The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

Gwen is not the most entertaining coach there can be, and she and Blake can be too much at times, but I do like the artists she brings to the show. Her last two teamsΒ (S17-S19) were fantastic, and as a whole she knows what to do with the more excentric artists. Artists that wonΒ΄t be approved by Minivan, but at least we can be able to watch do their thing for a while under her mentorship.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Honestly I would question anyone that chose him unless they are old.

Online estimates put his net worth at $1.2 billion, making him, β€œthe most successful musician of all time.” 
Β 

Maybe the contestants would think they could learn something from him. It would be similar to picking Dolly Parton.Β 
Β 

Β 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Online estimates put his net worth at $1.2 billion, making him, β€œthe most successful musician of all time.” 
Β 

Maybe the contestants would think they could learn something from him. It would be similar to picking Dolly Parton.Β 
Β 

Β 

I'm aware of his past but does he keep up with everything that is going on now? Dolly does at least.

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I'm aware of his past but does he keep up with everything that is going on now? Dolly does at least.

They don’t have to know what’s going on now to be a successor coach on The Voice. Most of the audience is his age. πŸ˜‚Β 

23 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Honestly I would question anyone that chose him unless they are old.

I kinda see what you mean, since heΒ΄s not gonna take care of anyone after the show, but The Beatles pretty much have stepped in almost every music genre there is, and became pretty much precusors of it, so the knowledge this man has is something. Many could definitely pick up something from that.Β 

Edited by Misirlou

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I guess it depends then if you wanna be just successful on the show or in real life.Β 

Look at the song choices of the top 3 season 21 finishers, and that will tell you all you need to know. They chose songs that appeal to the older audience. Putting that aside, I’m not sure why you’re making the assumption that he doesn’t stay up to speed with current music. Β 

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Look at the song choices of the top 3 season 21 finishers, and that will tell you all you need to know. They chose songs that appeal to the older audience. Putting that aside, I’m not sure why you’re making the assumption that he doesn’t stay up to speed with current music. Β 

Because most old people don't. Sure he could be the exception to that rule of course I don't actually know the guy but I still think you are likely way better off with Kelly or Blake.Β 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Because most old people don't. Sure he could be the exception to that rule of course I don't actually know the guy but I still think you are likely way better off with Kelly or Blake.Β 

Most of the people who watch the show and vote are old. Again, they don’t need to know about current music to be successful on this show. He could feed them 60s, 70s, and 80s week after week. That’s what Blake does, so what’s the difference?

Edited by TeamAudra

10 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I seriously had the trouble of logging in to my account just to react to the idea of someone dissing Sir Paul McCartney, one of the biggest influences contemporary music has even seen in the entire world, as... a coach on The Voice? And still he wouldn't hold a candle to Kelly Clarkson and Blake Shelton? WHAT?Β 

Β 

ANY MUSICIAN who would have the slightest possibility of acquiring a piece of wisdom from any remaining Beatle is blessed. Be it on a reality competition or any other venue. That's it.Β 

Β 

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, SNI2 said:

I seriously had the trouble of logging in to my account just to react to the idea of someone dissing Sir Paul McCartney, one of the biggest influences contemporary music has even seen in the entire world, as... a coach on The Voice? And still he wouldn't hold a candle to Kelly Clarkson and Blake Shelton? WHAT?Β 

Β 

ANY MUSICIAN who would have the slightest possibility of acquiring a piece of wisdom from any remaining Beatle is blessed. Be it on a reality competition or any other venue. That's it.Β 

Β 

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think it would be really cool to see him as a coach, and he definitely has Minivan appeal. The only thing is that I can see him not wanting to do it.

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I think it would be really cool to see him as a coach, and he definitely has Minivan appeal. The only thing is that I can see him not wanting to do it.

For sure he has Minivan appeal, but indeed, not in a million years I would see him wanting to do this.Β 

Β 

The closest thing I can hope is that heΒ΄d come as a mega mentor, since they got James Taylor, but I still think itΒ΄s a longshot.

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Yeah, I can’t see someone of his stature being interested in doing that. He has better things to do, and definitely doesn’t need the money.Β 

• 2 weeks later...