@sublymonal - 17/20

@Crisis - 18/20

@NGM - 19/20

@Zoey - 20/20

@rdhaley96 - 20/20

@Elliott - 20/20

@Steven_ - 20/20

Akshar

Yeah, I absolutely loved this performance from JAX. It didn't deserve 20th at all, so I hope it does well in this rankdown because this was a wonderful performance from JAX where she embodied Janis Joplin and delivered a rocker performance!

QK

This was probably the best performance out of the group and I feel like its hard to believe that their were 19 songs better than it.

Diana

why does idf dislike her?!?

Derek

questionable diction in the chorus. At least she mostly stays on pitch.

Alex

Polarizing queen :wub:. I'm actually pretty disappointed with this ranker. I knew she'd have her detractors, but I figured she'd have enough support to at least get her to the top 10. This is far from a perfect performance, but it's still better than most of the crap here. There have been PLENTY of trainwreck performances on Idol and this certainly isn't one of them :kissbye:

Gigi

She is a favorite of mine and I still follow her, but I haven't cared much for her post-Idol material.

Sola

I hate this song choice for most people.  That said she did sing it well.

Amanda

Not the best from JAX, but I don't hate it.

Chris

I am probably one of the few JAX fan around here, but this performance was not it ; It's easily one of my least favourite of hers. 

Wally

For my Season 14 rankings, I was totally expecting to rank this performance last but then another performance made it through so this moves up to #19. I am surprised this performance made it into the Top 20. I thought this was a fine performance but that's all I really think about it. "Piece Of My Heart" is one of those songs where I think it's difficult to make an outstanding or really great performance of (although Asia'h Epperson was an exception). JAX's version was one of the better ones, I suppose. I thought she sang and performed the song well at times, but I wasn't a fan of some of her vocal ad-libs and runs. This is one of those poser-type rock performances. Overall, I felt this was a middle of the road kind of performance from her run.

Reason for this #15 ranking: A fun performance from JAX. I liked this well enough to place this in my Top 15. However, her higher notes/runs that she did kept me from ranking this any higher. In fact, it made me drop this a few spots lol. I can see my #16 being objectively better but I was more entertained by this.

Lily

Not quite sure what was going on here. I don't think it was bad by any means but it just felt inauthentic to me. EDIT: I'm 30 further seconds in and yeah I don't like this.

Andrew

My husband will probably give me flack for ranking her this high but I don’t hate her as much as he does. I still don’t want this to win though.

Crisis

JAX is one of my least favorite contestants, and performances like these are why. She came across as affected and unnatural during the season, and this was no different. It’s not her worst, but it’s not one to write home about neither.

Nico

God I hate her tone, now I remember why I decided to skip playing this season

Zoey

I can’t stand her voice

Richard

Going into this, I wasn’t expecting this to be that bad… but yikes. Off-putting sultry delivery, affected vocals, growling the high notes instead of hitting them. All on a song I never want to hear covered on this show again. At least Ryan Starr’s performance was memorable and at least somewhat original, unlike this.

Elliott

Terrible. I've made no secret that JAX is one of my least favourite Idol contestants and I didn't enjoy any moment of this. Actually, that's a lie. I enjoyed when it ended.

Steven

This was a mess. I don't like her affected style of singing.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #15 Posted)
6 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Someone help a sister out for god sake.

he's revealing them from the middle out.  Jax finished 15th/20 1st is still the highest rated and best of the worst, but many of us want to see what places 20th twice.

Edited by Solaris

11 minutes ago, Zoey said:

So is 20th the worst of 1st? Someone help a girl out.

If it means Jax was 15th because it was good then I’m done.

The ranking system is still normal. 1 is the favorite performance and 20 is the least favorite. I just did the reveal a little different to add some ~suspense~ about what our least favorite of the bunch is. I won't do it like this again though :haha:

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

The ranking system is still normal. 1 is the favorite performance and 20 is the least favorite. I just did the reveal a little different to add some ~suspense~ about what our least favorite of the bunch is. I won't do it like this again though :haha:

But when im drunk that is a mess lol

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

didn't realize so many people hated this performance, thats a lot of 20th places

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Well I guess Wally was right about Jax? Weird I knew she had some haters but I wasn't expected that many low scores.  :dead:

Lmaoo yeah this was why JAX was so difficult to predict. :dead:  I had a feeling she would have a balance mix of high and low rankings, but just couldn't figure out if she would be in the bottom half or top half.

So yeah looks like my first guess was right she ended up being in the Bottom 6. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lmaoo yeah this was why JAX was so difficult to predict. :dead:  I had a feeling she would have a balance mix of high and low rankings, but just couldn't figure out if she would be in the bottom half or top half.

So yeah looks like my first guess was right she ended up being in the Bottom 6. :haha: 

Who are the other 4 names that you think are going to be in the bottom?

LOL Yeah JAX's ranking here makes sense as I knew she would have a lot of high and a lot of low rankings here (and then not really much in the middle). :haha: I'm just surprised the polarizing rankings of her got her down to 15th as I thought her ranks would have gotten her to 12th or 11th or so. 

I do get everyone's comments on this though.  :haha: lol Andrew's comment of Elliott getting mad at him with having her this ~high when he just ranked her at 17th. :dead: I do probably feel most agreement with Lily's and Crisis' comments (except I don't think of JAX as one of my least favorites).

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Who are the other 4 names that you think are going to be in the bottom?

Ryan Starr + all of the remaining guys. :dead: I think..... Sam, Dillon, Dalton and I forgot who else there was remaining. Oooh Laine.

Ugh Carrie is probably going to win because I didn’t participate. I’m more interested to see who you guys ranked the very worst among all the top 20s though

On 7/23/2022 at 1:41 AM, *Wallace said:

It should be. But with it being a memorable trainwreck, it'll probably work in its favor and rank high. :dead: 

Ryan should win because this is a celebration of the worst. 🥰