Who was your first snowflake ever on this show?

Gustavo527

Who was the first contestant that you remember being your #1 favorite in a season of The Voice?

Personally, mine was Matt McAndrew. Man, i remember hating that season because some of the results were trash (like, Ryan Sill making it to the Top 8, what the f*ck Gwen?), but Matt was the one that keep me watching it, especially after Taylor Phelan elimination. He is still to this day one of my favorite contestants ever and when he lost to Craig was probably the most dissapointing finale result ever, at least, for me. 

I can go in terms of my favorite from each season where I had a clear favorite but I don't remember what order I started stanning people (since the majority of my watching has been out of order and scrounging up YouTube clips). I put an asterisk by my favorites.

Season 2: Juliet Simms

Season 5: Caroline Pennell

Season 6: Sisaundra Lewis

Season 7: Matt McAndrew

Season 8: Sawyer Fredericks*

Season 9: Amy Vachal

Season 11: Wé McDonald

Season 12: Stephanie Rice*

Season 14: Kyla Jade

Season 16: Maelyn Jarmon*

There were a couple of seasons where I had a few I couldn't pick between (Season 4 with Sasha/Sarah/Amber/Michelle, Season 10 with Laith/Hannah/Alisan, and Season 15 with Kymberli/MaKenzie/Patrique) and then seasons where I liked a lot of the artists (particularly the last two - Ricky D./Will/Rose/Mendeleyev/Kyndal/Kat and Todd T./TMH/Thunderstorm/Toneisha/Micah/Cedrice) so I just left those off the list.

Of my top 3 favorites, the pattern seems to be every other spring season where I have a runaway favorite that I get kind of high-key obsessed with - so guess it's time for me to start finding someone to throw my support behind when we eventually get S20 information.

Started since S3, but no one was stan worthy. S4 though..... hello Amber Carrington 😍

"Good Girl" got me interested, I didn't think she would make it far tbh. Especially when seeing she was against Sasha, but she held her own and proved she wasn't to be messed with. Sasha still good though, but Amber slayed her. 

"I'm With You" and following up with "Stay" made me a die-hard stan. Even with a couple bumps "Breakaway" and "Firework" which I still believe were only average and not bad. Amber still slayed with "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" "Skyfall" "I Remember You" "Crazy" and of course "SAD"(Performance of the season) I just couldn't resist.

• Like 1

I remembered watching the show because of Amanda Brown and Sylvia Yacoub on Season 3. But answering the question, it will have to be (RIP) Christina Grimmie, I legit cried for more than a day when I heard the news of her passing. I was so pumped up when I learned she'll be joining The Voice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a casual fan of The Voice but have enjoyed for awhile. Never got into any of the intrigue or spoiler stuff before the past week.☺️  But I do recall some of my favorites...Maelyn Jarmon, Katie Kadan, Jordan Smith, Thunderstorm, Ricky Duran, We McDonald.

If I understand correctly what a "snowflake" is, then my first ever was definitely Maelyn Jarmon. I totally followed her and was completely captivated by her "Hallelujah" descending the stairs 🌠  Still regularly watch it! 😍

On 10/12/2020 at 4:54 PM, David68 said:

My first snowflake was Hunter Plake. 

This.  I actually had snowflakes from at least season seven and on (I never really got invested in anyone in my first season, season six), but this was my season twelve snowflake.

My snowflakes are kind of unconventional.  I look at this forum's tastes and realize that mine very much differ from season to season.

Season seven was actually pretty drab for me, as I couldn't really spot anyone I liked that much.  But then a previous no-chair-turner from four seasons prior came onto the stage and rocked out with a nice reggae Blind that turned all four chairs.  And by the time the pitch session was over, she picked then-newcomer Gwen as her coach.

Whom do I mean?  None other than Anita Antoinette.  Something about her drew my attention to her, and I wanted to follow her journey badly.  So of course, I hated seeing her Battle montaged.  I just wish that the show had let her keep herself in the reggae lane, even if it meant not reaching the end.

As for snowflakes that followed:

Season 8: India Carney, Kimberly Nichole, Rob Taylor (basically, Christina's entire top three!), Sarah Potenza, Meghan Linsey, and Hannah Kirby.

Season 9: Lyndsey Elm (the first time a snowflake of mine ever left pre-Lives) and Viktor Kiraly (at least after he got off Adam's team and onto Gwen's).

Season 10: Alisan Porter (my first winning snowflake!), Hannah Huston, and Mary Sarah.

Season 11: Aaron Gibson, Ali Caldwell, Christian Cuevas (did this site hate him that much to not give him a fan thread?), and Wé McDonald.

Season 12: Hunter Plake, JChosen, and Vanessa Ferguson.

Season 13: Chris Weaver, Janice Freeman, and Noah Mac.

Season 14: Britton Buchanan, Brynn Cartelli (winning snowflake!), and Dylan Hartigan.

Season 15: Chevel Shepherd (winning snowflake!), Kennedy Holmes, Kymberli Joye, MaKenzie Thomas, OneUp, and Tyshawn Colquitt.

Season 16: The Bundys, Cecily Hennigan, Jej Vinson, Maelyn Jarmon (winning snowflake!), Mikaela Astel, Rizzi Myers, and Shawn Sounds (weird how a season that turned out so bad had so many snowflakes for me).

Season 17: Hello Sunday (Knockouts and on ONLY), Jake HaldenVang, Katie Kadan, and Rose Short.

Season 18: Thunderstorm Artis and Zan Fiskum.

Season 19: Cami Clune, Carter Rubin, and Payge Turner.

I told you that mine are unconventional.😝

Edited by Rodney

17 minutes ago, Rodney said:

This.  I actually had snowflakes from at least season seven and on (I never really got invested in anyone in my first season, season six), but this was my season twelve snowflake.

My snowflakes are kind of unconventional.  I look at this forum's tastes and realize that mine very much differ from season to season.

Season seven was actually pretty drab for me, as I couldn't really spot anyone I liked that much.  But then a previous no-chair-turner from four seasons prior came onto the stage and rocked out with a nice reggae Blind that turned all four chairs.  And by the time the pitch session was over, she picked then-newcomer Gwen as her coach.

Whom do I mean?  None other than Anita Antoinette.  Something about her drew my attention to her, and I wanted to follow her journey badly.  So of course, I hated seeing her Battle montaged.  I just wish that the show had let her keep herself in the reggae lane, even if it meant not reaching the end.

As for snowflakes that followed:

Season 8: India Carney, Kimberly Nichole, and Rob Taylor (basically, Christina's entire top three!).

Season 9: Lyndsey Elm (the first time a snowflake of mine ever left pre-Lives) and Viktor Karaly (at least after he got off Adam's team and onto Gwen's).

Season 10: Alisan Porter (my first winning snowflake!) and Hannah Huston.

Season 11: Aaron Gibson, Ali Caldwell, Christian Cuevas (did this site hate him that much to not give him a fan thread?), and Wé McDonald.

Season 12: Hunter Plake, JChosen, and Vanessa Ferguson.

Season 13: Chris Weaver, Janice Freeman, and Noah Mac.

Season 14: Britton Buchanan, Brynn Cartelli (winning snowflake!), and Dylan Hartigan.

Season 15: Chevel Shepherd (winning snowflake!), Kennedy Holmes, Kymberli Joye, MaKenzie Thomas, OneUp, and Tyshawn Colquitt.

Season 16: The Bundys, Cecily Hennigan, Jej Vinson, Maelyn Jarmon (winning snowflake!), Mikaela Astel, Rizzi Myers, and Shawn Sounds (weird how a season that turned out so bad had so many snowflakes for me).

Season 17: Hello Sunday (Knockouts and on ONLY), Jake HaldenVang, Katie Kadan, and Rose Short.

Season 18: Thunderstorm Artis and Zan Fiskum.

Season 19: Cami Clune, Carter Rubin, and Payge Turner.

I told you that mine are unconventional.😝

How is this unconventional? 4/12 seasons one of your snowflakes won, and I see numerous other IDF favs there. The only thing I don’t see is a Team Adam contestant. :P

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How is this unconventional? 4/12 seasons one of your snowflakes won, and I see numerous other IDF favs there. The only thing I don’t see is a Team Adam contestant. :P

There are a quite a few there who aren't forum favorites, as well.

As for the last part, I did put one up there, even if he didn't stay there.

9 hours ago, Rodney said:

There are a quite a few there who aren't forum favorites, as well.

As for the last part, I did put one up there, even if he didn't stay there.

I also noticed only ONE Team Blake member, and she was eliminated in the battles. 😂

6 minutes ago, B-B said:

IMO he didn’t seem like a sore loser, he just seemed like a very emotional person

Not to me. He just rubbed me the wrong way too, especially in Hollywood Week, when he was so upset that his partner left, when the main reason for it was because he decided to include some stupid arrangement. He shouldn’t have even made it past Hollywood Week imo, but now I’m getting off-topic... :stealth: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So on one hand, the first performance that made me interested in watching the show was Lindsey Pavao singing "Skinny Love" (Season 2). I had watched Season 2 while channel-surfing before that (and I remember seeing RaeLynn sing "Wake Up Call" and I thought it was AWFUL), but that "Skinny Love" performance absolutely captivated me. Then she was voted off the next night and I didn't watch again until the next season. But I bought her song on iTunes and watched the full season later.

But my first REAL snowflake was Trevin Hunte (Season 3), who I was obsessed with since his audition. I loved Amanda Brown too, but there were a few nights when I only watched Trevin's performance and then changed the channel lol. His voice was just so beautiful. I got my entire family interested in the show when he sang "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," which is still in my top 5 for all-time greatest performances on the show. I was so mad when he was eliminated, that I didn't even watch the season finale.

Second snowflake was Amber Carrington (Season 4) - another one where I was so salty when she was eliminated, that I almost didn't watch the finale. But I tuned in for Michelle, and then got salty again when she didn't win lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bouli said:

So on one hand, the first performance that made me interested in watching the show was Lindsey Pavao singing "Skinny Love" (Season 2). I had watched Season 2 while channel-surfing before that (and I remember seeing RaeLynn sing "Wake Up Call" and I thought it was AWFUL), but that "Skinny Love" performance absolutely captivated me. Then she was voted off the next night and I didn't watch again until the next season. But I bought her song on iTunes and watched the full season later.

I didn’t watch S2 but Lindsey’s version is one of my favorites :wub: