idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

43 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

This change in the rules almost certainly means TPTB knows who is getting votes and they didn't like the results.   I suspect it was shaping up to be a Blake Vs Nick finale and that was not going to work for them.     

It definitely was headed to a Blake vs Nick finale, but I´m surprised TPTB didn´t continue to push that narrative since they have done it since since Kelly entered the show: New Coach VS Blake, new coach ends up winning. S14 was esencially a Brynn vs Kyla race (with Britton out of nowhere getting runner up), as was S16 between Maelyn vs the country dudes. I supposed they were going to aim for Thunderstorm vs Todd.

56 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

This change in the rules almost certainly means TPTB knows who is getting votes and they didn't like the results.   I suspect it was shaping up to be a Blake Vs Nick finale and that was not going to work for them.     

i think it was looking more like a Nick/Kelly finale tbh

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, holinessss said:

i think it was looking more like a Nick/Kelly finale tbh

If your social media chart is correct, and Todd is that weak, that would mean Joanna has a chance! :ohyeah:

If only....

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

Yep, we already knew that Thunderstorm and Todd were locks, so this move basically hurts Joanna, Toneisha and Allegra. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I'd have less of an issue if it were top 4 vote-getters regardless of team; say Thunderstorm is #1, Allegra is #3, and CammWess is #4 - CammWess and T-storm move on, but Allegra goes to the IS despite technically out-earning CammWess in the votes.

This new system reminds me of the first two seasons and how those screwed people over (Jesse Campbell and Katrina Parker are the two names that come to mind). There's a reason they got rid of that format; why reinstate it now?

My guess is they are wary of that after last year. 

We're all assuming Thunderstorm and Allegra are popular..just like we assumed Domenic was popular...

Blake has a huge advantage in earlier rounds...a cut as big from 9 to 3 could mean that the top 3 are Team Blake. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

My guess is they are wary of that after last year. 

We're all assuming Thunderstorm and Allegra are popular..just like we assumed Domenic was popular...

Blake has a huge advantage in earlier rounds...a cut as big from 9 to 3 could mean that the top 3 are Team Blake. 

Domenic lost his battle on the App against Trey Rose (Do you guys remember Trey? Yeah, me neither). Domenic lost his cross battle against Matthew Johnson (Do you guys remember Matthew? Yeah, me neither).

If we are talking about popularity, he was basically the male version of Celia. 😑

We all know Toneisha is vocally better than the people that going to be in the IS

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

Yeah....I guess that could be possible...If not for Queen Maelyn....we would have had exactly that last Fall.   There are no Mealyns this season so who knows.  Having the new coach needing an instant save to make the finals would not go down too well.  It would certainly provoke enough TPTB angst to warrant a rule change. 

Still, I don't think that was the likely mix this season.  I think 2 Blake and 1 Nick with some serious threats remaining from teams Nick and Blake for the 4th spot. 

I'd also like to think that TPTB lost sleep and wet the bed Tuesday night before evoking the Grimmie rule.  Which of course is: If TPTB doesn't like the potential outcome, change the rules.  

36 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

We all know Toneisha is vocally better than the people that going to be in the IS

No..."we" don't know that.  Some may think that but "we" don't know that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CdnCountryFan said:

First change: For the first time since Season 9, each semifinalist will only perform once during the semifinals show.

Second change: Five singers will advance to the Season 18 finale instead of just four.

Third change: The top vote-getter from each team will advance, instead of the top vote-getters regardless of teams.

Fourth change: Everyone who doesn’t advance based on the overnight voting — even the contestant with the fewest votes — will get a second chance to snag the fifth spot in the finale during a Tuesday night instant save.

Does anyone like any of these changes? 

11 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Third change: The top vote-getter from each team will advance, instead of the top vote-getters regardless of teams.

Fourth change: Everyone who doesn’t advance based on the overnight voting — even the contestant with the fewest votes — will get a second chance to snag the fifth spot in the finale during a Tuesday night instant save.

I like this ones tbh

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Kelly and John probably do. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Did he sign a lifetime contract with NBC? 

I mean..at this point they should just air his no-chair audition.

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

I mean..at this point they should just air his no-chair audition.

🤣 🤣 🤣

41 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Megan fans look very confident. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I have another theory that TPTB was willing to gamble with this format because the PV votes  were a lot closer than they seem. I can easily see a situation where Megan beats Micah and Zan beats Cammwess with the right song choices. Heck, Todd isn't safe either, Toneisha might pull the dreaded gospel card before he does and snatch that PV.

I could see Megan over Micah...MAYBE and it would take a lot of busing. The Zan scenario sounds like fiction though. I will eat a bunch of crow if Zan makes it, but I'm like 99.999% sure I won't have to. I feel like the format change is more about the judges and not necessarily the contestants. I doubt they are changing the format to get Zan anywhere. They haven't cared about her up until this point. Toneisha lol...definitely not a plausible situation. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, echoap said:

Megan fans look very confident. 

That’s because they feel like they’ve been given new life! 

(Just kidding...none of us know sh*t about who’s getting votes, and who isn’t (except for Thunderstorm), we all just think we do). 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I could see Megan over Micah...MAYBE and it would take a lot of busing. The Zan scenario sounds like fiction though. I will eat a bunch of crow if Zan makes it, but I'm like 99.999% sure I won't have to. I feel like the format change is more about the judges and not necessarily the contestants. I doubt they are changing the format to get Zan anywhere. They haven't cared about her up until this point. Toneisha lol...definitely not a plausible situation. 

*"THIS IS THE VOICE!" theme blares in the background*

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, holinessss said:

*"THIS IS THE VOICE!" theme blares in the background*

I would pay for that to be true but....

7 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

ALRIGHT ZAN IF THERE'S ANY TIME YOU NEED TO REDEEM YOURSELF IT'S NOW

Uh, redeem herself, how?  Her Playoff performance was excellent!

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Uh, redeem herself, how?  Her Playoff performance was excellent!

Zan has not built a very strong fanbase.

In order for her to make the finale, she's probably gonna need a gospel song AND Cam to flop hard.

6 hours ago, Soreneraya said:

idk it's nice to have a male dominated season 

especially after we got 4 female winners in a row in s13-s16

What is with your obsession with male artists?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, echoap said:

Domenic lost his cross battle against Matthew Johnson (Do you guys remember Matthew? Yeah, me neither).

If we are talking about popularity, he was basically the male version of Celia. 😑

I remember Matthew very well, thank you very much.  His Battle with Shawn Sounds is still one of my favorites of that season.

As for Domenic, he, like most of Team Adam, was suffering from the aftereffects of Adam's absolutely ill-conceived move in season fifteen.  I feel like without Adam so badly screwing the pooch the way he did, Domenic probably beats Matthew in that Cross-Battle, because the audience isn't so into essentially sending Adam a message of how little he was liked or trusted by then.

24 minutes ago, Rodney said:

What is with your obsession with male artists?

what? they never said they were obsessed with male artists