idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

One thing I’ve been wondering about. When the Coaches choose the singer to go into the T9, will they be told ahead of time what the vote order is? Since the next highest vote getter gets a shot at T9, do they strategize about who to put into a sing-off?

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

One thing I’ve been wondering about. When the Coaches choose the singer to go into the T9, will they be told ahead of time what the vote order is? Since the next highest vote getter gets a shot at T9, do they strategize about who to put into a sing-off?

they didn’t get that last year clearly due to johns mess up with khalea so that could go both ways; either they tell the coaches beforehand to prevent it from happening again or they stay with what they usually do which i find more likely.

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

yeah i am scared nick will do the strategy thing that the other coaches did last season (john not saving khalea, blake not saving gracee), which obviously didn’t turn out well. he might try to do that by saving michael

Will and Cali would have been saved even if there was no WC 

I'll be very annoyed if the coaches choose Mandi C or Michael Williams instead of Zan and Allegra (I'm not saying the other two aren't talented at all), they both deserve it more in my opinion by watching all the performances again during the season.  And it's not something I feel can't happen...

11 hours ago, Rodney said:

I understand that.  That place can be such a cesspool sometimes.

Any place on the internet is a cesspool . Even IDF as much as we'd like to admit we aren't. 😂

18 minutes ago, antikid said:

Will and Cali would have been saved even if there was no WC 

Sadly, that's true.  John and Blake have a history of picking those who fascinate them over those who could actually have a solid shot at going far.  At least Blake has a whole team full of people who could have a decent shot this season, while John really has no one (though based on the stats that were just posted this morning, CammWess might have a chance).

Kelly also seems to have that problem, given her past inexplicable saves of D.R. and Shane.  Though at least she saved Kymberli and Jej, both of whom made sense.  So I guess she's been half-and-half on that.

It'll be interesting to see what Nick does tonight.  Does he go by team strength or whoever just fascinates him the most?  Thunderstorm or Michael is clearly the vote.  But if the former does, will Nick go by his fascination and save Michael or Roderick?  Or whoever has a real chance to get to the finale and save Allegra?  Arei is definitely the lame duck and almost certainly gone.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

I didn't appreciate it either.  She can't win anyway but singing in Spanish was stupid.  You have to be smart to be a great singer and she's all outta smarts.

1. Singing =/= Smarts

2. Mandi C. is smart, because in a season filled with R&B and Indie contestants, she stands out amongst them

3. Everyone is smart in their own way.

4. Mandi is a great singer.

Edited by xfactor22

As of right now, The top 17 performances greatest views on YouTube right now are extremely close. T-Storm has 133,783 views and Allegra has 133,077 views.

5 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

1. Singing =/= Smarts

2. Mandi C. is smart, because in a season filled with R&B and Indie contestants, she stands out amongst them

3. Everyone is smart in their own way.

4. Mandi is a great singer.

But people who don't understand Spanish I don't think they felt identified with what she sang so I don't think she managed to make the viewers of the porgram feel any kind of emotion? I don't speak for everyone the same, I just think that's why maybe it wasn't the best idea to sing in Spanish when those who vote for you are the viewers.

13 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

But people who don't understand Spanish I don't think they felt identified with what she sang so I don't think she managed to make the viewers of the porgram feel any kind of emotion? I don't speak for everyone the same, I just think that's why maybe it wasn't the best idea to sing in Spanish when those who vote for you are the viewers.

I have no clue how to speak spanish, but I enjoyed her performance and voted for her. Also, emotion is highly subjective and i thought she connected very well emotionally. And maybe Latin typically isn't the best genre to sing on the voice, but when your hometown is San Antonio, there could not be a better genre to rally SA voters. 

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

My question is will the show ever end?

As long as it keeps getting those 9m+ viewers nope. 

6 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

emotion is highly subjective and i thought she connected very well emotionally

Yeah, she seemed pretty connected to the song tho

they didn’t get that last year clearly due to johns mess up with khalea so that could go both ways; either they tell the coaches beforehand to prevent it from happening again or they stay with what they usually do which i find more likely.

Still baffled that people think Khalea was robbed. She peaked at her blind audition and got a bad song for PO's. She got the lowest votes on the team and in a season with Rose, Katie, and Myracle, there was no reason that she had to go through as well. She was DOA going into playoffs and it had nothing to do with John.

As much as I loved Cali, Blake picking her definitely prevented Gracee from getting the spot that she earned based off of that PO's performance. Cali had the worst/most polarizing performance of the night.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here are my predictions based on all of Social Media views. 

Team Nick: 

Peoples Save: Thunderstorm

Nicks Save: Micheal Or Roderick

Wildcard: Allegra Miles 

Team Kelly:

Peoples Save: Micah Iverson

Kellys Save: Megan Danielle

Wildcard: Mandi Thomas

Team Blake:

Peoples Save: Todd Tilghman

Blake’s Save: Joei Fulco

Wildcard: Joanna Serenko

Team John:

Peoples Save: CamWess 

Johns Save: Mandi Castillo 

Wildcard: Zan Fiskum

TBH this seems about right. If you look at all the views and stuff Micah, Cam, Todd, and Thunderstorm all have the highest views on all of social media I wish we can look at ITunes to see who was trending the highest rank. BTW: Watch Toneisha get robbed tonight. It’s so sad it’s going down to 9 artist only, WOW!

Edited by VoiceTakeover890

36 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

As someone who does speak Spanish and thoroughly enjoyed her performance, I agree that it's a risky choice. Obviously it's harder for the general audience to connect to her (even once you take out the small "IN 'MURICA WE SPEAK ENGLISH" crowd), but I'll argue that she did a solid job and conveyed the emotion properly. I definitely appreciate that the show let her do what she does best, but singing a song in Spanish during one of the most critical rounds in the show has clearly been polarizing.

I know she won't be getting the PV and I won't be too mad if she doesn't get John's save, but I wouldn't call her singing in Spanish a bad choice... just a risky one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

As someone who does speak Spanish and thoroughly enjoyed her performance, I agree that it's a risky choice. Obviously it's harder for the general audience to connect to her (even once you take out the small "IN 'MURICA WE SPEAK ENGLISH" crowd), but I'll argue that she did a solid job and conveyed the emotion properly. I definitely appreciate that the show let her do what she does best, but singing a song in Spanish during one of the most critical rounds in the show has clearly been polarizing.

I know she won't be getting the PV and I won't be too mad if she doesn't get John's save, but I wouldn't call her singing in Spanish a bad choice... just a risky one.

mood GIF

Same to all of this - she made a risky choice but we'll have to see how it plays out.

18 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Here are my predictions based on all of Social Media views. 

Team Nick: 

Peoples Save: Thunderstorm

Nicks Save: Micheal Or Roderick

Wildcard: Allegra Miles 

Team Kelly:

Peoples Save: Micah Iverson

Kellys Save: Megan Danielle

Wildcard: Mandi Thomas

Team Blake:

Peoples Save: Todd Tilghman

Blake’s Save: Joei Fulco

Wildcard: Joanna Serenko

Team John:

Peoples Save: CamWess 

Johns Save: Mandi Castillo 

Wildcard: Zan Fiskum

TBH this seems about right. If you look at all the views and stuff Micah, Cam, Todd, and Thunderstorm all have the highest views on all of social media I wish we can look at ITunes to see who was trending the highest rank. BTW: Watch Toneisha get robbed tonight. It’s so sad it’s going down to 9 artist only, WOW!

You think Blake is going to save Joei over Toneisha???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

You think Blake is going to save Joei over Toneisha???

Not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

mood GIF

Same to all of this - she made a risky choice but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Hopefully it plays out well...but just in case I hope SA and Mandi is ready to save her, if John doesn't. 

Edited by xfactor22

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

Honestly, I'm starting to think the # of  bizarre  of IDF-Voice conspiracies is more than the amount of  idiotic COVID19 conspiracies, and that's saying something. 

4 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Hopefully it plays out well...but just in case I hope SA and Mandi is ready to save her, if John doesn't. 

They didn't mention Mandi was from San Antonio last night. She performed from Carlsbad here in California. Not expecting the SA crowd you're talking about to come out in full force.

47 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Still baffled that people think Khalea was robbed. She peaked at her blind audition and got a bad song for PO's. She got the lowest votes on the team and in a season with Rose, Katie, and Myracle, there was no reason that she had to go through as well. She was DOA going into playoffs and it had nothing to do with John.

As much as I loved Cali, Blake picking her definitely prevented Gracee from getting the spot that she earned based off of that PO's performance. Cali had the worst/most polarizing performance of the night.

you missed the point of what I said. it doesn't matter whether she deserved to move on; if you saw the look in john's eyes, you'd know that he expected her to be in the IS, which shows that the coaches do not know votes beforehand, my original point.

9 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

you missed the point of what I said. it doesn't matter whether she deserved to move on; if you saw the look in john's eyes, you'd know that he expected her to be in the IS, which shows that the coaches do not know votes beforehand, my original point.

Ah, that's my mistake then. I don't remember the look and still don't personally think he would've tried to save Khalea in any scenario (Katie, MB, and Will were always going to be his top 3 in my eyes, regardless of how everyone performed), but I can definitely see him expecting Khalea to get more votes than Alex.

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Ah, that's my mistake then. I don't remember the look and still don't personally think he would've tried to save Khalea in any scenario (Katie, MB, and Will were always going to be his top 3 in my eyes, regardless of how everyone performed), but I can definitely see him expecting Khalea to get more votes than Alex.

yeah, he looked really shocked (it was kinda funny tbh) so I guessed that they don't know the votes, but at the end of the day who knows (especially with nbc's vague rules)