The Voice โ— S22 โ— Spoilers/News/Updates ๐Ÿ‚

Someone648

Can't find the ranking thread so:

ย 

The Decent:

Omar Cardona - TWYMMF was good but awkward. Just a weird pick for this show lol. Somebody to Love? VERY good from him. Did it top Jordan's? Absolutely not. Did this solidify him as the strongest vocalist in the finale? Absolutely.

ย 

The Okay:

Morgan Mylesย - TEOTH... yeah this was phoned in. Pretty rocky throughout, but I did like her ending with the spinning. Simultaneously funny and a great addition to the performance. Girl Crush was obviously more in her wheelhouse and felt much more comfortable and confident. Not a perfect night for her and it was kind of a step down from the previous weeks, but she's in a good spot still.

Bryce Leatherwoodย - I didn't expect to like T-R-O-U-B-L-E much but it was pretty ok with me actually lol. Don't Close Your Eyes was underwhelming compared to the previous version. I don't have much beef with Bryce, but he's been very inconsistent compared to the previous country finalists we've had. He's definitely one of the weaker male country finalists we've had.

ย 

Brayden:

Brayden Lapeย - So interesting to see a more obscure previous contestant get covered on the show, especially in the finale. Also sick of Humble and Kind on this show. That wasn't a good song pick for him. Very nervous tonight.ย 

ย 

The Disappointing:

bodie - So I didn't like Harry's last album and don't like LNT, but somehow bodie's version just kinda sucked the life out of that song. Besides that one big note at the end, meh. His second song was a better fit but still very bland. Such a letdown from someone I was rooting for for a few weeks there...

ย 

I'm sick of having the conversation every season about... well the exact conversation that's been occurring on here over the past week lol... so I've just disengaged from that convo for a few seasons now. Not worth the time and energy.

BUT all I'm saying is that we had the potential for a really strong finale this time around and well, we got what we got. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

You liked Skyfall?? I remember that people inย  the Youtube comments literally shredded that performance to pieces. The like/dislike ratio was not absolutely terrible but it was quite bad.ย 

ย 

A lot of people was not happy with her winning, that is for sure

ย 

ย 

That's unfortunate. I recall being struck by her performance and thinking of her like a mini "Adele," with how she was able to make the performance seem kind of haunting. I also think I enjoyed "Unstoppable" lol but I'd have to relisten to be sure.

Edited by QueenCami

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

BUT all I'm saying is that we had the potential for a really strong finale this time around and well, we got what we got. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Kim, Omar, Justin, bodie, Morgan would have been a KILLER finale. 5 experienced pros who have each given us multiple strong performances in the lives. Plus, we'd have diff genres represented: country, pop/rock, r&b, soul, whatever genre bodie is lol.

• Like 3

Lyndsey Parker's prediction:

ย 

And so nowโ€ฆ itโ€™s the time for my final prediction of the season! Whoโ€™s going to win Season 22? If youโ€™d asked me a couple of weeks ago, I would have bet good money on Bodie, but now I think this is Bryceโ€™s competition to lose. Bodie will probably place a close and respectable second, followed by Morgan, Omar, and Brayden (I think Brayden will place last due to the three-way split of the country vote).

ย 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-voice-season-22-finals-have-fans-on-edge-of-their-seats-one-singer-on-edge-of-the-stage-i-totally-almost-fell-065519460.html

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MusicBuff101 said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think are the chances that Omar escapes 5th and swaps with Brayden?ย Iโ€™d say itโ€™s 50/50 rn

i think like .5%. Omarโ€™s been performing well and still placed below Brayden in the SF. Donโ€™t think thatโ€™s gonna change with a strong finale ballad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MusicBuff101 said:

Interesting. Definitely think it's higher than that, but the Blake base is strong so we'll see.

John Legand may have given Morgan the win, did you hear his comment.ย 

Iโ€™m starting to think they let Bryce get such a good set of the songs for the finale because his win is inevitable already, so why try preventing it? They can at least make him sound his best doing itย :haha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

Iโ€™m starting to think they let Bryce get such a good set of the songs for the finale because his win is inevitable already, so why try preventing it? They can at least make him sound his best doing itย :haha:

ย 

Or.....maybe they let him do whatever he wants because he won't win because others were so far ahead.

ย 

I don't believe it wholly, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

• Like 1

I'm puzzled by Morgan's song choices and performance slots in the Finale.

ย 

Girl Crush may be popular on IDF but it's not "minivan friendly".ย Maybe she could have sung a different country song - Burning House or How Great Thou Art are much better choices IMO. TEOTH could have been better if slowed down and intimate (no distracting choir).

ย 

It's either --

1. She's sure to win so they're more focused in helping Omar place higher;

OR

2. She's not winning so they're more focused in helping Omar place higher AND helping bodie win.

ย 

Maybe it's been bodie for the win all along? :unsure:

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, season1 said:

I'm puzzled by Morgan's song choices and performance slots in the Finale.

ย 

Girl Crush may be popular on IDF but it's not "minivan friendly".ย Maybe she could have sung a different country song - Burning House or How Great Thou Art are much better choices IMO. TEOTH could have been better if slowed down and intimate (no distracting choir).

ย 

It's either --

1. She's sure to win so they're more focused in helping Omar place higher;

OR

2. She's not winning so they're more focused in helping Omar place higher AND helping bodie win.

ย 

Maybe it's been bodie for the win all along? :unsure:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Why not?

ย 

Genuinely asking because I don't know. All I remember is that controversy where it was supposedly banned from country radio lol

40 minutes ago, nytsch said:

ย 

Why not?

ย 

Genuinely asking because I don't know. All I remember is that controversy where it was supposedly banned from country radio lol

ย 

There was some small controversy a few years back. I think people misunderstood the message of the song and some stations didn't play it because they supposedly received complaints about it.ย 

ย 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/little-big-towns-girl-crush-stirs-controversy-like-it-was-built-to/#:~:text=Little Big Townโ€™s latest single called โ€œGirl Crushโ€,success of Brandy Clark and the Kacey

ย 

I don't know if the controversy was organic or ginned up. But it did bring more attention to the song.

ย 

ย 

Edited by season1

4 hours ago, nytsch said:

ย 

Ok, so I haven't seen tonight's performances yet so maybe this is unfair. But I'm pretty confidently saying that even though Todd wasn't the right winner imo, he's still way better than Bryce...

oh sure! I was referring to the fact of announcing the 5th and 4to place, and then the champion

Bryce, Brayden and Omar are all karaoke singers. At least Omar is a really good karaoke singer. But, he isnโ€™t going to win. If Morgan canโ€™t win, Iโ€™d be satisfied with Bodie.ย 

ย 

I will probably skip Blakeโ€™s farewell season, unless there a contestant I like on his team (and they are Blakeโ€™s TCO). Nobody else has a chance.ย 

• Haha 4