The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I was wondering how many songs past voice contestants already performed that Bodie did during his live run? I can't even think of one. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

a couple people did you found me, but they were all in the earlier seasons. jacob miller did better now. i saw from a “who sang it best” post that someone has sang 500 miles but it was in a very early season and i can’t find any video of it. honestly i think that’s it if i’m correct. imo i think it’s pretty cool how he picks such modern and original song choices. i like that he gets to sing what he wants to represent himself as his own artist!!

2 minutes ago, Kyc419 said:

a couple people did you found me, but they were all in the earlier seasons. jacob miller did better now. i saw from a “who sang it best” post that someone has sang 500 miles but it was in a very early season and i can’t find any video of it. honestly i think that’s it if i’m correct. imo i think it’s pretty cool how he picks such modern and original song choices. i like that he gets to sing what he wants to represent himself as his own artist!!

I was talking about live run.

Yeah, that's good, he knows exactly who he is as an artist.

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

She wouldn’t be the first contestant who is better off show then on (in fact I think it’s fairly common).

But I, and others who only know her on the voice, can only judge her on how she appears on the show.

She would be a perfectly fine winner, but I just don’t think it would be a travesty if she lost. For me, this seasons winner will be pretty far down the list regardless.

Yeah…she’s one of many contestants who are better artists in the real world than reality show contestants. I can think of some the other way around. Which one would you rather be? 

But, the performing and connecting thing you keep talking about is a strength of hers (in the real world). I’ve never had a favorite in all the seasons I’ve watched who can perform like her. I’m not just talking about on the show, where I thought she was good, but limited compared to what she normally does, for reasons I probably don’t need to explain. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, seak05 said:

Morgan is probably going to win though, and frankly if she doesn't it will be because her performance on Monday night wasn't great. 

Also people on this thread seem to only think country singers are good when they're screwing up what makes country good. Girl Crush did not need a whistle note, it distracted from the actual performance and song, which was overall very good. 

i’m not sure i agree that finale performances are gonna change results that much? although idk, are votes cumulative or not? anyway i think many still have favorites picked.

also what makes country good is very subjective? there’s a reason why there’s so many different types of country, because diff people like diff things.

1 hour ago, Voice22 said:

…I watched it and no way anyone can objectively win over Morgan’s performances. She was there having fun and giving her all like it was her tour, others were either doing karaoke or participating in a singing contest. Only Bryce can win over if it’s indeed country/Blake’s fans voting the most for whatever, he has a nice voice/stage persona, he had good performance with a second song. That’s it.

Bodie isn’t that good of a LIVE singer, he’d sound good on a radio, he isn’t  original  artist as they claim too. Omar…musical theatre in every song he does. Not impressive at all, i find him repetitive and boring. Brayden I don’t even know (ofc i know) why he is there singing instead of more talented and charismatic singers that were kicked out.

Idk, Morgan's TEOH was a messy performance if we're being honest. It's her first one too.

Bryce and Omar were probably the only two who didn't sound off in either of their performances

Bodie not that good of a live singer? He's been consistent vocally until the last 2 weeks.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Literal proof that the Voice is really a sitcom where the coaches are the stars and the contestants are extras.

Yeah.. tbh the only reason I tune in to the voice live is to partake in the live threads here. Otherwise, I'd be a YouTube watcher like I was prior to season 19. I couldn't give a rats behind about the coaches, skits and backstories. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah.. tbh the only reason I tune in to the voice live is to partake in the live threads here. Otherwise, I'd be a YouTube watcher like I was prior to season 19. I couldn't give a rats behind about the coaches, skits and backstories. 

I don't mind the back stories because that's at least content for the contestants but I could definitely do without the stupid skits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't mind the back stories because that's at least content for the contestants but I could definitely do without the stupid skits.

Fair enough. I don't mind knowing about them, but not in the context of the show where it can affect votes. Especially if it contributes to a weaker singer going through. Not to mention, not everyone has favorable edits backstory wise.

2 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Fair enough. I don't mind knowing about them, but not in the context of the show where it can affect votes. Especially if it contributes to a weaker singer going through. Not to mention, not everyone has favorable edits backstory wise.

I also don’t like getting backstories in the battles or KO’S at the cost of contestants getting montaged.

This applies to all contestants, including the ones I was not personally a fan of.

Edited by Jaffy
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

@Bk1234 just out of curiosity, are you doing your rank again this time?? 👀 

It's ok if you don't, i mean, there were 56 contestants this time so it must be harder, but there is a lot of fun with these so it would be nice 

I bet you will rank Alyssa high this time :giggle:

44 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

@Bk1234 just out of curiosity, are you doing your ranking again this time?? 👀 

It's ok if you don't, i mean, there were 56 contestants this time so it must be harder, but there is a lot of fun with these so it would be nice 

I’m not sure if any of you guys have noticed, but I’ve definitely been disengaged from IDF this season (at least more than usual.) Unfortunately, my busy schedule has not allowed me to be as invested in the show as I was in years prior. :( So, as a result, I will not be able to do a ranking thread for this season… 

That being said, for those curious about my Top 3 — please check my sig ;) 

I do hope to be more engaged next season (I am already working with the spoiler team for S23 — I can’t wait for you guys to see this upcoming cast ! 🙂), but we’ll just have to wait and see. 🤞

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 6