Rank the Blinds: Season 20 Episode 5

David68

Choose your favorite.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite night 5 blind that turned a chair?

• Savanna Woods - Zombie
    • Rachel Mac - Let Him Fly
    • Lindsay Joan - Nightmare
    • Rio Doyle - When We Were Young
    • Jordan Matthew Young - I'm No Stranger to the Rain
    • Zania Alake - Sweet Love
    • Savanna Chestnut - Hold Me Now
    • Anna Grace - my future
  2. 2. Favorite night 5 blind that got no chairs?

• Almond & Olive - Wildflowers
    • Tyler Kohrs - More Hearts Than Mine
    • NadiaNicole - I Wanna Be Down

Their inexperience is showing through
8. Rachel Mac

7. Rio Doyle

Would have liked them better on a different song

6. Jordan Matthew Young

5. Anna Grace

Pretty good

4. Savanna Chestnut

3. Lindsay Joan

2. Savanna Woods - I watched this on IGTV and for some reason it sounded weird on there, but when I watched it on YT it sounded 100% better, so I moved her from my initial 5 to 2.

The kind of AA female I like to see on this show

1. Zania Alake

Edited by Teraginn

1. Rachel Mac - Let Him Fly
2. Zania Alaké - Sweet Love
3. Lindsay Joan - Nightmare
4. Anna Grace - my future
5. Savanna Woods - Zombie
6. Savanna Chestnut - Hold Me Now
7. Rio Doyle - When We Were Young
8. Jordan Matthew Young - I'm No Stranger to the Rain

1. Almond & Olive - Wildflowers
2. NadiaNicole - I Wanna Be Down
3. Tyler Kohrs - More Hearts Than Mine

Pretty solid night!

1. Savanna Woods (9.5/10) - This was pretty much everything I could've wanted from her. Unique tone, fantastic song choice, making it her own while still being faithful to the original. She just nailed it. Gonna be one of my favorites of the season for sure!

2. Zania Alake (9.5/10) - Such a wonderful, well-paced audition. Every second was better than the last and you can tell she's still got a whole lot more left in the tank! Loved her. She's definitely a threat!

3. Lindsay Joan (8.5/10) - Her vocals are killer! She seems to be a bit stuck in her theatrical roots there, but she's got potential!

4. Savanna Chestnut (8/10) - Lovely flip! The only thing that kept me from giving it a higher score is that she didn't take it to where she needed to at the end. Was hoping for a bigger finish. Nonetheless, well done! Love her tone as well!

5. Anna Grace (7.5/10) - We've talked a lot about Anna Grace but overall she was pretty pleasant! Nice tone and you can definitely see that with a different song, her voice would've come off as a lot better and she probably still would've gotten a 4-chair turn!

6. Rio Doyle (7.5/10) - Her tone is really big for a 16-year old! You can tell she still needs to fine tune her voice, but it was a very pleasant audition!

7. Jordan Matthew Young (7.5/10) - No complaints from me here! He was pretty solid.

8. Rachel Mac (6.5/10) - Girl had nerves for DAYS! I'm confident she'll be 1000x better next time but this is the most clear cut case of nerves affecting a blind in a while. She can definitely only go up from here though! A lot of pleasant parts to her voice, especially the vibrato. She's just gotta take some breaths and control it better.

I have to give my girl Anna the top spot. But Zania proved to be a force as well. I'm very excited for her in the future and hopefully she can strive on Team John.

Savanna Woods slayed as well, I really liked her more than I expected. 

Bruh, Jordan was boring and goes to the bottom-

Collection of women here slaying(mostly, but others like Rachel had potential) Loved this Episode.

AMAZING

1. Savanna Woods - That was way better than I expected it to be. She absolutely killed it! Her voice is incredible.

2. Lindsay Joan - It was a tough call between this and Savanna W, but I'm giving Lindsay props for transforming a song that I really don't like into something beautiful.

3. Zania Alaké - I feel like she showed just enough to leave an impression, but also make us curious as to what else she can do. I'm excited for her future performances!

They did great as well!

4. Anna Grace - Wasn't the biggest fan when the leak came out, but it has grown on me a fair bit. It definitely isn't perfect, but she made lots of interesting choices.

5. Savanna Chestnut - I expect her to be meh, not gonna lie, but she has such a sweet, pure tone that's very easy on the ears! She didn't go much of anywhere vocally, but I really enjoyed the performance.

6. Rio Doyle - She's definitely a little green, there were some iffy parts in her performance, but overall she did great! She has a pretty distinct tone.

Pretty boring but he's ok

7. Jordan Matthew Young - Expected him to be better ngl. I blame it on the song choice.

8. Rachel Mac - I'm sorry but the overused vibrato was so distracting. The nerves were very apparent. Hopefully Nick can help her get a hold of herself.

Slay

1. Savanna W. - The tone, the rasp, the song choice... Favorite audition of the season.

2. Zania - Trying really hard to see anything to complain about this performance. Still nothing.

3. Lindsay - Really strong performance! Have to give this one to @Bk1234, didn’t expect her to be this good.

Good job!

4. Anna - Felt really fresh, really enjoyed it!

5. Savanna C. - Probably my favorite country performer this season.

6. Rio - Intriguing tone. Need to hear more.

7. Jordan - A bit sleepy but he was solid.

Oof

8. Rachel - I feel like she had a pretty tone under all the nerves, but this particular performance didn’t work for me.

Really strong episode, and I was ready to give up on this season lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

AMAZING

1. Savanna Woods - That was way better than I expected it to be. She absolutely killed it! Her voice is incredible.

2. Lindsay Joan - It was a tough call between this and Savanna W, but I'm giving Lindsay props for transforming a song that I really don't like into something beautiful.

3. Zania Alaké - I feel like she showed just enough to leave an impression, but also make us curious as to what else she can do. I'm excited for her future performances!

🥳

1. Zania Alake (9.5/10)- this is probably the first time I've heard someone singing Sweet Love on stage (Larriah would've but that was a studio) of The Voice and I think she KILLED it. Her performance was my most favorite among all aa woman (except Gih ofc) this season. Her voice's like so smooth but powerful, can't wait to hear more.

2. Lindsay Joan (9.0)- Presley's power + Kelsie's control and range = yas!

3. Savanna Woods (8.5)- I'm not a fan of her tone but I love her range, her rasp, and her interpretation of that song (the best imo, without a bias)

4. Anna Grace Felten (8.0)- not her best but that was like still really good. I love her tone so much

5. Rio Lana (7.0)- I'm tired of that song but I am so intrigued by her interpretation of it, felt her emotions while singing.

6. Savanna Chesnut (5.5)- not a fan but she did a decent job

7. Rachel Mac (4.5)- you can definitely hear her nerves, but she's got range and strong vibrato, I hope she improves in the upcoming rounds.

8. Jordan Matthew Young (3.0)- decent

Edited by anonymouskid_35

1. Zania (A-, she killed it and I want to see her next steps on the show)
  2. Savanna W. (A-, that was a really cool version of the song and I think she's going to be one to watch)
  3. Lindsay (A-, power + range + tone = chef's kiss)
  4. Anna (B, it was a creative take on the song but I think a different song would've highlighted her voice better)
  5. Savanna C. (B, pretty tone and I'm surprised Kelly didn't turn but I think she's in good hands with Blake)
  6. Jordan (B, the honorary Waffle House member was just "eh" to me but it was on-pitch and decent enough that I can't really dock him for anything vocally)
  7. Rio (B-, not crazy about her tone but Adele is a big ask of vocalists of any age and she did pretty well with it)
  8. Rachel (B-, she seems likable and like she's got a good head on her shoulders so I hate to put her last but her nerves were pretty evident; she's got a ton of potential though)

The fact that Lindsay, who was one of my pre-season faves, is third, says a lot about the strength of last night's episode.

Fuz's Standings (week 3)

Zae Romeo: A

Cam Anthony: A

Victor Solomon: A

Avery Roberson: A

Corey Ward: A-

Dana Monique: A-

Halley Greg: A-

Raine Stern: A-

Jose Figueroa Jr.: A-

Savanna Woods: A-

Ryleigh Modig: B+

Zania Alaké: B+

Gean Garcia: B+

Lindsay Joan: B+

Carolina Rial: B+

Durell Anthony: B+

Deion Warren: B+

Pete Mroz: B

Pia Renee: B

Rachel Mac: B

Jordan Matthew Young: B

Bradley Sinclair: B

Kenzie Wheeler: B

Savanna Chestnut: B
Kenzie Wheeler but on Team Blake: B

Andrew Marshall: B-

Anna Grace: B-

Connor Christian: B-

Ciana Pelekai: B-

Aaron Konzelman: B-
Devan Blake Jones: B-

Rio Doyle: C+

Gihanna Zoë: C+

Christine Cain: C

Emma Caroline: C

JD Casper: C

Savanna Chestnut - "Hold Me Now" by Thompson Twins
What a refreshing rendition! I think I loved everything about this. A, but as close to an A+ as you can get.

Lindsay Joan - "Nightmare" by Halsey
Great vocal control and a nice version of the song and I can't ask for more, really. A

Zania Alaké - "Sweet Love" by Anita Baker
Honestly, there is not much I can say. She was excellent and extremely smooth. A

Savanna Woods - "Zombie" by the Cranberries
Really liked this one. She's got a cool tone and the delivery was pretty solid. A-

Anna Grace - "my future" by Billie Eilish
I enjoy her tone, but would like to hear a different song. Liked her take, though. B+

Rio Doyle - "When We Were Young" by Adele
Sounds green, but her tone is really really interesting to me. She's got potential. B-

Jordan Matthew Young - "I'm No Stranger to the Rain" by Keith Whitley
His voice got better as the song went on, but for the most part, I just felt like the /shrug emoji. It was okay. C+

Rachel Mac - "Let Him Fly" by Patty Griffin
My main issue was just that she sounded nervous. I'd like to hear more from her, though. C

1. Lindsay Joan - Nightmare

2. Rio Doyle - When We Were Young
3. Anna Grace - my future
4. Zania Alake - Sweet Love
5. Rachel Mac - Let Him Fly
6. Savanna Woods - Zombie
7. Savanna Chestnut - Hold Me Now
8. Jordan Matthew Young - I'm No Stranger to the Rain

• 2 weeks later...

1. Savanna Woods (This was the best of the night, also the best version of the song)

2. Anna Grace (She was a deserving four chair turn)

3. Savanna Chestnut (Huge surprise)

4. Zania Alake

5. Rio Doyle

6. Lindsay Joan

7. Jordan Matthew Young

8. Rachel Mac

• Like 1