The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

Any predictions for next week's throwback clip? I'm hoping for a performance we didn't originally see like Loren's audition. I'm personally praying for Chloe and Ilianna's battle but I know that'll never happen...

I think it will be one of these 

- Billy Gilman 

- Wé Mcdonald 

- Kennedy Holmes 

- Maelyn Jarmon  

- Katie Kadan 

- Thunderstorm Artis .

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think it will be one of these 

- Billy Gilman 

- Wé Mcdonald 

- Kennedy Holmes 

- Maelyn Jarmon  

- Katie Kadan 

- Thunderstorm Artis .

I don't think they'll do it if its still on their channel but idk

3 hours ago, Torres said:

Brooke Simpson's audition airs next week on Agt

posted this already on the AGT thread but

Screenshot-2021-06-18-10-27-43-70.jpg

she looks so beautiful here 🤩 and her boyfriend's with her this time! Preparing for the slayage from this woman 💁🏻‍♀️

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Once it’s Blake birthday, Carson’s is around the corner lol. Oh and I believe Ariana’s is next week Saturday as well. Speaking of her, she liked the post. 

It’s also Chevel’s birthday today. 😊

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I didn’t even realize that Blake had the same birthday as Paul McCartney.

Yep. Macca is 79 yrs old now. And actually looks his age. Ringo on the other hand invented the fountain of youth that Pharrell drinks from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, ikwonic said:

Any predictions for next week's throwback clip? I'm hoping for a performance we didn't originally see like Loren's audition. I'm personally praying for Chloe and Ilianna's battle but I know that'll never happen...

Not a prediction, but a request: Koryn Hawthorne’s Make It Rain

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Not a prediction, but a request: Koryn Hawthorne’s Make It Rain

Honestly this would make sense. It’s one of the most iconic Voice performances ever and Koryn is one of the most successful Voice alumni.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Definitely. I agree with everything in the video and yet I still continue to watch 🤣

I agree with the concept of it, although I have to say I do enjoy the format. I find it very entertaining even after all these seasoms.

46 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I agree with the concept of it, although I have to say I do enjoy the format. I find it very entertaining even after all these seasoms.

Hot take: the Playoffs and Semifinal Bloodbaths are fine the way it is, they just need to go back to having more weeks between those two. I'll be perfectly happy with that change only, even if we have to keep team quotas.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Hot take: the Playoffs and Semifinal Bloodbaths are fine the way it is, they just need to go back to having more weeks between those two. I'll be perfectly happy with that change only, even if we have to keep team quotas.

I should especify that I was refering to the pre lives format, which was criticized in the video. (Blinds, battles, KOs). I still enjoy those rounds. 

But if we are talking lives, the current 3 week format has to go.

21 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Interesting watch. 

The point he makes about it being about the coaches is the most important one. Many people vote for their favorite coach, and don’t really care enough about the contestant to support their post-show career. We’re about to see that happen with Cam Anthony. Also, these same coach voters aren’t likely to support a winner from a coach they don’t like. It makes for an entertaining TV show, but it’s a garbage format for the contestants. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, Misirlou said:

Interesting watch. 

A couple things.

He’s comparing glory days Idol to current Voice rather than comparing current Idol to current Voice. Current Idol also relies on a  “famous before the show” judges panel. The two shows do equally well in the ratings.

I don’t really think he watches the Voice based on his characterization of Jordan Smith as “this guy who won”.  Any Voice fan knows who he is.

Despite saying that the Voice benefits the coaches more than the contestants (no argument there), he doesn’t address the fact that the two biggest financial successes from Idol aren’t contestants either. They are Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell.

• Like 4