The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

48 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Too many comments I'm not willing to read above, but this 100%.

So much complaining for Jim and Sasha. Like no, whether you liked them or not - they were consistent. Call them consistently average or consistently boring or whatever - they were consistent and the audience loved them, so the audience voted. Ariana had nothing to do with them making it as far as they did. They landed in the bottom and both IS performances were wonky and they pulled through. They got PV the week after because they didn't flop like Holly and Jeremy did and that's that, sorry y'all. :haha:

Β 

So much hostility towards them. Just blame minivan if you're upset they got that far, not Ari. And I loved Bella and Raquel - but let's face it, they would've been gone within 1-2 rounds tops. J&S lasted much longer but were equally deserving.

Β 

Aaaand their KO was excellent and I will not accept any opinion otherwise.

Consistently boring is pretty bad imo.

Β 

They did have good performances (like their KO), but I would have rather seen other acts go farther.

Β 

I think Bella could have gone far if there was a Twitter vote or even if not.Β 

Β 

Also, β€œI will not accept any opinion otherwise” lmao okay I agree but dang you really like them do you?

• Like 4

The only opinion I won't accept, is if anyone thinks Miss Celine Dion wouldn't be a great coach. She slayed as a mentor for Gwen's team in S12, so if she takes the time to do even one season of coaching....

Β 

I would just be commenting on her presence alone lmao. I swear what do I have to give to have her coach one season? 😭

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

One lesson learned is if a contestant has consistently good stats, maybe negative comments shouldn’t be taken so seriously. I’m not suggesting to completely ignore it, but the raw data (views, likes, ratios) are more indicative than the opinions of a very loud (and rude) minority of viewers. Β 

I think a big part is to pay attention to which contestants have the biggest and/or most passionate fanbases. A lot of winners in recent years have had these. GNT had a very large fanbase this season, as evident by FB and iTunes numbers, but I remember Jake and Todd having lots of dedicated fans on Facebook as well, which should have been a sign that they were going to win

1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

Consistently boring is pretty bad imo.

Β 

They did have good performances (like their KO), but I would have rather seen other acts go farther.

Β 

I think Bella could have gone far if there was a Twitter vote or even if not.Β 

Β 

Also, β€œI will not accept any opinion otherwise” lmao okay I agree but dang you really like them do you?

The opinion otherwise is just referring to their KO because they were getting a lot of hate in advance but nailed it nonethelessΒ ;)

Β 

Bella probably could've gotten a Twitter save but the trajectory she was going on wasn't a good one, and the voting audience (FB) already lost interest/thought she was bad. Even though she had one of the strongest blind/battle combos in recent memory.

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

I think a big part is to pay attention to which contestants have the biggest and/or most passionate fanbases. A lot of winners in recent years have had these. GNT had a very large fanbase this season, as evident by FB and iTunes numbers, but I remember Jake and Todd having lots of dedicated fans on Facebook as well, which should have been a sign that they were going to win

I didn't follow Jake during season 17 and therefore can't say about him, but Todd and GNT also had strong support from local fans. It made a difference for those contestants, Chris Kroeze, and others. The journey becomes a major news story in a smaller town. Businesses and schools put up signs. Large watch parties are held on Monday nights, and all those people are probably casting votes. It's harder for competitors from big cities to get that much attention every week.

Maybe for S22, they can introduce a playoff steal/saveΒ for the 3rd member of the team instead of just a coach save.

Β 

What I mean is, after the PVs are announced, a coach can save a remaining contestant from her/his team OR steal a contestant from the other teams. This process will be done after the 8 PVs are announced. As to the order of the coach to choose the save or steal, it can be done by random drawing. Carson can pick the name of the coach from a hat; or the coaches can pick a number (1 to 4) from a hat, #1 goes first.Β 

Β 

Then after the saves/steals are chosen, Carson can announce the remaining contestant in each team with highest vote for the wildcard sing-off.

Β 

If there is a playoff steal, coaches can be strategic and pick a better performing contestant from other teams to strengthen his/her own team.

Β 

Another option is, instead of Top 13, make it Top 16 after the playoffs, with 2 PVs, a coach save, and a steal (from other teams) by random order.

Β 

Β 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

The Jim and Sasha hate reminds me a bit of Braiden Sunshine. Weren’t the best on their team, idf clearly didn’t like them. But probably deserved to win battles/KO and then was chosen, repeatedly, by the public…which was somehow the coaches faultΒ 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RTV said:

I didn't follow Jake during season 17 and therefore can't say about him, but Todd and GNT also had strong support from local fans. It made a difference for those contestants, Chris Kroeze, and others. The journey becomes a major news story in a smaller town. Businesses and schools put up signs. Large watch parties are held on Monday nights, and all those people are probably casting votes. It's harder for competitors from big cities to get that much attention every week.

I was reading comments that season and Hoot mania was often talked about. He was the first contestant with a fanbase nickname β€œHooters”, and kept winning most streamed.Β 

Β 

I know Todd also had Facebook groups with thousands of members dedicated to voting for him. These probably weren’t strictly local fanbases, but they definitely help explain why they won

Edited by Cookie73

9 hours ago, RTV said:

Β 

Season 13 showed that vigorous local support won't always carry it. Chloe was from Nashville and largely unknown there and there was another more traditional Nashville contestant in the finale (also on Blake's team), while Addison had the strong local support, viewing parties, etc.

Β 

Edited by WastedinMemphis

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

One lesson learned is if a contestant has consistently good stats, maybe negative comments shouldn’t be taken so seriously. I’m not suggesting to completely ignore it, but the raw data (views, likes, ratios) are more indicative than the opinions of a very loud (and rude) minority of viewers. Β 

It did happen with Katie Kadan though. She had better stats than Hoot and Ricky, often by a large margin, but the comments for her were brutal on FB.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Someone648 said:

The opinion otherwise is just referring to their KO because they were getting a lot of hate in advance but nailed it nonethelessΒ ;)

Β 

Bella probably could've gotten a Twitter save but the trajectory she was going on wasn't a good one, and the voting audience (FB) already lost interest/thought she was bad. Even though she had one of the strongest blind/battle combos in recent memory.

I don’t remember them getting a lot of hate, but I agree that they deserved to advance over a decent amount of other Ariana members. Only Raquel, Katie, and David had better KOs imo, and their KOs were all really strong.

Β 

Bella’s blind and battle were both good, but relistening, I don’t like them quite as much as I used to. I initially thought that her blind was one of the best of the season (same with battle), but I noticed that her high notes are really grating. She should stick to using her falsetto and soft voice since those are her strengths. This also highlights the need to know vocal strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1

Just now, Someone648 said:

I mean that's fine but if I have to wait a whole 6-7 months without the show only to find out we're getting Nick Jonas, Imma be rightfully pissed.

Yeah, I’m hoping for either someone entirely new or Gwen/Miley/Kelsea/Alicia.

• Like 2

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Or if they're saving the entire budget for just one season, let's get Gaga in there. ;)

Might as well. This season showed they can have 2 pop females (I know, it's an understatement but w/e) on the panel and still have rather even teams.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I want either Alicia or Jennifer ,the dynamics of Kelly’s outgoing, talkative , and funny nature and Alicia Super wise and Zen nature was very entertaining in s14 .JHUD is just amazing and hilarious and the dynamics will be amazing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

what if "he who shall not be spoken" returns

I doubt it. Both TPTB and him were clearly done with each other. And Minivan will crush his team again.

Β 

I miss his and Blake's banter, but there's really no point in him coming back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I doubt it. Both TPTB and him were clearly done with each other. And Minivan will crush his team again.

Β 

I miss his and Blake's banter, but there's really no point in him coming back.

The contestants who auditioned on his seasons were more interesting.Β  I dont blame him for being irritated at TPTB after season 16...