The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

Better get on it! You have like 9 months left to do it.

Tbh, I think I’m just gonna post my rankings for all but the final 4 without explanations then do the final 4 with explanations to at least not be horrifically behind for S21.

Β 

Not ideal, but it’s not like you can’t see my S20 favorite from checking my signature πŸ€ͺ

• Haha 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

They really almost left you snowflakeless on S21 lol, but you found Joshua at the end.

Β 

Looking forward to see who you stan now, since you and I share pretty similar tastes.

Β 

NGL, I was getting really nervous about not getting anyone I like up until Reveal Day.

Β 

And yes, excited to see what the next season will offer us, but as much as I like discovering new artists each season, I'm glad for the extended break so I don't get overwhelmed with too many artists to follow, especially since a lot of them are making moves recently.

Β 

Something tells me that a lot of previous no-chairs may come back this season and TPTB will push one of them to win. If not, then TPTB will find some other theme, such as having the first AA female win, having another person from a minority group win, or having an alternative type artists or modern pop/R&B/Libianca-type artist win.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 1

Just now, Anybody354 said:

Something tells me that a lot of previous no-chairs may come back this season and TPTB will push one of them to win. If not, then TPTB will find some other theme, such as having the first AA female win, having another person from a minority group win, or having an alternative type artists or modern pop/R&B/Libianca-type artist win.

I'm still waiting for them to push for an indie singer, a Latin singer, or even a crooner to win.Β  It's time for those categories or genres to finally win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'm still waiting for them to push for an indie singer, a Latin singer, or even a crooner to win.Β  It's time for those categories or genres to finally win!

An indie artists winning would be so refreshing! Although I actually think GNT can kind of fulfill the indie-folk lane for now.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the best place to put it but if you want to stroll back through memory lane, Queen Trelawny is putting up a bunch of throwback pictures on her Instagram rn.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXfIsATF6Ax/

Β 

Look through the comments to see all the love that the former contestants are giving her, both verified and unverified ❀️

She deserves all the hype.

Β 

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

After JLo’s performance tonight I really wish she’d coach s22… I can see John leaving Especially after being 5th for 3 seasons in a row now. Ari leaving too.Β 

Always possible that she could do this andΒ World of DanceΒ at the same time, considering that both shows tape at different times.Β  Assuming World of DanceΒ is still running, of course.

1 hour ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

After JLo’s performance tonight I really wish she’d coach s22… I can see John leaving Especially after being 5th for 3 seasons in a row now. Ari leaving too.Β 

didn't she coach Idol?

2 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

But coach-ranking wise he was ranked third behind Blake, and one above Ariana who was fourth.

Β 

Since S16 his ranking was:

S16: 1st

S17: 3rd

S18: 3rd

S19: 4th

S20: 4th

S21: 3rd

Β 

At least he's only been last on 2/6 seasons lol

Edited by indodol

Just now, Rat! said:

Kind of interesting how the casting favored GNT and Wendy both so well. Wendy very well would have probably won if GNT weren't there.

Β 

It's crazy how close Wendy was to taking the W. Past me would be in disbelief if they would have told me someone like Wendy would reach Top 2 (I know being Blake's favorite usually gets you there but still)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Β 

It's crazy how close Wendy was to taking the W. Past me would be in disbelief if they would have told me someone like Wendy would reach Top 2 (I know being Blake's favorite usually gets you there but still)

I definitely underestimated the power of being Blake's top dog, but a lot of stuff went into Wendy taking 2nd. Paris and Hailey having declining performance quality in the later lives while Wendy came up definitely helped on top of her status.Β I still think a Black female winning is not possible without a lot of work from start to end, and that certainly includes casting.

Β 

Thinking about 2022 though, it's probably time for another country/adjacent win, and I'd hope to see it from a female act, since there have been so many male winners recently. But if that's the case, said act's gonna have to be Blake or Kelly's top dog and without a WM country competitor. I hope to god if someone is in that space that it's an adult, since we haven't really had it good since Lauren.

Β 

If we're talking about checking categories here, a teen Black female on Team Blake is probably as good as it gets.Β 

Edited by Rat!
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rat! said:

I definitely underestimated the power of being Blake's top dog, but a lot of stuff went into Wendy taking 2nd. Paris and Hailey having declining performance quality in the later lives while Wendy came up definitely helped on top of her status.Β I still think a Black female winning is not possible without a lot of work from start to end, and that certainly includes casting.

Β 

Thinking about 2022 though, it's probably time for another country/adjacent win, and I'd hope to see it from a female act, since there have been so many male winners recently. But if that's the case, said act's gonna have to be Blake or Kelly's top dog and without a WM country competitor. I hope to god if someone is in that space that it's an adult, since we haven't really had it good since Lauren.

Β 

If we're talking about checking categories here, a teen Black female on Team Blake is probably as good as it gets.Β 

I still think they missed their shot with Kennedy. JHud was too unpopular, they should have found a way to get her on Blake’s team.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 12/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, Anybody354 said:

I think if Ariana leaves, we will probably get Gwen back. It would also follow the pattern, given she has been a coach on S7, S9, S12, S17, and S19 (that’s just a cool coincidence).

Tbh I would love to see Gwen back here. Or someone like Kelsea Ballerini tbh

I like new coaches coming on so Kelsea would be a good one. But I see Gwen or Nick coming back

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voice said:

Is it even possible to have betterΒ talent than we did in S21?Β 
Β 

I would love to see Kelly win with an AA Teen girl!!!

Oooooooooo an AA teen girl we need one of those as if Kelly or John win with them. I see Kelly way more but John could do magic with an AA artist I feel like

25 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

Tbh I would love to see Gwen back here. Or someone like Kelsea Ballerini tbh

I like new coaches coming on so Kelsea would be a good one. But I see Gwen or Nick coming back

Kelly and Kelsea at the same time This, I do not believe, will happen. If Kelly isn't available, we might see Kelsea as a coach. And having Kelsea will put more pressure on Kelly-Blake to carry the show, since I don't see Blake having a narrative with Kelsea like he had with Nick, Ariana, or Gwen.

• Like 1