The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

For real? I only see it for Todd and Thunderstorm, none of the others stand a chance. Now there's an argument for several of the other contestants joining them in the finale. 

yeah, I agree - and out of the people in the T9, the only one that I think truly can't make finale (that I can remember of the top of my head) is Zan

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I can imagine the tapings will be slightly delayed (as in, they won't be in June), but it's incredibly likely that we won't get an audience for at least the blinds (so RIP S19 spoilers...) I believe Will said in one of his blinds that he found out in April of last year that he'd made it to the blinds, so those final producer decisions might be pretty behind.

We don't even have the coaches for fall confirmed though lol

I've been wondering how long they could realistically push everything back and still have it on air in September. July, maybe early August with a super rushed filming schedule? I think audiences for the Blinds and probably Battles will definitely be out. Travel is an obvious obstacle, but the biggest thing is when more than a handful of people can be in the same place at the same time because the crew that makes the show work in the normal studio is rather large. 

Fall tv is going to be weird this year.

I'm gutted on how short this season is and the format, having said that these really is a strong top 9 and no one was robbed.  It's pleasant not to have anyone robbed.  However, Mike had his best performance last night, but based on consistancy, Joanna deserved it, that tone man. 

I just watched the new episodes of Songland yesterday.

We need Jeffrey James on Season 19. He is crazy goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. 

Edited by Nezz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nezz said:

I just watched the new episodes of Songland yesterday.

We need Jeffrey James on Season 19. He is crazy goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. 

Didn't he already not turn a chair in Season 3?

From MJ´s blog:

Next week’s theme on The Voice is Fan Week, and the remaining nine artists will perform songs dedicated to their biggest fans, whether it’s a family member in quarantine, a neighbor or even their hometown. Fan videos from across the country will introduce each performance remotely.

I´m expecting a lot of emotional songs then. TPTB couldn´t be more obvious about who they want to bus if they give a contestant an uptempo song next week.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Also from Mj´s blog

Top vote getter from each team advances to the The Voice finale. Remaining artists vie for the fifth spot

On the live Top 9 results show, the top vote-getter from each team will automatically earn a spot to compete in the finale. Then, for the first time in Voice history, the remaining artists will compete in a 5-way Instant Save for a chance to earn the fifth and final spot in the finale.

The voice´s first 5 way finale.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also from Mj´s blog

Top vote getter from each team advances to the The Voice finale. Remaining artists vie for the fifth spot

On the live Top 9 results show, the top vote-getter from each team will automatically earn a spot to compete in the finale. Then, for the first time in Voice history, the remaining artists will compete in a 5-way Instant Save for a chance to earn the fifth and final spot in the finale.

The voice´s first 5 way finale.

Confirm by Press Release

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/kane-brown-doja-cat-and-season-18-mega-mentor-james-taylor-are-set-perform-‘-voice’-airing?network=33129

On the live Top 9 results show, the top vote-getter from each team will automatically earn a spot to compete in the finale. Then, for the first time in “Voice” history, the remaining artists will compete in a 5-way Instant Save for a chance to earn the fifth and final spot in the finale. The artist with the most votes from the Instant Save will advance to the finale and rejoin their coach. Each coach will have at least one artist competing in the finale. Only one coach will have two artists vying for “The Voice” title. The Season 18 finale airs Monday, May 18 (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) and Tuesday, May 19 (9:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT) on NBC.

• Confused 1

Other semi-final plan in the press release

Next week’s theme on “The Voice” is Fan Week, and the remaining nine artists will perform songs dedicated to their biggest fans, whether it’s a family member in quarantine, a neighbor or even their hometown. Fan videos from across the country will introduce each performance remotely. The Monday show will open with a special performance of Sly and the Family Stone’s uplifting classic “Everyday People” featuring all four coaches Fans from across the country will also be incorporated into the opening performance. The coaches will continue to remote in from their home locations to provide artist feedback. 

On Monday, May 11, multiplatinum, four-time AMA winner Kane Brown returns to “The Voice” to debut his new hit “Cool Again.” 

Viral superstar Doja Cat will perform her platinum hit “Say So.”

Music icon and Season 18 Mega Mentor James Taylor and his son Henry will perform “Moon River” from his recently released new album “American Standard.”

On Tuesday, May 12,  John Legend will debut the performance video for his anthemic new single “Bigger Love,”  The video for the empowering new track is a celebration of love, resilience and hope, featuring an uplifting and heartfelt message for these current times.

On the Monday Top 9 performance show, audiences will get a closer look than ever before at the intimate coach-artist relationship in their home environments as the coaches not only guide the artists through the technical aspects of their performance but also provide personal mentorship as they navigate the pressures of the competition. They will also get a glimpse into the coaches’ lives in quarantine.