The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

2 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Check out Victor's stories on IG. Nish, Rio, Emma and Anna sounded incredible. 

Keegan plays piano, and I think I saw Ethan

Yeah, they all sounded great. Keegan sang as well (look at Andrew’s story.) He sounded great! 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Harmat said:

During S16, when did IDF start believing  👑 Maelyn could win?
And then when was IDF “confident” on     👑 Maelyn winning?

Pretty sure she was a contender since the blinds. 4-chair turn from Team Legend  + aired on the premiere was a really good position to be in.

7 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

THIS WEEK IS DIA FRAMPTON

Probably my favorite from S1. Her blind is just ok, nothing exciting, but Heartless and Losing My Religion are so good. Definitely recommend watching those. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Harmat said:

IIRC:

Top 13 was her moment in believing there was a shot for her to contend. Gyth still existed, but I thought she could at least make the Top 2. Especially with her receiving the Apple Music bonus.

Top 4 Cover and her stats gave an indicator that she had a shot. I still gave 50/50 though, Team Blake was a pain that season.

I was never confident, but I knew she had a shot, so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Harmat said:

It was clear around the cross battles that it would come down to her and Gyth, then Gyth pulled a Kirk, and rest was a formality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Harmat said:

It became pretty clear that at least she was gonna make the Top 2 after Cross Battles. It was between her and Gyth. I remember many thinking Gyth had it due to his  Top 8 song choice, but he didn´t pull it off, so it was a given.

Before Cross Battles though, (and even some after that), the majority thought Jej was going to be her main competition. It quickly became clear that it wasn´t gonna be the case though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It became pretty clear that at least she was gonna make the Top 2 after Cross Battles. It was between her and Gyth. I remember many thinking Gyth had it due to his  Top 8 song choice, but he didn´t pull it off, so it was a given.

Before Cross Battles though, (and even some after that), the majority thought Jej was going to be her main competition. It quickly became clear that it wasn´t gonna be the case though.

I called Jej’s “support” smoke and mirrors from the beginning. He was never a threat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I called Jej’s “support” smoke and mirrors from the beginning. He was never a threat. 

You probably did, but I remember some others who were pretty sure that he was gonna go far. I was kinda in the middle. Gyth did stick out to me as a more realistic competitor for Maelyn.

I just saw the comments on the journey video for Kennedy Holmes and a lot of the people commenting were mad that she didn't win and said that Chevel only won because she was country, despite being monotonous throughout the season. I wasn't around to watch season 15 so did Chevel really only win because of the country fans and was Kennedy robbed of the season 15 title? 

2 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I just saw the comments on the journey video for Kennedy Holmes and a lot of the people commenting were mad that she didn't win and said that Chevel only won because she was country, despite being monotonous throughout the season. I wasn't around to watch season 15 so did Chevel really only win because of the country fans and was Kennedy robbed of the season 15 title? 

No, her age also played a part and no, Kennedy wasn’t robbed lol. Chevel was one of the most consistent that season. She wasn’t monotonous either, that’s just a common thing country haters say. She showed her versatility in “Little White Church” and “Blue” and gave emotional performances too with “Space Cowboy” and “Broken Hearts.” 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Blah, blah, bah..... 

:P

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Chevel had some amazing performances & was one of the most (if not the most) consistent contestants that season. Should Kennedy have placed higher? 💯 Was she robbed? Nope. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IMO both Chevel and Kennedy made it farther than they should have. It's insane that the top 4 was Chevel, Kirk, Chris, and Kennedy in a season with Kymberli Joye, Natasia, Zaxai, RADHA, Abby Cates (even though she got bussed she still deserved better), and MAKENZIE THOMAS. 

Also totally random note, but I just saw that the "infamous" Jeremiah Miller from S13 made an IG post a while ago describing how his mom illegally recorded his KO rehearsal and pretended to delete it, but he kept it as proof that the good parts of his KO got cut out? He also mentioned how he very clearly didn't want to sing "Sorry", but the producers forced him into picking it, and he wanted to clap back at the coaches when they told him it was a bad song choice, but he didn't want to risk his chances of missing out on the Coach's Comeback :wacko: He would've been steamrolled by Noah no matter what song he chose, but he did sound slightly better in the clip he posted and it shows how real bussing is. 

Edited by ikwonic

3 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

IMO both Chevel and Kennedy made it farther than they should have. It's insane that the top 4 was Chevel, Kirk, Chris, and Kennedy in a season with Kymberli Joye, Natasia, Zaxai, RADHA, Abby Cates (even though she got bussed she still deserved better), and MAKENZIE THOMAS. 

She was so bad in the playoffs, I’m just going to assume this is a troll comment.

• Like 1