idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

Zan will not make Top 2, or even finale given her support. She also has a low chance of getting PV here over CammWess, and might not get CS. Furthermore, Mandi will not make finale because a lot of minivan hates her cause she beat Thunderstorm (think SaRayah) and anyways, there are many other more popular singers this season.

First, there is never a never. Zan reminds me of Alisan Porter, and was one of the technically best tonight.  CamWess, while his performance was solid, he reminds me of the type of contestant that doesn't resonate with the typical audience. Thirdly, about the Thunderstorm Artis thing:  Thunderstorm  still advanced and  only IDF is that petty about not wanting someone to advance just cause they beat their snowflake in a pre-live round.  I also think IDF might be overestimating Thunderstorm's demographic appeal. Fourthly, he's not even on team John anymore, so him advancing to the top 9 won't have any effect on any of Team John advancing to the top 9.  Besides, Mandi is from SA and SA is known to rally behind saved contestants from their hometown (Think Spensha). I am not saying you're wrong or right, just telling you potential evidence of why i think something could happen

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Apparently people on Facebook also don't appreciate Mandi singing in Spanish. 

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Deleting/deactiviting my Facebook is the greatest thing I've ever done for mental health. I get angry/frustrated much less often now lol.

It's usually a vocal few people that complain a lot about things. Many people, especially her hometown i think will love it. Not to mention where you are and your facebook settings could influence what posts you see first.  

10 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Apparently people on Facebook also don't appreciate Mandi singing in Spanish. 

I didn't appreciate it either.  She can't win anyway but singing in Spanish was stupid.  You have to be smart to be a great singer and she's all outta smarts.

2 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

First, there is never a never. Zan reminds me of Alisan Porter, and was one of the technically best tonight.  CamWess, while his performance was solid, he reminds me of the type of contestant that doesn't resonate with the typical audience. Thirdly, about the Thunderstorm Artis thing:  Thunderstorm  still advanced and  only IDF is that petty about not wanting someone to advance just cause they beat their snowflake in a pre-live round.  I also think IDF might be overestimating Thunderstorm's demographic appeal. Fourthly, he's not even on team John anymore, so him advancing to the top 9 won't have any effect on any of Team John advancing to the top 9.  Besides, Mandi is from SA and SA is known to rally behind saved contestants from their hometown (Think Spensha). I am not saying you're wrong or right, just telling you potential evidence of why i think something could happen

it's pretty hard to argue with you because you seem to firmly stand by your beliefs, but my unbiased sense tells me Zan isn't making finale. She doesn't have great social stats, and this isn't a weak season. She might have great vocal abilities, but she hasn't left a big mark on the audience as a whole. I get what you're saying that technically anything could happen, but there are more than four singers with far stronger support than Zan has. She's going to have a tough time making it to the Top 9, let alone the finale.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

it's pretty hard to argue with you because you seem to firmly stand by your beliefs, but my unbiased sense tells me Zan isn't making finale. She doesn't have great social stats, and this isn't a weak season. She might have great vocal abilities, but she hasn't left a big mark on the audience as a whole. I get what you're saying that technically anything could happen, but there are more than four singers with far stronger support than Zan has. She's going to have a tough time making it to the Top 9, let alone the finale.

I kind of take offense that you say "it's hard to argue with you because i stand firmly in my beliefs" Firstly, I don't want to argue with anyone. A conversation talking about why we think the way we do, without trying to convince the other person their opinion is wrong is far more productive and relaxing. Secondly, if I did stand firmly in my beliefs about contestants and was not open to other contestants, i wouldn't have praised Joana tonight, nor would I have criticized Roderick as much as I did today. Thirdly,  I don't have a hard favorite/snowflake this season,  and while i have a couple contestants I consider myself a fan of, I'm not stanning any of them, so I'm actually less biased than usual. Thirdly,  TV  social media and stats can be misleading. I'm analyzing who's likely to advanced due to performance, demographics, and similar contestant archetypes of past seasons. I place more stock in those factors than social media/itunes/etc. data considering they can be easily manipulated. Fifthly, if i analyzed it using personal bias  , I would've said "Mandi C will  definitely win" or "Mike Jerel is definitely in the finale"..but i said neither of those things. I said Mandi has a chance at the finale and that it's unfortunately unlikely   Mike will make it.

Edited by xfactor22

34 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Deleting/deactiviting my Facebook is the greatest thing I've ever done for mental health. I get angry/frustrated much less often now lol.

I understand that.  That place can be such a cesspool sometimes.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I kind of take offense that you say "it's hard to argue with you because i stand firmly in my beliefs" Firstly, I don't want to argue with anyone. A conversation talking about why we think the way we do, without trying to convince the other person their opinion is wrong is far more productive and relaxing. Secondly, if I did stand firmly in my beliefs about contestants and was not open to other contestants, i wouldn't have praised Joana tonight, nor would I have criticized Roderick as much as I did today. Thirdly,  I don't have a hard favorite/snowflake this season,  and while i have a couple contestants I consider myself a fan of, I'm not stanning any of them, so I'm actually less biased than usual. Thirdly,  TV  social media and stats can be misleading. I'm analyzing who's likely to advanced due to performance, demographics, and similar contestant archetypes of past seasons. I place more stock in those factors than social media/itunes/etc. data considering they can be easily manipulated. Fifthly, if i analyzed it using personal bias  , I would've said "Mandi C will  definitely win" or "Mike Jerel is definitely in the finale"..but i said neither of those things. I said Mandi has a chance at the finale and that it's unfortunately unlikely   Mike will make it.

Dude none of that was part of my point. I never said anything about you being biased about certain contestants. I just said it seemed that you firmly stand by your beliefs. I'm sorry if I didn't realize it looked that way, but all I was saying is you stand by your opinions in general. Again, I'm sorry if it offended you, but that's the vibe I keep getting from you. 

Jeez i sound like a jerk. Please just don't try to take it personally. 

Edited by FloorWax

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Dude none of that was part of my point. I never said anything about you being biased about certain contestants. I just said it seemed that you firmly stand by your beliefs. I'm sorry if I didn't realize it looked that way, but all I was saying is you stand by your opinions in general. Again, I'm sorry if it offended you, but that's the vibe I keep getting from you. 

Jeez i sound like a jerk. Please just don't try to take it personally. 

It's fine. But yeah, I can appear stubborn when i defend contestants, even ones I'm not the biggest fan of (ex: People hated On Mandi Thomas' performance, which i didn't get, though I'm not he biggest fan of her style). And itts fine, I can be a bit sensitive, you didn't do anything wrong. I just misinterpreted your post. Sorry bout that.  I can be biased, but my predictions I tried not to root them in bias, and more in their performance and similar types of contestants in season's past, but it's hard. Not everyone can be jork.

Edited by xfactor22

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

lol I wasn't talking about thunderstorm taking her votes, I was talking about people not liking Mandi because of that

Edited by ashwinner

1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

I dont think you should take offense to what someone else politely mentioned as constructive criticism - maybe try to think about why they might have said that instead of immediately being upset about it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Check everywhere. He’s literally 2nd or 3rd in most popular of ALL of the contestants rn. Social Media is the only thing we’re judging by, especially in this time rn. I’ve said it before lives and I’ll say it again: CammWess is John’s only shot for the finale (and possibly win). 

• Like 1

Still trying to convince myself John saves Zan over Mandi. Please!!!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

How about the view/like ratio? I’m too lazy to figure it out this season, plus I don’t know how indicative it is in such a short season. Jake had a stronger view/like ratio than Katie last season, even though she was dominating the views. Who’s the most polarizing contender this season? 

Hmm.. I don't really know about the ratio, but facebook as I said, now these 5 are leading the views like this: Todd T > Megan > Thunderstorm > Micah > CammWess

Edited by CufaFanvoice26

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Hmm.. I don't really know about the ratio, but facebook as I said, now these 5 are leading the views like this: Todd T > Megan > Thunderstorm > Micah > CammWess

These are the views/likes

Todd T       253/11
Megan       236/4.4
Tstorm      185/9
Micah        157/5.3
Camwess 142/7.2

Edited by Archanium
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Allegra with only 76K Facebook views. Only Arei, Mike, Zan and Roderick have less. I don’t view her as a frontrunner, but that surprises me a little. Her view/like ratio is good, though. 

Basically, we have Thunderstorm and Todd. The rest are varying degrees of fodder.  

Edited by TeamAudra

48 minutes ago, Archanium said:

These are the views/likes

Todd T       253/11
Megan       236/4.4
Tstorm      185/9
Micah        157/5.3
Camwess 142/7.2

Compare CammWess’s likes to theirs....so what does this mean? The ppl that usually like their performances weren’t too fond of it 👀

Can someone explain the picks today? 

America chooses one (Todd, CammWess, Thunderstorm, Meghan) 

Coaches choose one (Toneisha, Zan, Allegra, Micah) 

Where does the ninth come from? And yes, those are my predictions. 

2 minutes ago, StormZone said:

Can someone explain the picks today? 

America chooses one (Todd, CammWess, Thunderstorm, Meghan) 

Coaches choose one (Toneisha, Zan, Allegra, Micah) 

Where does the ninth come from? And yes, those are my predictions. 

The remaining top votegetter on each of the teams will fight in an Instant Save, only one will be picked.

Posted (edited)

View like ratios on Facebook:

Allegra 18.14 (very low views)

Roderick  19.66 (very low views)

Cammwess 20.13

T-Storm 20.85

Todd 22.54 (Very high views)

Toneisha 23.33

Zan 26.82 (very low views)

Michael 28.29

Joanna 28.42

Mike 29.41 (Very low views)

Micah 30.18

Arei 35.88 (Very low views)

Mandi C 40 (Very low views)

Cedrice 41.43

Joei 44.80 

Mandi T 51.18 (Very low views)

Megan 54.89 (Very high views)

Edited by TeamAudra

In instagram Megan is leading the views by a large margin over all, followed by Joanna, both about 50k out of everyone else, followed by Michael Williams who has a much smaller but 30k margin than the others. That makes me think that young people will vote for them more than others I think?

1 hour ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

In instagram Megan is leading the views by a large margin over all, followed by Joanna, both about 50k out of everyone else, followed by Michael Williams who has a much smaller but 30k margin than the others. That makes me think that young people will vote for them more than others I think?

I'm in a "younger" camp (about the same age as Zan/CammWess) and I wasn't overly fond of any of them; they did fine but for the first two they were not at the level I expected.

TBH at this point, I don't really care who wins a season. Mostly I care who makes it to the finale. Winning doesn't really correlate to future success, and it's not like we get any extra performances from the winner either.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, seak05 said:

TBH at this point, I don't really care who wins a season. Mostly I care who makes it to the finale. Winning doesn't really correlate to future success, and it's not like we get any extra performances from the winner either.

Same, I just want my favorites to have as many performances as possible. 

• Like 1

Megan and Micah are honestly interchangable when it comes to PV and CS. I personally think he deserves it after last night, but Megan definitely has power as well. Team Legend is the most unpredictable one for me, Camm and Zan seem to be neck to neck competing for the PV, but I don´t think John is gonna save the one that doesn´t get it.

• Like 1

Also, nobody is expecting a shocker tonight? Nick saving Michael instead of Allegra, John saving Mike over Mandi/Zan/CammWess, Toneisha not getting Blake´s save? Something? 😂