idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, nobody is expecting a shocker tonight? Nick saving Michael instead of Allegra, John saving Mike over Mandi/Zan/CammWess, Toneisha not getting Blake´s save? Something? 😂

Maybe I could see Blake saving Joei and especially John saving Mike. Although I think Nick is set on Allegra, if a shocker happens.... drama will be fun tbh!

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Also, nobody is expecting a shocker tonight? Nick saving Michael instead of Allegra, John saving Mike over Mandi/Zan/CammWess, Toneisha not getting Blake´s save? Something? 😂

IDF is so off guard rn 😆. It's gonna be really fun tonight 😂

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I expect the shocker to come from Kelly or Nick - the former has been known to make some really side-eye-worthy choices for her team in the past and the latter is the new guy with no predisposed patterns of behavior. John's got a thing for saving polarizing contestants (Celia of S16 and Will in S17) and Blake's soft spot for gospel-rooted power singers is well-known.

Posted (edited)

If we do get a shocker, i´ll be from the Coaches Save or the Wildcarld members/winner, the PVs are clearly going to Todd, TStorm, one of Megan/Micah, and one of Zan/CammWess, but I have a bad feeling for Team Legend. Zan and CammWess were the top 2 of his team and yet knowing John, I feel like one of them is gonna be eliminated tonight

Edited by Misirlou

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

John saving Mike would be hilarious 

get ready for me to make a whole scene if Allegra gets eliminated

last season I looked at others who were having meltdowns over this show confusedly, now I have morphed into those people.

• Haha 1

If Samantha Howell had won the Four Way Knockout, She would do the Kacey Musgraves version of Neon Moon by Brooks & Dunn

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

get ready for me to make a whole scene if Allegra gets eliminated

last season I looked at others who were having meltdowns over this show confusedly, now I have morphed into those people.

That ain't happening! She's the only one who could outperform Thunderstorm at this point.

That said, sometimes these coaches go "strategic" and pick personal favorites over actual contenders, which is really dumb because the instant save format favors the better song choice, carefully selected by TPTB, of course. So Nick’s only gotta make the easiest decision of his entire life and save Allegra, if needed. 

On the other hand, Team Kelly and Team John have the potential to be a clown fest tbh 😂

Edited by echoap
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

The youtube views are extremely low this season 

I mean, I wouldn't call an audition with 8.4M views "extremely low" but do you. 

(Yes, I know they put Nick's name in the title and that probably drew in a lot more than usual, but still - by comparison, last season's highest viewed audition currently has 3.2M; six from this season are higher than that, four of which weren't leaked).

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

(Yes, I know they put Nick's name in the title and that probably drew in a lot more than usual, but still - by comparison, last season's highest viewed audition currently has 3.2M; six from this season are higher than that, four of which weren't leaked).

Yeah Micah, Thunderstorm and Allegra already have x2-x3 times as much as the highest from last season 

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I mean the lowest views for the play offs. All performances are under 100K

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Fair enough (though Allegra and Thunderstorm are both currently at ~117k, otherwise everyone is below that mark).

Which seasons do you think contain the most talent? 
Spring Seasons or Fall seasons 

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Which seasons do you think contain the most talent? 
Spring Seasons or Fall seasons 

Fall seasons: Great talent, mediocre winner.

Spring seasons: Mediocre talent, great winner.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, echoap said:

That ain't happening! She's the only one who could outperform Thunderstorm at this point.

That said, sometimes these coaches go "strategic" and pick personal favorites over actual contenders, which is really dumb because the instant save format favors the better song choice, carefully selected by TPTB, of course. So Nick’s only gotta make the easiest decision of his entire life and save Allegra, if needed. 

On the other hand, Team Kelly and Team John have the potential to be a clown fest tbh 😂

yeah i am scared nick will do the strategy thing that the other coaches did last season (john not saving khalea, blake not saving gracee), which obviously didn’t turn out well. he might try to do that by saving michael

36 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

yeah that’s cause the POs were one day ago, while other POs were half a year or more ago. give it time and the views will likely surpass other seasons due to stay at home orders

8 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Fall seasons: Great talent, mediocre winner.

Spring seasons: Mediocre talent, great winner.

Except for Season 13, though. 

Great talent and great winner.

The best season to date, imo.

Usually fall seasons are the most exciting ones, and by this point it will probably continue that way, since they are shortening the spring ones.

Just want to point out that this season had probably the most hated set of blinds on IDF that I´ve seen, and all of a sudden people are really invested and loving this season lol. Some great progress from the contestants was made from Blinds to Battles and Knockouts. I personally think this is the best season since S13 tbh.

1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Except for Season 13, though. 

Great talent and great winner.

The best season to date, imo.

I wasn’t a Chloe fan tbh, never got her hype.

There are exceptions though, S11 has weak talent AND a weak winner.

whereas this season has a lot of talent but the winner is... probably mediocre for me (Todd)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Usually fall seasons are the most exciting ones, and by this point it will probably continue that way, since they are shortening the spring ones.

Just want to point out that this season had probably the most hated set of blinds on IDF that I´ve seen, and all of a sudden people are really invested and loving this season lol. Some great progress from the contestants was made from Blinds to Battles and Knockouts. I personally think this is the best season since S13 tbh.

Agreed

12 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

I wasn’t a Chloe fan tbh, never got her hype.

There are exceptions though, S11 has weak talent AND a weak winner.

whereas this season has a lot of talent but the winner is... probably mediocre for me (Todd)

Last season as well.. Katie, Rose, Durant...and then Jake wins. Will, Marybeth, i thought some people like Joanna and Max were great as well. Jake was a really weak winner of that season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Theleaguan said:

Last season as well.. Katie, Rose, Durant...and then Jake wins. Will, Marybeth, i thought some people like Joanna and Max were great as well. Jake was a really weak winner of that season.

Jake was good within his genre, but compared to the rest of the final four he didn't have any big "stand out" performances (other than his Desperado cover in the semifinals, which was still not the best of the night overall) while the others at least had a few really big ones (Katie's "Always Remember Us This Way" and "Rolling in the Deep," Ricky's "You Are The Best Thing" and "Born Under a Bad Sign," and Rose's "God's Country" as well as her "I Want to Know What Love Is"). 

• Like 1