@Zoey - 13/20

@Solaris - 13/20

@taylorkat - 15/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@jarmon - 16/20

@*Wallace - 18/20

@*Amanda - 19/20

Nico

Wow a solid performance, bless this for being here. Can't wait to see how it ends low bc it's not from a ~classic~ season

Derek

Average. Didn’t stand out in her season but here it’s like wow, not complete garbage yaaaay.

Alex

Andrea deserved better on her season. This isn't showstopping or anything, but it's a very solid performance.

QK

So yeah I didn't really understand this at all but I feel like she would be really hot without the eye patch lol. 

Richard

This was a nice, pretty performance. Not a standout by any means, but she sang it competently and convincingly enough.

Lily

Benefits from being in a rough bunch and also from me literally fighting to stay awake after sitting through four boring white dudes. Still, nothing amazing.

Steven

I liked this. It was nice getting to hear a contestant sing in Spanish.

Andrew

Gay rights

Elliott

I don't really remember this performance, but I'm sure Megan will rank it high.

Chris

Despite ranking it last, I believe, on Season 20, I do think this is her better performance & I really like how in control she was throughout the performance. And out of this Bottom 20 performance, probably one of the better vocals?  

Crisis

I was originally going to rank this in my Bottom 5, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would despite most of the song being sung in Spanish. The thing that docks this some is this (and the other performances that week) were cut short.

Zoey

Meh.

Sola

apparently LGBT and the only reason why it advanced.  The eyepatch rocked. Looking at it in this group though, I hate it less

Gigi

She has better performances.

Diana

pretty song but boring

Akshar

LOL. I mean I did like Andrea but Elliott & Megan could've just advanced Anilee List, someone who actually deserved a performance in the Top 20. 

Wally

Wasn't Andrea the last minute fill in member of the Top 24 when Benson Boone dropped out? Or was that someone else? (ETA: I found out it was someone else but I already forgot who that was, lmao). Anyway, this was a pretty performance. I don't really understand what she's singing but she sounds nice and has a pretty voice throughout it. She gave a nice haunting and emotional performance. Although I also could have done without this performance being here but good on Megan getting this here for the Season 19 Top 20. 

Reason for this #18 ranking: This was nice but this is also simply a performance I don't really care for. It's probably the performance I least remember here. I do think it's probably objectively better than 18th and I could have boosted it up a spot or two, but eh, this feels fine to me.

Amanda

How did we allow this into its respective Top 20 in the first place?

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - 11 Posted)

Ooh eh, fine with this Andrea performance coming here. I can get the positive thoughts/comments on this performance..... but I just never cared for this.

lol Elliott not remembering this performance. Wasn't he the one that advanced this with Megan in the S19 round?  :dead:

9. Lilly Scott "Fixing a Hole"

akgj6NI.png

9.7/20

Watch Here

@*Chris - 1/20

@Alex95 - 2/20

@*Diana - 4/20

@*Amanda - 5/20

@Crisis - 6/20

@*Lily - 6/20

@Elliott - 6/20

@NGM - 7/20

@QueenKalie - 8/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@jarmon - 11/20

@rdhaley96 - 11/20

@Steven_ - 12/20

@sublymonal - 13/20

@taylorkat - 17/20

@Zoey - 19/20

@*Wallace - 19/20

@Solaris - 19/20

Chris

We shouldn't be surprise to find this performance at the top of my ranking considering I had it at #3 during her original season. Like I stated then, not my favourite of hers, but still one of the better performance of Season 9 which means that it's easily one of my favourite from this Bottom 20 performances.

Alex

I genuinely should've quit S9 after that horrid triple elimination at Top 16 week. This is miles better than most of these last place performances and never should've been in last place to begin with :kissbye:

Diana

I always felt she deserved better

Amanda

A good performance from Lily. Season 9's Top 12 was incredibly weak and I think Lily could've brought a lot to it. She was definitely robbed that season.

Crisis

S9 had some of the most random performances make the finals, yet Lilly finished last? Anyways, it was unfortunate her best performance (A Change Is Gonna Come) didn’t make the cut, but this wasn’t bad.

Lily

At least this is something different in this endgame! Nothing too special but I think it's nice enough.

Elliott

One of my favourite performances from the semi-finals. Such an unexpected song choice, and she delivered a flawless interpretation of it.

Nico

Interesting for what it is, shame the execution isn't all the way there

QK

Who is responsible for advancing this lol. It's so bad I was amused so I will give it a solid ranking for that reason lol. 

Derek

Duffy’s voice ruined the indie music industry and singing competition shows for years. In this essay I will…

Akshar

There's something about her tone that I really like. So, it made me enjoy this performance more as her tone is so piercing and raspy that I liked this performance as a whole.

Richard

Lilly was a very intriguing contestant. Very talented, but I didn’t love this from her. I felt like her vocal bordered on shrill from time to time. All that said, the performance was still captivating, which is more than I can say for the others I’ve ranked below her.

Steven

I wasn't much of a fan of Lilly Scott's style during Season 9, but she did well with the song and showcased her artistry.

Andrew

I probably like this less than most of IDF. I never got into Lilly.

Gigi

No appeal to me whatsoever.  Boring.

Zoey

Thank god she didn’t make the finals.

Wally

Gross. I Can't at this making it here. As many people know,  I was never a fan of Lilly Scott. I didn't like her voice and found it painful to listen to. I haven't love listened to this in years, but yeah I feel the same way. I just don't care for this at all. And I'm sure she will somehow avoid showing up on the first set for some reason. I had an even bigger epic rant here but computer issues prevented that, so this will do.

Reason for this #19 ranking: I was pleased with this coming in last in the Season 9 game but now I'm mad it's here because UGH I have a feeling this could do well, which I would NOT be here for. :dead: I couldn't rank this below a legit trainwreck but I never liked and never will like this performance, so #19 will work.

Sola

people trying to copy me to get another semifinalist into the final ranking.  Meh. Also her hair looks fried.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - 9 Posted)

Well at least the Lilly Scott performance showed up now... at least I don't have to worry about that winning. :haha: 

Not surprised about the very polarizing rankings + thoughts as that was expected. I do agree with most of the lower comments. :giggle: 

• Confused 4

31 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

@*Wallace calling a performance gross? That seems out of character since he's known for being really diplomatic, like more than any of us. :dead:

Lmaooo yess this is true. :giggle: I did copy a lot of my previous comments from past seasons, so I wrote that when I was more in my feelings in the S9 round. :haha: I guess this can happen on some very rare ocassions, lmao.

12. Tatiana Del Toro "Saving All My Love for You"

rHUOUZL.png

10.9/20

Watch Here

@Solaris - 2/20

@Alex95 - 4/20

@NGM - 4/20

@*Chris - 4/20

@Zoey - 5/20

@QueenKalie - 6/20

@Crisis - 8/20

@*Wallace - 9/20

@rdhaley96 - 9/20

@*Amanda - 12/20

@jarmon - 13/20

@*Lily - 14/20

@Steven_ - 14/20

@taylorkat - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 18/20

@Elliott - 19/20

@*Diana - 20/20

@sublymonal - 20/20

Sola

the doors I continued to open in this mini rankdown.  First semifinalist to make the finals.  Tatiana is an iconic character, singing a great song, many times!

Alex

Tatiana is a legend who does not get the appreciation she deserves. She revitalized the joke contestant genre. Zoanette Johnson perfected the art though and we also did not give her the appreciation she deserves in this game.

Nico

I'm putting her this high just for her meme value. Her belting is passable, her lower register tho? 404 not found

Chris

Tatiana is certainly an icon and I wouldn't be surprised if she manage to win this part of the rankdown as this performance is certainly one of the most memorable one as well as one of the better vocal performance featured in this Bottom 20. 

Zoey

Should’ve made the finals over most of the other finalists tbh.

QK

Let's conntinue the trend ranking people high because of their appearance shall we? 

Crisis

Tatiana is known more for her theatrics and her singing. I’m on the fence on whether it was entertaining or annoying. However, this performance (if were talking about the semifinals one and not the WC Round one) was very solid. Outside of the end where her voice got away from her some while belting, this wasn’t a bad vocal at all and one of the better ones in this round. It probably won’t rank high because she’ll be judged on her personality, however.

Wally

Sola got us all shook by being able and getting Steven to agree to advance this Tatiana performance. Wow his power. :dead:  I will admit I am salty that Tatiana Del Toro is the first semi-finalist to make the finals here. There were many more deserving semi-finalists that should have made the finals here instead. But well done to Sola on getting what he wanted and getting Steven to agree with it.  But cutting Syesha’s version of this song (which was a fair cut  btw - not mad at that) but advancing this to the finals…. is interesting.  🙂

I do like and think this was a good performance but not a Top 20 performance imo. It’s also one of the weak links of this Top 20 so I can’t rank it any higher than this. Actually the opening lower notes…. aren’t really that good or strong? It was a boring lackluster start. But she built this up well on the chorus and bridge sections of the song. Those parts were pretty good. If you ignore the interesting OTT personality she has…. she can certainly sing. But yeah i agree with the judges this performance was all over the place - some not so good but some very good moments there. It was good but far away from one of the standout Whitney covers on this show. Oh and the fact that Tatiana reprise this song for her Wildcard performance and gave a weaker version of it will always crack me up. :dead:  I initially had this at #19 but the inconsistency of this performance made me rank this lower. Sorry Sola. :(

Reason for this #9 ranking: Again, I thought this was a fairly good performance from Tatiana. Not really Top 20 worthy for Season 8 so I agree with it coming last there. But amongst this group of performances, it stands out a lot better where I like this enough to rank this 9th.

Richard

Considering she was a joke contestant, this performance definitely exceeded my expectations. Solid delivery, solid vocal. Overall, she more or less did a Whitney song justice. 

Amanda

We really let her be the first semi-finalist to make the final ranking when the likes of Suzy Vulaca and Sabrina Sloan were right there. :wacko: But this was a solid effort from Tatiana; certainly much better than her reprise of this during the wildcard episode.

Akshar

A pretty decent performance. I just felt that at some points her voice was a little grating for me but she delivered a decent performance overall. Just wish she had some more oomph.

Lily

Choices were made in Season 8... this included. Oof not for me.

Steven

Tatiana was treated as a joke with the edit, but she's not a bad singer. Although she did have some good moments here, it was an uneven performance.

Gigi

A trainwreck, but not a fun one for me.  I found her annoying.

Derek

she sounds like she just ran a marathon and needs a nap

Elliott

This had no business making its Top 20.

Diana

embarrassing this made it the final top 20

Andrew

Absolutely not. I can’t stand her or this performance

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - 12 Posted)

8. Diana DeGarmo "Turn the Beat Around"

zw81XF7.png

9.4/20

Watch Here

@*Wallace - 2/20

@Zoey - 3/20

@*Amanda - 3/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@Crisis - 5/20

@QueenKalie - 5/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@taylorkat - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 8/20

@Alex95 - 9/20

@Steven_ - 9/20

@*Diana - 10/20

@*Lily - 13/20

@NGM - 15/20

@Elliott - 16/20

@rdhaley96 - 17/20

@sublymonal - 18/20

@jarmon - 19/20

Wally

I always really liked Diana’s "Turn The Beat Around" and thought this was one of the 2 highlights on Gloria Estefan Night (the other being LaToya’s “The Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.”). While I do really like this performance, I knew it would be on the lower end for me on these rankings. Plus, I might be slightly bitter Carmen’s missed out as i like her version more than Diana’s. :giggle: But really, this was a really fun performance. Diana sang and performed this well. She really channeled the essence of the song and had so much fun with this. I especially enjoy the part where she sang it really fast. She certainly made Gloria proud which is great to see.

I initially had this down as an easy #20 as I prefer the other performances in this Top 20 more and other performances that missed out. But I found myself enjoying this more than I remembered on rewatch, which did make me put this up a spot to #19.

Reason for this #2 ranking: My Top 2 performances were interchangeable but I have more memories of this performances and it's more fun. While this wasn't one of Diana's strongest vocal performances, I still thought she worked the stage and had fantastic stage presence here. I did think it was one of the weaker performances in the Top 20 for Season 3's list but it's one of the strongest performances amongst this group of performances so that's why it gets my #2 ranking.

Zoey

I’ve always been a Diana stan and I won’t ever stop. She had so many fantastic performances including this one.

Amanda

I really liked this performance from Diana. Yeah, she did have other performances that stood out more, but I thought this was good.

Sola

this shouldn’t have placed 20th.  This was better then that.  Lets give its due!

Crisis

The best version of this song on Idol. I wasn’t too enamored with this performance making the S3 Top 20, especially considering how dirty her fans did George, but this is objectively not a terrible performance. It’s just that the S3 Round was stacked with better performances; nonetheless, it’s one of the better ones here.

QK

Another person I am ranking high based solely on their appearance. 

Chris

It was my least favourite performance in the Top 20 of Season 3 but when you compare it to some of the performances here, it was like night and day. And out of my loyalty to the earlier season, I am ranking it high.

Gigi

I love her and this didn't deserve last place!

Derek

I have nothing against Diana. This isn’t super offensive but it does get away from her in some spots

Alex

The first half is legitimately good and a lot of fun! The performance totally goes off the rails in the second half, but the first half is good enough to justify its spot in the top 10 here.

Steven

It was a fun performance, but the vocals weren't perfect in spots.

Diana

Love Diana but this performance is a mess

Lily

I fear I was too kind on this the first time (and it was still my #20 then I think lol). Sis was fighting this song and not winning.

Nico

This is just a giant ball of cringe to me. Also hate this song to death.

Elliott

Haley Scarnato did it better, don't at me.

Richard

Horrible opening notes. She improved after the first part, but her vocal overall was still inconsistent and often unpleasant. When Carmen Rasmusen does better than you on the same song… oof. 

Andrew

No to Diana and not to this performance. Only marginally better than Jessica’s version.

Akshar

Definitely a more fun performance but the vocals didn't really impress me much. It was just a fun karaoke performance, but hey she did have me grooving so props to her!

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #8 Posted)

Oooh I'm kinda surprised and bummed that Diana's TTBA didn't rank higher. I thought this performance was an easy bet to make it to the Top 5. :dead: I do get the comments of this going off the rails towards the end but it was still really fun and good for the most part. And I get the mix of reactions to this.  And #8 is still a good spot for this.

I do pretty much agree with Crisis' and Chris' thoughts here. I do kinda agree with those that this didn't deserve last for its season but S3's list of performances were really stacked so I can get how this came in last. So I'm both ways on this. LOL Lily's comment cracked me up here too.  :haha: LOL I'm shocked that Andrew was the one to mention Jessica's version when Elliott is the one that does that all the time.