American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Battle of the 20th Placers coming next :dead:

Okay thats legit an awesome idea! And do them in reverse order so the distinction of 20th place twice gets revealed last.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Battle of the 20th Placers coming next :dead:

LMAOO this would be so hilarious. :dead: 

32 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Then we should rank Elliott's #20s

30 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Didn't we just do that though?

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Half of them are already in this. 

:dead: 

With the #20s list (and #10 for S18), shockingly (or unshockingly), there's a 12 to 8 female over male lead on that list.

And Carrie is on that list too (I think she's the only season winner to also be last) - although that was through her infamous reprisal performance that Sola advanced through that we didn't need in the Top 20. :dead: 

Oh wait, Clay had the #20 there as well. So both Carrie & Clay had #1s and #20s on their respective seasons.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

With the #20s list (and #10 for S18), shockingly (or unshockingly), there's a 12 to 8 female over male lead on that list.

And Carrie is on that list too (I think she's the only season winner to also be last) - although that was through her infamous reprisal performance that Sola advanced through that we didn't need in the Top 20. :dead: 

Oh wait, Clay had the #20 there as well. So both Carrie & Clay had #1s and #20s on their respective seasons.

We did after people screwed over Angels Brought Me Here.  🙂 

3. David Cook "Billie Jean"

SZk2mDE.png

7.1/20

Watch Here

@NGM - 1/20

@sublymonal - 1/20

@Alex95 - 2/20

@Elliott - 2/20

@*Wallace - 4/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@FrogLenzen - 5/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@taylorkat - 7/20

@*Lily - 7/20

@Steven_ - 7/20

@JC - 8/20

@rdhaley96 - 9/20

@Zoey - 10/20

@Crisis - 12/20

@jarmon - 20/20

@QueenKalie - 20/20

Nico

Easily the performance that I love the most, so this was a no brainer for my #1.

Andrew

My top pick to win even though I doubt it will. Cook had many high moments during the season but this was the one when he pushed everyone else aside and took the crown.

Alex

Funnily I don't think is my favorite Cook performance, but I had to support it in S7 as it's his most iconic performance and his most likely to win. And I've gotta support it here as Cook is my favorite Idol ever. Even if it's not my fave from him, it's still one of my favorite performance of all time. David has the range, he has the consistency, he has the vocal chops and that's how he rightfully became the first rocker to win.

Elliott

Ranking it high since there's haters present. 😘 An absolutely insane vocal performance.

Wally

Maybe a surprise to some but David Cook’s “Billie Jean” performance has always been my ultimate favorite performance of Season 7 and I will give it a fair ranking at #1 on my list. I am very glad that Gigi (& Nico) protected this performance to Round 4 and brought this into the finals because i had to worry elsewhere with other performances - but I was wanting this to get to the finals badly. So I am glad it’s here. David Cook delivered a lot of standout iconic performance but his version of “Billie Jean” remains the biggest standout and most iconic of his performances to me. I love how David took on the Chris Cornell cover of “Billie Jean” as that much more fits his vocal and artistry than the original (which is a classic and I really do love). I do feel certain a David Cook performance will win and if so, i am pulling for this one.

The range David showcased in this performance - from the dark haunting beginning to the epic buildup is incredible to watch. But yes I love how dark and haunting this starts off with David singing:

She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene

I said don't mind, but what do you mean I am the one

Who will dance on the floor in the round

Chills already! 😮 

But what I also really love about this performance is how he truly connects with the song and sells the story of it so effectively (I get that on the next section of the verse he sings in particular). I also love how he builds this performance up to another level when he gets to the pre-chorus and chorus of the song where he sings:

People always told me be careful of what you do

Don't go around breaking young girls' hearts

Mother always told me be careful of who you love

Be careful of what you do 'cause the lie becomes the truth

Billie Jean is not my lover

She's just a girl who swears that I am the one

But the kid is not my son

So good! But my favorite part is where he belts out:

She said IIIIIIIIIIIIII!

EPIC! :omg:  But then I love how he closes the song out in a haunting way where he closes it out singing:

So take my strong advice, just remember to always think twice

Such an iconic and incredible performance from David Cook. Would truly  be a deserving winner if it does pull out the win.

Reason for this #4 ranking: "Billie Jean" is such an incredible performance from David Cook. I was so glad this pulled off the win for Season 7 as that season was realllly cutthroat and competitive amongst the fanbase. This had a number of tanks against it but still pulled off the win. Iconic! I do think this is one of the best and most memorable performance of the franchise. It slightly has the honor of my overall favorite male performance, but I do love my Top 3 performances more so I figured and felt 4th is what works best for me.

Amanda

This is fantastic! One of those Idol performances where everything just falls into place and creates a moment for the contestant.

Diana

would of loved a Carly performance to win but this is still a super iconic deserving winner.

Derek

I was not living for David Cook during the season because he seemed so derivative of Daughtry to me at the time. But it is obvious that David's vocal abilities are lightyears better than Daughtry. And also most other contestants ever. There was no denying that this performance was a MOMENT.

Sola

brilliant performance even though I slightly preferred Imagine.  This is a masterpiece!

Chris

This performance shows why David Cook is one of the best WGWG to have competed on the Idol stage. Not only did he have a moment with this song, like Blake’s YGLABN, especially in term of one’s artistry ; Without this performance.

Gigi

This is the performance of the season, it's the one I remember the most.  I had a hand in its journey during the game.

Lily

Still such a cool performance, what an exciting and unique arrangement with a brilliant vocal to match.

Steven

This is one of the most memorable Idol performances ever. David knocked it out of the park with Chris Cornell's version of "Billie Jean." He pretty much claimed the win with this performance, and he didn't let go for the rest of the competition. Awesome performance.

JC

cookie always has been and will be a king! But David H still reigns supreme with papa and the rolling stone!!!!

Richard

There’s not much more to say about this performance than what’s already been said. Great song choice, great arrangement, great delivery. I don’t necessarily hold it in as high esteem as other people do, but it was definitely one of Cook’s best performances and a worthy winner of his season.

Zoey

I don’t get how this won the first time around.

Crisis

Billie Jean is an iconic performance. However, it isn’t my favorite David Cook performance let alone S7 favorite, plus I like the ones I have above it better. Therefore, it lands somewhere near the middle for me.

Akshar

I'm just really not the biggest fan of David Cook's voice. It's very grating to me. I really don't like this song choice either. Sorry, just not for me. Wish his version of "Always Be My Baby" won instead.

QK

I feel like this is probably the front runner and I was told to join this rankdown to try and prevent it from winning. That didn't happen so it would be kinda funny if it won again I guess.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners at War - #3 Posted)
2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I feel like this is probably the front runner and I was told to join this rankdown to try and prevent it from winning. 

Still loling at this. This was always just a game @mystery_person_we_all_know

G7naqLJ.png

• Haha 6

David's "Billie Jean" still making it to 3rd even with 2 #20 ranks! :dead: 

Of this Top 3, I expected this to come 3rd as I really felt it was always a tight race between Haley and Candice. But really so well done to David on being the last standing man and making it all the way to 3rd! 16 Top 10 ranks is really impressive! But amazing performance and certainly deserves to rank this high. 

LMAO QK being brutally honest of being told to join this rankdown to tank/prevent this performance from winning. Just goes to show how intense and cutthroat S7 was. And still so iconic how this still won. :haha: 

Oooh so yeah Haley vs. Candice. 

I think my #3 vs. my #8. Love both of these performances and they would be deserving winners. I'm still feeling like Haley is going to win it now. I just think Candice has more low ranks that's gonna hurt her.