The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

Ariana was not a good coach by any means when it came to actually coaching her artists, she was tooooooooo emotional attached, favored mediocrity over actually good performances and talented artists . Had blatant favoritism to arguably one of the most consistently pitchy and mediocre singers aka J&S. Her song choices were extremely questionable. Saw Holly as a full on powerhouse even tho she wasn’t and picked a song that costed Holly the semifinals .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Ariana was not a good coach by any means when it came to actually coaching her artists, she was tooooooooo emotional attached, favored mediocrity over actually good performances and talented artists . Had blatant favoritism to arguably one of the most consistently pitchy and mediocre singers aka J&S. Her song choices were extremely questionable. Saw Holly as a full on powerhouse even tho she wasn’t and picked a song that costed Holly the semifinals .

lol go off

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Yes, Ariana made some questionable decisions last season that arguably left her without a finalist, but I think a lot of people (on here at least) are overexaggerating the negatives and not taking the time to appreciate what she has done for the contestants, and I’m not just talking about the ones on her team.

(I also think part of the reason she is getting some much hate on here is that people feel she’s easy to bash because she’s a huge celebrity who’s probably never going to see this. She’s a human and deserves the same respect that you would give another individual - and yes, I’m guilty of this too) 

The “saw Holly as a full on powerhouse” complaint is interesting - first of all, she let Holly do “Torn” in the Playoffs, second of all, what was she supposed to think after her KO song choice, Superstar? The blame should not be thrown on Ari.

And favoritism for J&S (the hate for them in here is disgusting btw, but I’ll leave it for now) Yes, she loved them, but she only got them to the Playoffs. AMERICA voted them through each week. And if you’re referring to the Instant Save, is Ari’s crying really going to influence Minivan’s votes - I mean come on…

The coaching complaint is another interesting one, since I’ve never heard a coach talk more about vocal health than her. And being a coach is more than just support on performances, it’s about being there for the people who need it - Ari is and always has been in her contestants’ corner in terms of support. 

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

I think it’s time to give up on the idea that Holly was going to be the Team Ariana savior. Even if she would have managed to make the semi-finals, I’m almost certain she would have been singing for the save, and based on the save performance we got in the top 10, it would have been the end of the road for her. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think it’s time to give up on the idea that Holly was going to be the Team Ariana savior. Even if she would have managed to make the semi-finals, I’m almost certain she would have been singing for the save, and based on the save performance we got in the top 10, it would have been the end of the road for her. 

I'm not giving up a thing.  I really do think the Holly could've been her team's savior.  The problem was that Ariana just didn't understand her enough.  Or wasted so much time with Jim & Sasha and Ryleigh that she didn't even think about what Holly could actually do for her.

Edited by Rodney

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

I'm not giving up a thing.  I really do think the Holly could've been her team's savior.  The problem was that Ariana just didn't understand her enough.  Or wasted so much time with Jim & Sasha and Ryleigh that she didn't even think about what Holly could actually do for her.

You can hang on to it all you want, but it won’t change the result. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You can hang on to it all you want, but it won’t change the result. 

Did I say it would?  Did I?!  Not even close.😡

I was simply saying that Ariana was so laser-focused and tunnel-visioned on her personal obsessions that she didn't see the gem she actually had.  The gem who could've put up an actual fight with the star players of the other teams.  And in the end, it cost her everything.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rodney said:

Did I say it would?  Did I?!  Not even close.😡

I was simply saying that Ariana was so laser-focused and tunnel-visioned on her personal obsessions that she didn't see the gem she actually had.  The gem who could've put up an actual fight with the star players of the other teams.  And in the end, it cost her everything.

How about if I just call as I saw it and say she wasn’t good enough, including in her instant save. Holly probably at least has the maturity to understand that. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

How about if I just call as I saw it and say she wasn’t good enough, including in her instant save. Holly probably at least has the maturity to understand that. 

You can if you want.  I just don't and won't agree with you.  I think she was plenty good.  She unfortunately had a coach who didn't get her.  It's why, in hindsight, I think that if she had picked John instead (for the steal), he would have gotten her just fine and treated her much better.  Ariana just plain didn't.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

You can if you want.  I just don't and won't agree with you.  I think she was plenty good.  She unfortunately had a coach who didn't get her.  It's why, in hindsight, I think that if she had picked John instead (for the steal), he would have gotten her just fine and treated her much better.  Ariana just plain didn't.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She was given “The Dance” in the pimp spot and couldn’t even deliver on that. I don’t know what else to tell you. Apparently, you greatly overestimated her vocals, and still to this day can’t admit it.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

She was given “The Dance” in the pimp spot and couldn’t even deliver on that. I don’t know what else to tell you. Apparently, you greatly overestimated her vocals, and still to this day can’t admit it.  

I'm not going to admit to something that I don't believe.  I shouldn't be forced to do that, nor should anyone else.

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She sounded gorgeous imo. The only issue was that Minivan didn’t get it. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

She sounded gorgeous imo. The only issue was that Minivan didn’t get it. 🤷‍♂️ 

In your opinion. I don’t think it was good enough on that iconic song. Anyway, I’m done talking about that. 

Paris right now is going off on people for bashing GNT. He says everyone won the moment they were announced as finalists. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

In your opinion. I don’t think it was good enough on that iconic song. Anyway, I’m done talking about that. 

Paris right now is going off on people for bashing GNT. He says everyone won the moment they were announced as finalists. 

That's good of him to do. Wendy is probably embarrassed to see the way her fans are reacting to the situation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yes, you keep saying that, and i keep saying "no, please", i want her to stay focused on her music. She has some re-recordings to do. 

Also, if Arianators didn't have any effect in the voting, Swifties won't either (i'm saying this as a Swiftie), and this is not debatible. 

As for the first point, that’s understandable, but Ariana, a very current artist, coached, so what’s different about her? Is being a coach that huge of a commitment that you can’t record? What if we just waited until say, S25?

As for the second point, I am not completely sure about that. 

I really can’t stand Minivan. They vote for certain artists with so much passion and then almost never support those artists off the show. If the voting audience wasn’t just a bunch of southern and midwestern boomers that didn’t give a rat’s a** about the contestant’s careers but instead were committed, I wouldn’t mind them voting so passionately for certain contestants.

I watch this show to find artists that I want to support. And I will keep watching the show. But I really needed to rant here.

Also even Holly’s audition wasn’t that good. I think she’s a pretty generic vocalist that shouldn’t have gone that far. From the battle clip showed, I preferred Wyatt, and he would have been more interesting. Her not being able to get far could partially be due to Ariana but also due to not being that good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Also even Holly’s audition wasn’t that good. I think she’s a pretty generic vocalist that shouldn’t have gone that far. From the battle clip showed, I preferred Wyatt, and he would have been more interesting. Her not being able to get far could partially be due to Ariana but also due to not being that good.

I realize this may have sounded harsh, but what I mean is that I never personally felt much when she sang. She isn’t a bad vocalist, but I would have rather seen others go farther.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yes, Ariana made some questionable decisions last season that arguably left her without a finalist, but I think a lot of people (on here at least) are overexaggerating the negatives and not taking the time to appreciate what she has done for the contestants, and I’m not just talking about the ones on her team.

(I also think part of the reason she is getting some much hate on here is that people feel she’s easy to bash because she’s a huge celebrity who’s probably never going to see this. She’s a human and deserves the same respect that you would give another individual - and yes, I’m guilty of this too) 

The “saw Holly as a full on powerhouse” complaint is interesting - first of all, she let Holly do “Torn” in the Playoffs, second of all, what was she supposed to think after her KO song choice, Superstar? The blame should not be thrown on Ari.

And favoritism for J&S (the hate for them in here is disgusting btw, but I’ll leave it for now) Yes, she loved them, but she only got them to the Playoffs. AMERICA voted them through each week. And if you’re referring to the Instant Save, is Ari’s crying really going to influence Minivan’s votes - I mean come on…

The coaching complaint is another interesting one, since I’ve never heard a coach talk more about vocal health than her. And being a coach is more than just support on performances, it’s about being there for the people who need it - Ari is and always has been in her contestants’ corner in terms of support. 

why did you spill?

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Too many comments I'm not willing to read above, but this 100%.

So much complaining for Jim and Sasha. Like no, whether you liked them or not - they were consistent. Call them consistently average or consistently boring or whatever - they were consistent and the audience loved them, so the audience voted. Ariana had nothing to do with them making it as far as they did. They landed in the bottom and both IS performances were wonky and they pulled through. They got PV the week after because they didn't flop like Holly and Jeremy did and that's that, sorry y'all. :haha:

So much hostility towards them. Just blame minivan if you're upset they got that far, not Ari. And I loved Bella and Raquel - but let's face it, they would've been gone within 1-2 rounds tops. J&S lasted much longer but were equally deserving.

Aaaand their KO was excellent and I will not accept any opinion otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

That's good of him to do. Wendy is probably embarrassed to see the way her fans are reacting to the situation.

She’s been getting bashed all season and still is. It’s been one of the rougher seasons on social media that I can remember. They all have their fans, but their detractors seem more bold and outspoken than usual. I read the stuff, but I simply do not comment about the show on social media. Anything I have to say, I say it here. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She’s been getting bashed all season and still is. It’s been one of the rougher seasons on social media that I can remember. They all have their fans, but their detractors seem more bold and outspoken than usual. I read the stuff, but I simply do not comment about the show on social media. Anything I have to say, I say it here. 

Yeah most of the voice stuff I just post here. I'll tweet about the show on occasion but that doesn't usually get much traction. Until after the finale happened and then some randos attacked me for voting for and rooting for GNT. Obviously I couldn't care less what these randos were saying but they were definitely being super vicious to everyone that night.

• Like 1

One lesson learned is if a contestant has consistently good stats, maybe negative comments shouldn’t be taken so seriously. I’m not suggesting to completely ignore it, but the raw data (views, likes, ratios) are more indicative than the opinions of a very loud (and rude) minority of viewers.  

Edited by TeamAudra