idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Just now, Carlos3500 said:

She said in her live last night that she is doing a really popular song but with a twist. I think she might to a famous pop song and do it with a country twist. That could land really well with the audience so I agree! 

Megan chose a song that was way too big and mature for her in the playoffs, if she wants any chance at the PV, she needs to choose something lighter.

I’m pretty sure Toneisha is going gospel on us on Monday 

9 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

At least everyone gets to sing for a final chance. Zan was prob B3 in a usual bloodbath format.

Not only that, but I think now Zan has a shot at finale (unlikely but still) thanks to this change of format. Now Cammwess is her only competition and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets an uptempo bus song (Similar to Finesse). And I think Cammwess has been relying on being consistently good to advance, and that would decrease his chances.

But if he gets a ballad or a good song choice, Zan is toast.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Pleaseee , I need another Kymberli joye moment (although that was too legendary)

Just now, jus.vshn said:

What she sings on Monday is not gonna matter since Todd is a lock for PV, she might as well sing The Thong Song. If she wants to go gospel, it´ll be on Tuesday when things matter for her.

They probably did this to make up for a lack of coach duets in the finale, because each singer would perform twice instead of 3 times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Pleaseee , I need another Kymberli joye moment (although that was too legendary)

Right!

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

What she sings on Monday is not gonna matter since Todd is a lock for PV, she might as well sing The Thong Song. If she wants to go gospel, it´ll be on Tuesday when things matter for her.

I misread this and now I'm picturing Todd doing The Thong Song and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

ALRIGHT ZAN IF THERE'S ANY TIME YOU NEED TO REDEEM YOURSELF IT'S NOW

Stop!!! Just... STOP! 

ThoseUntriedCur-size_restricted.gif

😂

Edited by echoap
  • Haha 4

people here acting like Zan has a chance lol give it up

I can see Megan beating Micah depending on the song tho 

• Like 2

If Toneisha pulls another "Diamonds" performance in the IS, she has a chance as well. I mean, I wouldn´t want to be in a sing off against her. Not to mention she´s a gospel singer outside of the show, and she hasn´t opened that door on the show yet.

• Like 1

Its time for Zan to unleash a worship song and Megan with a popular song, but with a twist? We STAN!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Toneisha pulls another "Diamonds" performance in the IS, she has a chance as well. I mean, I wouldn´t want to be in a sing off against her. Not to mention she´s a gospel singer outside of the show, and she hasn´t opened that door on the show yet.

If she pulls a Tasha Cobbs or Yolanda Adams number out for the IS and delivers at the level of "Diamonds" - RIP to the entire rest of the IS contestants.

13 minutes ago, echoap said:

Stop!!! Just... STOP! 

ThoseUntriedCur-size_restricted.gif

😂

THE QUEENS WILL PREVAIL!

SOMEONE UNLEASH HALLELUJAH! 

• Like 1

I still think Todd is likely a lock, but I’m shocked that he only has 9500 Instagram followers. Even the Hoot blew that number out of the water by this stage. There are some weaknesses in Todd’s fanbase. 

Posted (edited)

Normally I would be all for 5 finalists... but not in a team by team format. Plus 5 finalists is a bit too much for a finale, S7 and S8 had 5 in the SEMIFINALS!

This basically means that contestants who would have been out by now in any other season... now have a 50% chance of making the finale. It's absurd.

WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE HAPPENED IN S16 

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Like 1

I saw a comment on Mj´s blog that I agree with: Winning the voice doesn´t matter, exposure does. So it is cool that one extra artist gets another week to perform, especially in a season as short as this one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I still think Todd is likely a lock, but I’m shocked that he only has 9500 Instagram followers. Even the Hoot blew that number out of the water by this stage. There are some weaknesses in Todd’s fanbase. 

Minivan doesn't like Instagram as much as Facebook, and his Facebook fans group is quite big (forget the exact numbers off the top of my head).

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Minivan doesn't like Instagram as much as Facebook, and his Facebook fans group is quite big (forget the exact numbers off the top of my head).

Facebook group...sure, but there are probably 50 million+ votes cast. I’m only saying he probably doesn’t have many younger fans. Most recent winners have drawn support from all age groups. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Lmao, I'm enjoying the Reddit celebrity season more than this garbage season format.

But anyway, Megan for PV best female's chance to do it tbh.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I saw a comment on Mj´s blog that I agree with: Winning the voice doesn´t matter, exposure does. So it is cool that one extra artist gets another week to perform, especially in a season as short as this one.

Well if you see it that way I guess they can bring everyone for the finale result show. They still have to fill the 2 hours result show. They usually make group number with eliminated contestant for the finale result show but now there is 4 eliminated semi-finalist so it's easier to make them perform alone the the finale result show because you have to montage and sync edit all group performance. So maybe they will be on TV the same amount of weeks as the finalist. 

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Facebook group...sure, but there are probably 50 million+ votes cast. I’m only saying he probably doesn’t have many younger fans. Most recent winners have drawn support from all age groups. 

I mean, Todd is about to be the oldest finalist of all seasons (if Toneisha didn't make it)cmiiw, it is expected that he doesn't have many younger fans. 

Also, Jake Hoot is still part of millenials age group.

idol is on the same path (all-male finale) and will probably end up adding a spot for sam/julia too...how did we end up with two all-male finales during a pandemic, i --

• Haha 1

Interesting twist.

Todd and Thunderstorm remain locks.

CammWess still has an edge over Zan, but it'll come down to which of the 2 that the producers want to pimp. It can still go either way.

I think Micah/Megan is the closest one. Micah's still a bit ahead, but Megan needs a good song (can't believe I'm saying it... but she needs a country track) and Micah needs to do something safe to keep up the momentum.

Not sure who I'd put for the 5th spot. Whoever does best.