The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Well, I am quite aware that Anna Grace is probably reading this thread and it makes very difficult to comment, because I don't wanna hurt her feelings. But I do think she has a nice tone, which I've said way before this season aired. Her head voice is beautiful and her low notes, too. Perhaps it's a problem with me. I don't enjoy too many runs and that's not a rabbit she will be able to continue pulling out of her hat during the competition. But she was great, good luck. 

My Future is a very bizarre song choice for a blind audition, and that’s probably why I enjoyed it. It felt very fresh. I wasn’t a fan of some of the runs but everything else was solid imo.

Funnily enough, I was one of the few people pre-show who didn’t quite get Anna’s appeal.

Edit: After several listens, I started to hear some of the issues already pointed out by other users. So it probably went from a 9 to a 7.5 - 8 for me.

Edited by Daillon

5 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Well, I am quite aware that Anna Grace is probably reading this thread and it makes very difficult to comment, because I don't wanna hurt her feelings. But I do think she has a nice tone, which I've said way before this season aired. Her head voice is beautiful and her low notes, too. Perhaps it's a problem with me. I don't enjoy too many runs and that's not a rabbit she will be able to continue pulling out of her hat during the competition. But she was great, good luck. 

same i really like her tone and her head voice is stunning

10 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

She's definitely reading the forum right now, tbh.

Yeah she probably is (or will be)

I don't think anyone's said anything particularly negative about her voice. She's clearly very capable and the sources seemed to really love her in both battles and KO's. She just ended up with a perplexing song choice that I don't think truly reflected what she's capable of. Very few contestants could've even attempted it.

That being said... she got 4 chairs to turn so our opinions literally mean ~nothing~ ;)

Looking forward to her battle and KO!

(and I'll remove the "Felten" from the front page, etc. since she's just going by Anna Grace.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I listened soo much to the original that I had some issues with this arrangement, but still think she did very good !

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Meme GIF

Ironically, I think the battle song that some though was very far from her wheelhouse could suit her more than my future, we'll see how this goes.

I mean.. she's good, like really good. I prefer her tone to Ryleigh probably (unpop) it was so thick but mellow at the same time

I know Chloe's version is the standard but like... they're two completely different artists, I don't think comparison to their performances would be valid imo. I love Chloe but I also love Anna Grace's. 

I'm really excited to hear her Amy Winehouse battle and If I Die Young cover 😍

• Like 3

I'm at work so can't see the leak until i get home, but after reading these comments i lower my expectations until i watch it myself, so i don't get too dissapointed. 

It's probably gonna be one of these auditions in which i'll need to take a few listens before i decide if i like it or not 

1 minute ago, ammonium said:

Surprised that Blake knew who Billie Eilish is

i remember that he compared Kat to her in season 17 and gave Kendra Checketts "bad guy" for her playoff performance in s16. - i think he actually likes some of her music

Edited by VoiceFan1234
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve2013 said:

I guess ok it four chairs ? Honestly I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt somebody deserved the four chairs

The last one who clearly screamed 4 chairs to me was Thunderstorm.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

I think we give too much credit to the number of chairs, I see it more as a coincidence when the four of them actually liked something at the same time

Even though sometimes it's a real testament of greatness (Maelyn, Cami, SandyRedd and others)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Anna Grace was great! Chloé was PHENOMENAL so it’s hard to top that version tho.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I think Anna's approach to the song was completely different from Chloe's. Chloe's approach was more jazzy while Anna's approach was more popish and upbeat. If you ask me, the four chairs were well-deserved. Good job Anna, since you're probably reading this! :thumbs:

• Like 3