The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Dumbest of all the twists they have done.

I bet Kelly & John we’re both gonna miss out and they didn’t want to upset them. Maybe they added a finalist because they can’t create originals or do duets? I’m just trying to find a reason for them to do this. What is with their obsession of all coaches represented? Does it get more viewers? I’ll never understand it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agenator333 said:

I bet Kelly & John we’re both gonna miss out and they didn’t want to upset them. Maybe they added a finalist because they can’t create originals or do duets? I’m just trying to find a reason for them to do this. What is with their obsession of all coaches represented? Does it get more viewers? I’ll never understand it

I think you nailed it. They can’t do credible duets remotely, so they need extra content. 5 x2 songs, instead of 4 x 3 songs.

7 hours ago, indii said:

This is irrefutable evidence. There's foul play afoot. Eagerly awaiting NBC to put out a statement.

If NBC never addressed Robegate, there's a snowball's chance in hell they'll admit to using a body double for Minivan's favorite 😛

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I have a feeling that finale results show is gonna be a snoozer with this home format. Good luck keeping viewers’ attention for two hours. 

The finale is always a snoozer. Other than the result, which takes all of 5 minutes, they can pretape everything. 

6 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The finale is always a snoozer. Other than the result, which takes all of 5 minutes, they can pretape everything. 

There have been seasons where almost half the finale results show was pre-taped anyway. I don't think people realize that doing that is often necessary from a logistical perspective, not just accommodating the schedules of the guest performers, but also being able have enough time to load in and break down all the big sets that they use. Last season I don't think they had as many special tapings to get that stuff done, but I know they've also taped things before or after a regular taping for that stuff as well. Thinking about it, the taping schedule for the results show probably is going to be stressful because it's usually much more spread out than the time they have available now.

I noticed Meghan installed a green screen at her house, it was behind her during her IG Live. I wonder if any of the other contestants have them as well, it would give them more options visually for backdrops during the performances.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

That’s what I was thinking too. They do their best to keep viewers’ attention. It seems like an impossible task under these circumstances. 

Edited by TeamAudra

The only thing they could do to liven up the finale results is to turn it into a variety show and have really big names pop in and sing. The lockdown will make the most elusive artists available for a remote performance. Better yet, have the successful Voice alums perform. And if the producers have any sense of decency, they can also have the current Voice artists do "group" numbers.

Edited by mjdolorico

4 hours ago, Agenator333 said:

I don't really mind having more finalists, but the team quota though, it is just so unfair :argh:, imo. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

There have been seasons where almost half the finale results show was pre-taped anyway. I don't think people realize that doing that is often necessary from a logistical perspective, not just accommodating the schedules of the guest performers, but also being able have enough time to load in and break down all the big sets that they use. Last season I don't think they had as many special tapings to get that stuff done, but I know they've also taped things before or after a regular taping for that stuff as well. Thinking about it, the taping schedule for the results show probably is going to be stressful because it's usually much more spread out than the time they have available now.

I noticed Meghan installed a green screen at her house, it was behind her during her IG Live. I wonder if any of the other contestants have them as well, it would give them more options visually for backdrops during the performances.

Kara Britz also received & set one up, so I'm guessing the voice sent one to everyone 

• Like 1

Michelle McNulty, the casting director for The Voice,  was answering questions on @thevoicecasting IG story about the online open call for Season 20. Starting on Monday people can sign up for an audition slot. Each person will be given 01:30 to sing, which is about enough for a verse and chorus. You can sing a capella, to a track, or play an instrument. It doesn't sound like anyone will be interacting with you live during the audition, a video will be recorded of you during your time and then sent to someone in casting. The auditions are going to be in June.

All the details about how to sign-up etc. are on the learn more link on the main page of the casting site:

https://www.nbcthevoice.com/index

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

Michelle McNulty, the casting director for The Voice,  was answering questions on @thevoicecasting IG story about the online open call for Season 20. Starting on Monday people can sign up for an audition slot. Each person will be given 01:30 to sing, which is about enough for a verse and chorus. You can sing a capella, to a track, or play an instrument. It doesn't sound like anyone will be interacting with you live during the audition, a video will be recorded of you during your time and then sent to someone in casting. The auditions are going to be in June.

All the details about how to sign-up etc. are on the learn more link on the main page of the casting site:

https://www.nbcthevoice.com/index

Yeah, keep in mind this is for next spring at the earliest though. They already know who they are planning to have compete in the blinds for next fall.