8.25/10) - Them completely editing Kelly's part out was kind of spooky and changed the vibe of his performance just knowing what happened... Vocally, I didn't expect to like him as much as I did! Should be interesting to see what he does next.

4. Worth the Wait (8/10) - Overall very good, especially the beginning. As a group they need work because parts were obviously messy, but they're starting with an overall strong foundation. Blake's coaching will undoubtedly help them.

5. Julia Cooper (7.75/10) - Wonderful parts in the vocal but for me there was something that was missing from it for me to score it a bit higher. She's definitely got a great voice though!

6. Tori Miller (7.5/10) - The comparison to Lauren Duski's version was kind of inevitable for me personally... Tori did very well! Hope Gwen treats her right.

7. John Sullivan (7/10) - A nice surprise. I don't mind the lack of vocal runs/theatrics/etc., but I agree with Kelly that I would've waited for something a little bit of a step up/more refreshing before turning. I have no complaints, but I can't think of a justification for ranking it higher than this.

8. Bailey Rae (6.5/10) - Nice girl; got lucky that John wanted something different in the moment. I believe she's the weakest female country singer of the season so far based on her blind, but as always, there's potential. Especially since she's still young.

9. Skylar Alyvia Mayton (6.5/10) - This was so sleepy. She literally flipped the song of the year and unfortunately, it didn't work out. I can tell her voice would sound better on a ton of other songs, but this didn't make the right first impression for me vocally.

Julia - Upon my first listen I didn't notice how strong of a vocal she gave and that's saying a lot as I liked her immediately, definitely an artist and should go far

James - fan of the original song so this version kinda threw me off but still a great audition, definitely would've gotten 3-4 chairs earlier on and deservingly so

Lain - even though he isn't anything we haven't seen before on the show, his performance was strooong

Emmalee - interesting but overall just decent/slightly above average audition, nothing to memorable

Tori - has potential and actually did better than i expected but still in a country-heavy season I don't see her going far

John S - nothing wrong, nothing great, all in all didn't care for it

WTW - how they turned 4 chairs is beyond me, have some potential but overall one of the weaker multiple chair turners this season

Bailey/Skylar - both kinda sleepy, rough moments in both auditions, i just don't see atm how either could go past the battles

Edited by antikid

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:
Meh
9. Skylar Mayton
8. Tori Miller
7. Lain Roy
6. Worth the Wait
5. Bailey Rae

Lowkey great auditions
4. Emmalee
3. John Sullivan

2. Julia Cooper

Definitely in my Top 3 auditions for S19
1. James Pyle

EDIT: Totally forgot WTW was in this episode lol

Agree with the most part but I would have Lain in the top 5

• Like 1

1. Lain: Surprisingly the best of the night for me. It's a really overdone song but I like how he navigated the melody to make it fresh to my ear (Also did something happen with Kelly during the pitch? It feels weird not hearing her talk at all during this one).

2. James: A great final audition, obviously if he'd been earlier in the line he'd have turned 3-4 chairs easily.

3. Tori Miller: Her tone is gorgeous, probably my favorite tone so far. She needs coaching though.

4. Julia: She's interesting and has potential, but I admit her diction was a bit whispery and hard to understand at times.

5. Bailey: She was ok, just middle of the pack for me. Probably has more to do with the song.

6. Emmalee: Thank god it wasn't the Sam Smith version. Her high notes sounded a little iffy though, like they weren't as full as I expected. 

7. John: The lack of theatrics went well with the song though. It was a little boring but still pleasant to listen to.

8. Worth the Wait: They weren't really.

9. Skylar: I need to have a word with the person who came up with this lifeless arrangement.

31 minutes ago, longtimelurker said:

(Also did something happen with Kelly during the pitch? It feels weird not hearing her talk at all during this one).

I don’t know if this counts as a spoiler, but I’ll be safe. She actually started crying during Lain’s audition. She was clearly affected by her divorce, so this song really hit hard for her.

11 hours ago, Daillon said:

Great

1. James (really refreshing overall)

2. Julia (love her tone + song choice)

Pretty good

3. Emmalee (didn’t expect to like this as much as I did)

Ok

4. Worth the Wait (awesome beginning, everything else was average)
5. Lain (it was fine)

6. John (same as above)

7. Bailey (poor song choice but she has some pipes)

8. Tori (not as good as I thought after rewatching it)

Should have waited a few years

9. Skylar

I actually enjoyed this episode better than the two we had last week, which is surprising.

ditto at the ranking

1. Julia (tone + song choice = yes, please)
  2. Emmalee (I wasn't expecting to be a huge fan but I really liked it)
  3. James (refreshing and a great way to end the blinds)
  4. Lain (I loved his song choice, so that helped his case - it was "basic" but I'd rather have basic done well than "out of the box" done poorly)
  5. Worth the Wait (there's potential and those harmonies were generally solid, but I don't think there's enough to bump them higher than this)
  6. Bailey (tonally interesting, and John with a country artist that's more pure country than he tends to get should be interesting to watch)
  7. Tori (song choice is one of my all time favorites, but I kept mentally comparing this version to Lauren Duski's)
  8. John (pretty tone, but otherwise bland)
  9. Skylar (has potential, but was kinda shaky throughout her audition)
Edited by VintageVoice