The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

37 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

After watching Presley’s entire run, I just realized that she was either done dirty or involved in some drama for EVERY round. 

-Audition: She somehow only got one chair to turn around after her near flawless audition. 
-Battles: Was involved in the Rizzi Myers drama after some thought Rizzi deserved to win the battle. 
-Cross Battles: Anyone who wasn’t a country male on Team Blake was done dirty in this round (minus Maelyn who was #TooHotForCrossBattles.) Presley was given an extremely overdone song this round as well.
-Playoffs: After giving the second best performance of the night (only second to the Queen, though some might argue Presley was better), Presley didn’t get PV and was not saved by Kelly since Kelly was obsessed with Jej. 

It wasn't Jej's best performance but for some reason it was still my fav performance from team Kelly that night(Probably my top 3 performances of the night). So if I were Kelly I would have also picked Jej.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

1 hour ago, rainbowconnection said:

I saw thirst traps in the IDF dictionary. Wondering besides Ryan Gallagher who are the notable thirst traps through Voice history?

Josiah Hawley (S4)

Ryan Sill (S7)

Zach Seabaugh (S9) - He was a teen which makes it weird to call him a thirst trap, but he definitely made Semis because of his looks (+Team Blake ofc)

Nick Hagelin (S10) - His sob story was mainly what kept him around, but looks also played a part imo.

Edit: Didn’t watch S3, but Dez Duron probably would fit in this list.

Edited by Daillon
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:20 PM, QueenCami said:

For anyone who saw it, thoughts on Anaya Cheyenne's Knockout? I remember someone saying she messed it up (and I think the same person said Mandi's KO was one of the best they've seen). 

Any other details (or confirmation of that)?

I don't know anyone who attended the taping but I believe Mandi confirmed that their KO was the very last one taped.

Which means that, unless they did the 4-way KO after their KO like this season's 4-way KO was taped, Mandi vs. Anaya's KO was the last performance on The Voice that was taped in front of an in-studio audience :haha:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, rainbowconnection said:

I saw thirst traps in the IDF dictionary. Wondering besides Ryan Gallagher who are the notable thirst traps through Voice history?

Well I personally thirsted over Deanna and Maelyn quite a bit.  

I'm not even sorry. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

this is really random but i love seeing when alicia gets really excited for performances, probably because she's usually super calm and also the performances she usually likes are generally ones i also love.

for example, i think kyla's one night only, vanessa's if i were your woman, and all of chris' performances 

any ones i've missed? i kinda wanna search for some lol

• Like 1

Since I have nothing to do while waiting for the next episode, I'm ranking all the blinds we have so far after a week.

S

1. Zae - I didn't connect with this that much when it was first leak, but it has really grown on me, and on the latest replay it even made me tear up. Excellent audition.

2. Raine - I've been crazy over Raine's audition from the start and it still sounds new and fresh with every listen. Reminds me of Julia Cooper's blind from last season. I just can't get enough

3. Cam - It didn't have the same emotion as Zae's and didn't have the uniqueness of Raine's but vocals are spectacular and his runs give me goosebumps.

4. Victor - A great audition. I don't have much to say.

5. Pete - I feel like his audition is very underrated here. I know he's not to everyone's taste but I'm in love with his tone and how effortless he is on stage while nailing the vocals.

B

6. Kenzie - This actually... grew on me? Wasn't the biggest fan at first listen but this is actually a great audition. His tone is warming up to me.

7. Gean - That tone is something special. Thoroughly enjoyed this one.

8. Corey - Hate to put him this low, but I just didn't enjoy this performance as much as the others due to song choice. But vocally, he killed it.

9. Dana - This performance showed potential for her future performances. She could further impress with a better song choice.

C

10. Aaron - Good rendition of the song, but not very memorable.

11. Carolina - She needs to dial back the runs, but she's obviously a skilled vocalist and I'm slowly starting to appreciate her tone more.

12. Devan - He's average. He had some good parts but also some shaky ones.

13. Ethan - Meh. 

D

14. Christine - That didn't go anywhere and the high note she attempted was... not successful.

Edited by FloorWax

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

5. Pete - I feel like his audition is very underrated here. I know he's not to everyone's taste but I'm in love with his tone and how effortless he is on stage while nailing the vocals.

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016

Edited by VoiceFan1234

1 minute ago, Dov said:

I think I saw a Blake + Kelly turn in the sneak peek so maybe Keegan is actually on tonight 

Edit: could also be Emma

Keegan was in the sneak peek-y thing at the start of the episode.