@*Chris - 4/20

@Elliott - 4/20

@sublymonal - 4/20

@*Diana - 6/20

@QueenKalie - 9/20

@JC - 18/20

@Steven_ - 19/20

Akshar

*THROWS SHOES* Quite possible the GREATEST PERFORMANCE EVER ON AMERICAN IDOL, MAYBE EVEN ANY SINGING SHOW!!! She didn't have to come out here and SLAY US ALL THIS HARD!!! She pulled off some impressive notes and made it look so effortless and Candice looked absolutely STUNNING whilst doing so with ease! Just truly the best performance on American Idol, periodt. Easily gets my 1st place.

Zoey

This performance will forever be iconic. It was insane!

Sola

When I think of the best performances of all time.  This sticks out to my as the single best performance to ever come out of American Idol.  I don’t know if there will ever be another performance of this caliber again.

Lily

The GOAT of all American Idol performances, hope IDF knows to give Candice her flowers once again in this ranking.

Crisis

Widely considered to be the best Idol performance of all time, Lovesong is certainly an iconic performance, and it would’ve been a huge upset had this not won S12. It ranks second for me and is my third favorite Idol performance. Unless there are some serious tanks for this performance, I predict Lovesong to finish at the top of this ranking.

Amanda

There's a reason it won its season with so many #1 rankings. This is perfection. Candice slayed her competition all season long, but this was her defining moment on the show.

Alex

While I am partial to the ~moment~ of "I "Who Have Nothing" and had to support David Cook as my favorite Idol ever, I just can't argue that this isn't objectively the greatest performance in Idol history. Because it is.

Gigi

Performance of the season! Her voice is amazing.

Wally

anigif_enhanced-2353-1428952643-7.gif

Candice Glover "Lovesong" is undeniably such an amazing and incredible, and definitely the performance of the season imo. I am sure a lot of us predict this to win, and it may be the predictable winner - but it really does deserve to win. I am certain there will be some tankers here but hopefully it doesn't rob this of it's rightful win. I will be judging those people hardcore with that disrespect. I do feel this performance will get the most #1 rankings over any other performance, or so I hope so. I do also have to thank Alex & Amanda for advancing this through into the finals, because it would have been criminal not having this in the Top 20.

I will admit, I like "Lovesong" as a song but was never really that crazy about. That all changed once Candice sang this, as she made me appreciate this song more. She put this song into a whole new light and delivered such an outstanding performance here. I love how she took such an unexpected song choice and made it her own. I love the arrangement, I love her emotional connection but I love her vocal delivery even more here. I love all of the different vocal dynamics and range she showed here. She showed lots of colors and shades to her voice! She poured so  passion into this. The way she sang that "however far away" and "however long I staayyyyy" parts were insane. :omg::dead:  Randy's reaction was me there. Candice just gave a perfect amazing vocal from start to finish. I got chills all over! Mariah also sprinkling glitter on Candice was deserved because Candice delivered a performance of a QUEEN! she truly delivered one of the best performances in American Idol history right here! :omg: It's kind of a shame only Randy commented on this but his comment of calling it one of the greatest performances of the history of this show really said it all. And Candice's crying after this was so touching.

Reason for this #3 ranking: "Lovesong" was such an incredible and legenardy performance from Candice Glover. It probably did seem like one of the most obvious wins for its respective season but it was totally deserving of that. This performance really holds its own amongst all of these incredible performances. It's one I still really love and get massive chills over. So placing this 3rd was quite an easy decision for me here. I still have two more performances I go back and watch more often than this one, but it's still sooo close behind those two performances for me.

Derek

Pure perfection and professionalism. She deserves so much more mainstream success. Let's find her a Jennifer Hudson moment to shine.

Nico

I love this a lot and have little else to say that hasn’t already been about it. She delivered one of the best Idol performances ever with this, even if it’s not my favorite from hers.

Richard

Even if I think it’s a bit on the overrated side, this was still a masterclass of a performance. Candice was very intentional in her delivery, landing all sorts of tricks with her runs but doing so in a deliberate way. She nailed the seductive but refined feeling of the song, and overall, her vocal was nearly flawless. If only it weren’t for the demon scream halfway through.

Chris

Easily one of the GOAT when it comes to Idol performances.

Elliott

Wow, what a moment™. Candice came out ready to throw down and left no crumbs after this performance.

Andrew

If this wins, it deserves. Maybe the best vocal ever on Idol.

Diana

My prediction to win this one of the best performances ever easily.

QK

She gave a really strong performance here so I gotta give her credit for that at least.

JC

ugh Angie and Amber were so robbed and Candice is so overrated. Kree too. Hates.

Steven

Great performance from Candice. I guess I'm not really much of a fan of the song, because I'm not blown away by this performance like a lot of people seem to be. It's good, but I don't think it's THE greatest Idol performance ever. I'm tactically ranking this one very low since I'd rather see other performances win. However, it would only be a few spots higher if I was ranking this one honestly.

• Like 5

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners at War - #1 Posted)
Just now, Alex95 said:

With your VERY last second rank, Haley still would’ve been second place, but much closer. However she would shockingly failed to win with no bottom ten rankings.

Oooh wow, thanks for stating this because I was wondering if she would have won or lost without any Bottom 10 ranks. That's crazy to believe she would have. :omg: 

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

With your VERY last second rank, Haley still would’ve been second place, but much closer. However she would shockingly failed to win with no bottom ten rankings.

What if I had submitted rankings and tanked Candice? because I considered it but didn’t feel like watching a bunch of ABC season performances haha

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

What if I had submitted rankings and tanked Candice? because I considered it but didn’t feel like watching a bunch of ABC season performances haha

If you ranked Haley first and Candice anywhere between 15-20, Haley wins.

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Winner on Page 750!!!!!! Congrats to Alex for a fantastic game and let's keep it goingggggggg

If y'all are serious about a 20th placers ranking maybe that next :shiftywave:. I'm obviously not gonna go down the line and do every single placement because who really gives a shit about a battle of 14th placers or whatever lol, but maybe individual games of the top five (and last place lol)

• Like 1

Yayy I'm really happy that Candice's Lovesong pulled off the win! :wub: Quite a tight margin with that 5.1 to 4.7 vote there. 😮 

But danggg the ranks are outstanding for this - 4 #1s, 2 #2s, 6 #3s and 3 #4s! :omg: So that's 15 Top 4 ranks, alone! :omg: And even more impressive how this still managed to win with a #18 and #19 rank. And oooooo ok, so Steven did tactically rank this low. I was wondering if that was a genuine or strategic ranking there. 😮 I understand via his comments. 

Just about nearly all of the comments really says it all on how incredible this performance is! This is so deserving of the win and so glad it pulled it off!  :clap:

And thank you to @Alex95 on running this game. It was really a lot of fun re-living through all of these seasons and performances. Lots of highs and lows throughout the game - but definitely more highs! :wub: This was such great FUN!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

If you ranked Haley first and Candice anywhere between 15-20, Haley wins.

That’s assuming some of us wouldn’t have ranked her 17th after seeing another one of her vocal stans playing.

(love you Andy ❤️)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

If y'all are serious about a 20th placers ranking maybe that next :shiftywave:.

Me trying to figure out if I want to rank Ryan Starr first out of loyalty or 20th to try and have her top her 17.2 average for lowest of all time. :giggle:

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

If y'all are serious about a 20th placers ranking maybe that next :shiftywave:. I'm obviously not gonna go down the line and do every single placement because who really gives a shit about a battle of 14th placers or whatever lol, but maybe individual games of the top five (and last place lol)

20th would be fun for the lolz I don't know that I would need to participate in anything beyond that though.