Cycle 13 - Overall Ranking
I know shit's about to get crazy with C14, so I feel like this was the wholesome appetizer before the entree. I appreciate some nice, light fun. For God's sake, Erin turned into the villain the second half of the show lmao. If we're using her as our villain, we've got a really sweet cast (orrrrr after the other villains were killed off earlier). I don't feel like I was fully fed this cycle, I may be a bit peckish still, but almost every episode was relatively enjoyable. IF you're gonna have a fun, likable cycle, then the cast really has to be likable. Luckily for us, everyone who made it to the end truly was! Some short girls are just traveling around Hawaii and modeling well. Not exactly what I watch ANTM for, but I can dig it for one cycle. I'm okay with the short gimmick as well! I feel like there's bigger barriers in the fashion world they could have tackled instead (and lol @ them giving the win to the tallest girl, and calling her our first petite winner even though she's taller than Eva), but since Tyra always talks about breaking barriers, it was nice to see her walk the walk for a change. As far as photoshoots go I'd say it was a step forward from C12. There were a few really amazing photoshoots the first half of the competition. Unfortunately it kinda fell apart the second half of the show. The challenges were largely unmemorable outside of the group interpretive dance and the TAR-esque go-sees (and they should never eliminate someone after a Wilhelmina interview ever again).
1. Cycle 3
2. Cycle 6
3. Cycle 2
4. Cycle 5
5. Cycle 1
6. Cycle 8
7. Cycle 4
8. Cycle 12
9. Cycle 13
10. Cycle 10
11. Cycle 9
12. Cycle 11
13. Cycle 7
1. Erin - It was tight between my top two, but my heart is telling me go with the villain (and some warped part of my brain doesn't want any winner to top my rankings because I'm a masochist lol). Erin is very young and immature, and that could make for a really fun or really annoying reality show contestant. With Sam two cycles ago, it was annoying. However, Erin really found the sweet spot of annoying everyone around her without going sooooo far it annoys the audience (or at least this audience member). Erin lacked social grace, but was always the first to judge everyone else. Erin found it appropriate to beat bitches up in a race around a store. Erin convinced herself the judges adored her after four straight bottom two appearances. I'm sorry this is all just hilarious to me.
2. Nicole - My favorite white girl to win ANTM yet, yay!!!! Congratulations to Nicole on perfecting the weirdo archetype, both as a model and a reality show contestant. Allison did a great job, but there were still a few kinks to work out. Nicole is the updated prototype who is more natural than Allison, more believable, and frankly a much better model (and I say this all as an Allison fan don't @ me!!!!!) Nicole had snark, Nicole had wit, Nicole bonded with the outcasts, Nicole inspired fury in everyone around her with her natural talent. I wish Nicole blew up as a model more because she really is talented.
3. Laura - I feel like such a casual with my Laura love. You go small town gurl!!! It's physically impossible to dislike Laura. If you dislike Laura, you have no soul. She is a genuine ray of goodness on this show. She is soooooo charming and so damn likable. If Laura's just a really good actress then give her an Emmy now because she totally fooled me.
4. Jennifer - Jennifer is perfect for ANTM. She can get in some drama, she's got a backstory, she's competent at every aspect of modeling, she's high energy in confessional, she's intelligent, she brings diversity to the show. Jennifer checks off every box for a strong ANTM contestant. She's missing that It Factor for me to stan, but I still love her.
5. Bianca - Very strong early boot. Bianca was definitely the most complex character of the cycle. She's been through some shit and she's got a lot of walls up. Bianca's talk with Nicole is by far one of my favorite moments of the cycle. Also if C13 aired when making gifs were a huge thing, Bianca would deservingly be a gif queen.
6. Sundai - I never realized her last name is Love. How fitting. Sundai is kinda Laura lite. Just really, really likable. She had a few allies here and there I wasn't too crazy about, but that's okay. Sundai's missing her big moment in the sun, but she was still a joy to watch.
7. Amber - I never watched the video about what happened to her . But her one episode was truly great and I'm curious what she would've brought to the house (for three episodes max before I got tired of her lol)
8. Brittany - I kinda talked about her in her final episode that the editors never really figured out what to do with her. She had the mathematician storyline, the Erin rivalry, the ultra-competitive girl, kinda unlikable at times, kinda likable at times. I get what Brittany said about being multidimensional. She doesn't fit fully into any box Tyra wants to fit these girls into, and ultimately I think that's why she got canned.
9. Rae - One amazing episode, one heartbreaking backstory, some fantastic pictures, and a whole lot of invisibility lands you here.
10. Ashley - So I'm even surprising myself with this ranking of Ashley because I did not like her on the show. However, she won me over a bit in her boot episode. Tyra so wanted to make her a thing and Ashley just did not have the ability to play ball. I'm far from a fan because I was anti-Ashley in literally all her rivalries, but I've come to appreciate what she brought to the show.
11. Lulu - I guess since I have a newfound appreciate for Ashley, I should rank her partner in crime next to her.
12. Rachel - Justice for Rachel! In the running for the most screwed over ANTM girl ever?
13. Courtney - Lol poor Courtney. I don't remember what her voice sounds like at all, but I feel bad for her.
14. Lisa - She can join Atalya and Christian as the most irrelevant ANTM girls ever.
15. Kara - While I had a mini renaissance for Ashley, that unfortunately did not happen for Kara. I did not miss her when she's gone and pretty much all her content was hating on Nicole. Clever editing? Yeah maybe. But idc. I don't like her.
Despite not liking about half the photoshoots this was a difficult top 10 to figure out. There were a few Jen shots that just missed the cut (her underwater and baby photos). Also considered throwing a topless horse picture in there, but I didn't like the shoot enough to make room for it.
1. Erin's Fabric Beauty
2. Laura's Cirque du Soleil
3. Rae's Baby Photos
4. Brittany's Fabric Beauty
5. Jennifer's Elongating
6. Erin's Elongating
7. Nicole's Elongating
8. Nicole's Baby Photo
9. Nicole's Underwater
10. Sundai's Fabric Beauty