American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I think you can guess my #1 pretty easily at this point.

I think I know who you bussed, but there are a couple other bussings that I’m worried about 😅

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

tumblr_o9x7ydJEfb1uyezdto1_250.gifv

:dead: 

1 hour ago, JC said:

Time for my 18 and 20 to show up!!! Time to go hoz :bobo:

Time for them to show up as the Top 2, you mean! :wub: 

Although I think one of them is coming in 4th.

57 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

YJBZyZv.png

Gigi and I are soulmates with our Trent/Kris rankings 

:dead: 

47 minutes ago, JC said:

Hopefully your 20 is my 18 because I feel she’s most likely to win

🙂 

40 minutes ago, JC said:

I have no idea who your faves are here I’m just hoping that your #1 is my #2 because of your penis

I think you would be correct on this. :haha: 

25 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Gonna guess

4. Tamyra

3. David

2. Haley

1. Candice

I mostly agree with this but thinking of changing my Top 2.

4. Tamyra

3. David

2. Candice

1. Haley

I'm feeling like Candice got a couple more lower spots than Haley, which could hurt Candice and help Haley. 😮 

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

You should know mine 😘

I should? :dead:  Uhhh let me see what you got left.....

9. Haley

5. David

4. Tamyra

2. Candice

4. Tamyra Gray "A House Is Not a Home"

nYPfPNa.png

8.2/20

Watch Here

@*Wallace - 1/20

@Crisis - 1/20

@*Lily - 2/20

@rdhaley96 - 2/20

@*Chris - 2/20

@*Diana - 3/20

@taylorkat - 4/20

@Steven_ - 5/20

@Alex95 - 7/20

@Solaris - 8/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@NGM - 12/20

@QueenKalie - 12/20

@*Amanda - 12/20

@jarmon - 13/20

@Zoey - 14/20

@Elliott - 15/20

@sublymonal - 16/20

@JC - 20/20

Wally

While re-visiting these Season 1 performances, it’s so good realizing how many great performances there were on this show. I’m sure we all got different #1s but Tamyra’s "A House Is Not A Home" always stands out as my favorite performance of the season 1 (and I don’t know if that will ever change for me?) This is another one of those many songs I wasn’t familiar with before Tamyra sang it but I always associate it with her. This is also one of those performances i re-visit and re-watch over the years, as I do with many Tamyra and Kelly performances. This is such a beautiful song, and Tamyra sang and emoted this so beautifully and stunningly! :wub:  I love everything about this…. from the first note to the very last note. Tamyra connected so well to the song and truly sold the story of the song. ❤️ I loved all of the softness, restraint, and subtly nature she sang this song in. 

It’s hard to pick a standout part here but some of my favorites includes where Tamyra sings: 

Don't let one mistake keep us apart

I'm not meant to live alone

Turn this house into a home

When I climb the stairs and turn the key

Oh, please be there

Then I also love how she builds up the song EVEN more where she sangs and belts out:

I'm not meant to live alone

Turn this house into a home

STILL IN LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE wiiitttth me

Absolute SLAYAGE! :omg: The way she sings that “love” note? Always KILLS ME. :omg::dead: This better rank at least in the Top 5, and f it doesn’t, Im disappointed and leaving IDF forever. This is incredible and one of my all-time favorite performances ever on American Idol.

Reason for this #1 ranking: This is like the ultimate legendary American Idol performance for me. It's (probably / most likely) my most revisited and relistened to performance of the American Idol franchise. So I couldn't place this anywhere else but #1.

Crisis

As with DROMP, this was a mini upset because I thought a Kelly performance would win. A House Is Not A Home was my favorite S1 performance. It’s my second favorite Idol performance and for a long time my favorite Idol performance overall. It ranks first in this ranking because my actual favorite performance didn’t make the cut. I’m curious to see how this ranks.

Lily

Queen! So glad this won the first ranking and it holds its own across all these performances very well. Tamyra is a vocal powerhouse who deserves more love.

Richard

Absolutely sensational. Tamyra chose the perfect song for her voice and delivered a world-class performance, giving both beautiful, subdued moments and moments where she blew off the roof. The buildup throughout the performance is so satisfying to watch each and every time. 

Chris

This performance is one that I think of often when I think of Greatest Idol Performance, and it is also one of my all-time favourite after all these years which certainly speak volume.

Diana

just perfection so was so happy when it won.

Gigi

I remember when I advanced this and people thought it should go directly through, then it went on to win.  This was incredible and she got eliminated too soon.

Steven

Tamyra sang from the heart and delivered one of the best Idol performances ever with this song.

Alex

There's like 5-6 Tamyra performances that could've objectively won her season and also done as well here in this game as this one. That's why Tamyra is forever That Bitch and, nineteen seasons later, still one of the greatest this show has ever seen. But I'm glad this lost now because now the top three is also my top three :wub:

Sola

Iconic season 1 performance.  It wasn’t my #1 choice to win but my #2.  Still completely worthy of the win and I hope it does well in this final ranking!

Derek

Legendary. But not one that I revisit as often as the others.

Nico

This and 11 are just shy of #10 for me, but just superbly talented.

QK

Another performance I hadn't seen till just not but it was pretty decent as well.

Amanda

Still slightly bitter that Kelly didn't win season 1 here, but this is a fantastic performance from Tamyra.

Akshar

WOW! This was such a stunning performance. That last note? IMPRESSIVE! This song always gets me emotional. Lillie McCloud's version is fantastic! Tamyra gave a great performance and I felt every word but just when I compare it to Lillie's, I do prefer Lillie's more.

Zoey

I used to love this performance but I’m not so excited about it anymore.

Elliott

I should've cut this when I had the chance.

Andrew

I like Tamyra and while this is one of the best performances from S1, Kelly was robbed blind.

JC

JUSTICE FOR KELLY CLARKSON SHE SHOULD BE LAST BUT MY #20 IS JUST THAT HORRENDOUS!!! Edit: I changed this to last because I realized she probably has no other haters whereas my #19 now does.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners at War - #4 Posted)

Very glad Tamyra's AHINAH made it to 4th! :wub: I didn't think it would make it this high but so glad it did.

Crisis also ranking this at #1! ❤️ And then all of those Top 5 ranks! ❤️ Love and agree with all of the strong love and comments of this performance! Although Lillie McCloud who.... to Akshar? 😘 Lol I loved her version but Tamyra's is the OG version of this song. :giggle: 

JC on my hitlist.  🙂 LMAOO I'm kidding but yeah I figured one of Tamyra or Candice would be his last place vote. 

14 minutes ago, JC said:

Damn it, bussed the wrong performance

told you so lol GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

14 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I guess my #19 is going to win after all. 🥴

I was shocked seeing your #19 was still around. :haha:  I think I got an idea of what it is? Although I don't think it will win.

ETA: Oooh okay, well now I am not so sure what your #19 is anymore. :dead: 

35 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Very glad Tamyra's AHINAH made it to 4th! :wub: I didn't think it would make it this high but so glad it did.

Crisis also ranking this at #1! ❤️ And then all of those Top 5 ranks! ❤️ Love and agree with all of the strong love and comments of this performance! Although Lillie McCloud who.... to Akshar? 😘 Lol I loved her version but Tamyra's is the OG version of this song. :giggle: 

JC on my hitlist.  🙂 LMAOO I'm kidding but yeah I figured one of Tamyra or Candice would be his last place vote. 

Tamyra may be the original but Lillie outsold 🤭

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

qE3Ohu5.png

Those bottom 4 rankings still left...

Disgustang Disgusting GIF - Disgustang Disgusting Disgusteng - Discover &  Share GIFs

I'm still trying to figure out these Bottom 4.s I am predicting these in mind.

Candice - JC's #18
David - Akshar's #20, QK's #20
Haley - Andrew's #17

Then there's Steven's #19. I thought I had that figured out but now I am not so sure now. :dead: I see he ranked Candice's and David's performances at #10 on their original season rankings, so could be a toss up which is #19.... but I'm gonna guess Candice's? 

So yeah that's why I changed my mind to Haley probably winning now.